Play Festival Films
By 2wayTV LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play Festival Films is a free App (iPad, iPhone) with best short films from top film festivals such as Cannes, TIFF, Sundance, SXSW, Palm Springs and others; and best student films from University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts, Los Angeles and animation films from CalArts, Los Angeles.
Fans can watch the Play Festival Films via streaming for free anytime, anywhere there is WiFi access. Consumers can now enjoy over 125 short and feature films on the Play Festival Films that are almost impossible to find anywhere else, including films from Cannes and Sundance and award-winning hits such as:
- Justin Timberlake - The Man of The Hour.
- Aquel No Era Yo (That Wasn't Me) OSCAR 2014 Nominee, Short Film (Live Action) film.
- Overfished (Cannes 2012, Finalist at American Pavilion, Narrated by Daryl Hannah)
- Over The Line by Sam French, Academy Award Nominee 2013.
- Foet (Cannes 2012, Best Horror Short at Great Lakes Film Festival)
- Kwame (Cannes 2009, Outstanding Achievement in Direction at Directors Guild of America)
- Lullaby For Ray (Cannes 2011) by Marina Shron.
(a) Won Best Short Film at TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) 2011.
- Death Of A Pop Star by Greg Loser - inspired by circumstances surrounding death of M. Jackson.
(a) Audience Award New York City Short Film Festival
- Coons (Cannes 2008) by Chris Cloyd.
(a) Best Nebraska Short Omaha Film Festival 2007
- Blindside (Cannes 2012) by Dimi Nakov
- Random Strangers (Sundance 2012)
- Stick Climbing (Sundance 2012)
- Lazarov (Sundance 2012)
This Play Festival Films app contains free films and paid films. To make it easy for viewers to keep watching all content for free, the app also includes a fun gaming element with points. Users automatically earn 20 points just for downloading the app, which is the amount needed to watch one paid film for free. If a user watches 10 free films, they earn 20 points (2 points for each short watched), which earns the user a viewing experience to watch one paid film for free.
“Top 30” films on the Play Festival Films app are some of the paid films, which the user can download on their iPhone, iPad or iPad Mini, and then watch at the beach, on an airplane or anywhere WiFi is not available. "A Tall Tale" by Brittany Biggs is one of their best selling short films that should not be missed.
Please note that both options (stream and/or download) require high speed Internet connection, i.e. Wi-Fi. We do not support any streaming or download of videos over 3G network.
- A Tall Tale by Brittany Biggs (Best Animation Short LA Women International Film Festival 2011)
- Hunting by Duilio Zaffaroni (Cannes 2012)
- Room Service by Tariq Nasir (Winner: Gold Kahuna Award, Honolulu 2012)
- My Father's Chinese Wife by Franklin Peterson (USC First Look Film Festival)
- Ein Mal Und Nie Wieder (Once and Never Again) by Lilia Paul-Tsurkan (Cannes 2012)
Stream or download the free films. After watching a brief 15 second pre-roll advertisement, the rest of the Play Festival Films viewing experience is quality content that is interruption-free. And you earn 2 viewing points to watch a free film. Use these viewing points to stream any paid film.
- Waiting (Cannes 2013)
- Overfished (Cannes 2012) narrated by Daryl Hannah.
- Magpie (SXSW 2012)
- Rain for Morgan (Winner - Best narrative short Festivus Film Festival 2011)
- Shell Out (Animation)
- The Funny Thing About Lois (Animation)
- Delmer Builds A Machine (Comedy) by Landon Zakheim (SXSW 2010)
- Departures (Best Drama NYC Brown Fish Film Festival)
- Mind Tricks (Thriller)
- Monsoon (Drama)
- Magellan (Drama)
- The Ambassador's Wife (Drama)
- Measuring Tape Girl (Drama)
- The Peak and The Pit (Thriller)
- The Broken Heart Of Gnocchi Bolognese (Romance)
- Bacon Wrapped Date (Romance)
- Earthship (Sci-Fi)
- Terry Kendall and Orange Green (Dark Comedy)
What's New in Version 5.0
1. Added featured section with the feature film - Justin Timberlake - The Man of the Hour. (Released 2014). Also enjoy some free clips from this film.
Starring: Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel, Janet Jackson, Cameron Diaz, Britney Spears.
2. Added OSCAR 2014 Nominee, Short Film (Live Action) film AQUEL NO ERA YO (That Wasn't Me). A Spanish (English subtitles) film by Esteban Crespo.
3. A new interface look and resolved few bugs.
Doesnt work. Freezes.
Had to force shut down twice. Deleting
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 30, 2014
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 2way TV LLC
- © 2014 2wayTV LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Bacon Wrapped Date"$0.99
- "Bootyful World"$0.99
- "100 Viewing Points"$0.99
- "A Tall Tale"$0.99
- "Top 15 Sellers"$9.99
- "Brothers Incorporated"$0.99
- Aquel No Era Yo$0.99