play:Sub — Subsonic Music Streamer
By Michael Hansen
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
play:Sub — Subsonic Music Streamer streams music from your home computer or NAS to your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
Connect play:Sub to your Subsonic server and enjoy your music - everywhere, anytime, in the quality you decide.
play:Sub supports playback of most audio formats like FLAC, MP3, AAC and more.
Lossless and gapless playback is supported, as well as crossfading between tracks.
Use the 10-band fully customizable equalizer to get the right sound.
The equalizer has presets for common genres and scenarios.
Browse your music your way, be it by folder, artist or album.
Control playback using gestures, buttons or remote controlled from you headset.
Play on anything: builtin speaker, headphones, Bluetooth connected headphones/amp/speaker/car-stereo or AirPlay devices.
play:Sub streams your music over any connection, and caches songs for when connectivity is bad.
Played songs are cached automatically, and you can manually cache individual songs or entire folders, artists or albums.
• Intuitive and beautiful interface, dark and light UI themes
• Full orientation support, incl. iPad multitasking support.
• FLAC, AAC, ALAC, MP3, MP4, OGG, WAV, AIFF and many more
• Plays most audio formats without transcoding
• WMA using transcoding to MP3
• Lossless playback without transcoding
• Gapless playback
• 10-band fully customizable equalizer
• Artist radio.
• Artit top songs
• Similar artists
• Be inspired by random artist, album or songs
• Play random songs in a genre.
BROWSE YOUR MUSIC ANY WAY YOU LIKE IT
• Artists, Albums, Songs
• Playlists, Favorites, Genres
• Podcasts, Audiobooks, Bookmarks
• Create, update and delete playlists
• Re-order playlist tracks
• Personal and shared playlists
• Cache complete playlists to device
• Full playlist support in both online and offline mode
• Playlist changes are synced at first chance
• Starring of artists, albums, tracks and folders
• Starring works in both online and offline mode
• Items starred when offline is synced at first chance
• Easily filter lists for starred content
• View All, Random or Starred albums from a genre
• View Random or Starred songs from a genre
CONTEXT MENU EVERYWHERE
• Long-press any item to show relevant actions
• Easily navigate between associated artist, album, tracks and folders
• Add tracks, albums, artists or folders to playlists
• View and manage caching
• Swipe-to-reveal shortcuts
• Access different views by tapping the list title
• Automatic caching of played tracks, including pre-caching of upcoming tracks
• Manually cache selected folders, artists, albums or tracks without having to play them
• Configurable cache parameters
• Upgrade cached audio to better bitrate when available
SEAMLESS OFFLINE MODE
• Play cached music when connectivity is bad
• Show only cached content
• Same user interface in online and offline mode
• AirPlay, Bluetooth, remote control, lock screen & control center integration
• Support iOS’ sleep timer
• Resumes music after being interrupted by phone calls
• Background downloads
• SSL, self-signed certificates
• Secure authentication for Subsonic 5.3+ servers
• Connection dependent bitrate; bitrate settings for cellular and wifi, override settings for slow/fast WiFi networks
• Scrobbles to last.fm if configured on the server.
• Updates Now Playing on the server.
• Updates server-playcounts when playing cached content.
• Music played while offline is scrobbled when online again.
NOTE: a licensed installation of Subsonic 4.8 or higher is required. This is a separate purchase from http://subsonic.org.
Some features need a higher Subsonic server version (Top Songs, Artist Radio, Similar Artists, Last.fm Imagery, Album Info)
What's New in Version 1.7.3
A few bugs fixed and minor additions:
- NEW Support for "enc:" encoding of passwords.
- TWEAK Loading a random playlist now avoids audiobooks, podcasts and tracks that are “too long”.
- FIX Starting playback with single-track playqueue often fails to start playback.
- FIX Preserve play queue shuffle order across sessions.
- FIX "Next up" display in landscape mode is sometimes wrong.
- FIX "About" for podcasts episodes now shows episode description.
- FIX When listening to a shuffled playlist and add a track to play next, it was not played next.
- FIX Use fewer different size thumbnail images, lowering space required for image caching on device and server-side.
For feature requests or issues:
please use the in-app form (play:Sub | Feedback),
or the contact form on http://michaelsapps.dk
Longtime iSub User Convert
I was a longtime user of iSub and it feels a little wrong to be cheating on them, but this app is hands down the front runner for the functionality, user interface, and the settings I always wanted. iSub has some work to do to catch up. Great work on developing an alternative! I do wish there was a setting to disable art in the list view of Artists to be able to see more artists at one time.
Great subsonic client
Overall a very positive experience, especially compared to other IOS subsonic apps. Caching for offline listening is great. Just a few minor bugs related to not resetting track time when skipping a song, and occasional issues when the network connection is inconsistent.
Very well-made streaming app
Perfectly connects to my server, no audio dropouts, plays my lossless files. Has a handy search function. Superfriendly support. Definitely worth the money. Keep up the good work :-)
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 22, 2017
- Version: 1.7.3
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, German
- Seller: Michael Hansen
- © 2015-2017 Michael Bech Hansen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.