PlayerXtreme Media Player - The best player of movies, videos, music & streaming
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PlayerXtreme is a video player worthy of the elegant iPad. With PlayerXtreme you can watch your movies on the go from anywhere even if they’re in any format even if they don’t normally play or even sync with your iPhone! Download PlayerXtreme & start transferring & watching your favorite movies without conversion!
PlayerXtreme is able to run files in almost any video format. It has currently the following formats covered:
3gp, asf, avi, divx, dv, dat, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, vob, webm, wm, wmv
• Mac Finder/Window Explorer like interface.
• Easy to organize you movie collection.
• Tag/Color folders.
• New Navigation and search
• SMB, UPNP and Wifi support.
• Access your file from browser.
• Map you library as drive.
• Transfer file between two iPhone PlayerXtreme devices over Wifi.
• Download files from network to your local library.
• Play files from your email attachments.
• Supports HD playback (in 1080p) for MP4, MOV and M4V.
• Support .srt subtitles in almost all languages.
• Quick forward and backward controls
• Control subtitle's font size, track, language.
• Boost volume upto 12 times the original sound for watching movies without headphones.
• Set Passcode on your library to restrict anyone from accessing your folders/files.
• Can enable guest access.
• Hiding folders. Hidden folders are not visible to guest users.
What's New in Version 5.4
- Fixed problems in UPNP/DLNA connectivity.
- Fixed problem in UPNP where some folders would not show data or take alot of time to load.
- Improved font sizes of subtitles on all devices.
- Added support to play music and audio in background. Also added setting to enable or disable this feature.
Could improve audio issues… more audio formats?
I’ve found that the free basic version plays my avi & mp4 videos with no audio issues. However, all of my mkv videos have no sound at all. I’m not sure if it’s because of the audio type that it’s converted as since I have noticed that another person said their mkv videos worked fine. Most of my videos are in mkv format so this is preventing me from upgrading to the Pro version. The idea is for me to save the time of having to convert files… but sound is a must!!!
I have this player app for about 2 years now. Since the latest major update that happened about 3 months ago I've been having difficulties with the subtitles (always showing Invalid Subtitle Enconding instead of the subtitle itself). Plus everytime I try to delete a file the app freezes. I wrote them about 3 times and I never get an answer. I paid the Pro version and now I wish I hadn't because customer service just don't exists! Please people, do yourself a favor and try to find another player, that's what I'm gonna do!
Best out there
Of all the players I have used, this one is definitely the best. It is easy to copy from iTunes to my iPad and with iPad Air, the sound quality is awesome. That said, the font under the download is very small and the "you sure you want to delete?" Is annoying.
If I were to change anything is would be to add small, medium and large picture icons.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 25, 2015
- Version: 5.4
- Size: 20.4 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: PentaLoop
- © Pentaloop
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- PlayerXtreme Pro$2.99
- Access Network Drives & Folders$0.99
- X12 Volume Boost$0.99
- Folder Guard$0.99