Play By Ear - Ear Training
By SuperNonstop.com, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play By Ear is a call-and-response ear training application that helps you develop the ability to hear pitches and play them back on your instrument by ear. Unlike other applications which force you to press buttons to indicate the notes you've heard, Play By Ear uses pitch recognition so you can play the notes back on your instrument (piano, guitar, trumpet, etc). Using your instrument to play the notes allows you to practice ear training in a method that most closely matches how you'll actually play music.
- Pitch recognition so you can use your instrument to interact with the ear trainer
- Hands-free, continuous play
- Interval exercises
- Chord exercises
- Random melody exercises
- Scale pattern melody exercises
- Jazz lick melody exercises
- Melodic and harmonic note sequences
- Ascending and descending note sequences
- Microphone calibration
- Customizable tempo
- Ability to show or hide the first note
- C, Bb, Eb, F, G, and D key centers to match your instrument
Note: Your device needs a microphone to fully enjoy Play By Ear's pitch recognition features. iPads, iPhones, and the latest iTouch all have microphones built-in, however older iTouch devices will need a headset or similar external microphone.
What's New in Version 1.13
Fix for iOS 9 issue where only a single pitch is heard.
Easy app to use
This app is helping me with intervals. It also won't register a correct pitch if I chip it slightly on my horn. Easy to use too.
Simple and well-functioning portable ear trainer. Holds you to accurate intonation.
All apps should function this well.
The absolute best
I hope this app never stops being developed. It's absolutely perfect!!