PlayerXtreme Media Player - Movies & streaming
By Xtreme Media Works
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PlayerXtreme is a video player worthy of the elegant iPad. With PlayerXtreme you can watch your movies on the go from anywhere even if they’re in any format even if they don’t normally play or even sync with your iPhone! Download PlayerXtreme & start transferring & watching your favorite movies without conversion!
PlayerXtreme is able to run files in almost any video format. It has currently the following formats covered:
3gp, asf, avi, divx, dv, dat, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, vob, webm, wm, wmv
• Mac Finder/Window Explorer like interface.
• Easy to organize you movie collection.
• New Navigation and search
• SMB, UPNP and Wifi support.
• Access your file from browser.
• Map you library as drive.
• Add files from your PC to your iPhone.
• Play files from your email attachments.
• Supports HD playback (in 1080p) for all formats.
• Support SRT, SSA/ASS, SMI and many other subtitles in almost all languages.
• Quick forward and backward controls
• Control subtitle's font size, track and language.
• Supports multiple audio tracks in a file.
• Boost volume upto 3 times the original sound for watching movies without headphones.
• Set Passcode on your library to restrict anyone from accessing your folders/files.
• Can enable guest access.
• Hiding folders. Hidden folders are not visible to guest users.
What's New in Version 6.3.5
- Fixed problem with embedded subtitles in MKV files.
- Fixed audio delay and syncing.
It works, but the UI was designed by a drunken lunatic
This app is a very capable video player. I got it because VLC's webm support is lacking, and it has handled every webm I've thrown at it with ease.
However, PlayerX tosses out about ¾ of the standard iOS UI conventions, and does some weird, user-unfriendly stuff besides. First of all, the browser feature doesn't appear in the menu until 10 seconds after the app launches. Why? When you tap on a folder or file expecting it to open or play, you instead get a pop-up menu that is better suited for the right-click on a computer. The swipe-to-go-back gesture doesn't work, even in the settings screen where you would reasonably expect it to. And last but not least, the actual video player UI looks like someone vomited buttons all over the screen. Perhaps some of those controls could be buried in a pop-up or intelligently hidden or something.
Anyway, it's a decent app. Works fine, but don't expect a stellar user experience.
Elegantly Designed & Functionally Supreme
PlayerXtreme quickly became the go-to app for all my iOS viewing pleasures. The UI has a sleek, user-friendly design that has out-performed all other media players I've tried. It has supported every video file type I've thrown at it, all with a superior quality HD output. The controls available during playback make for an easily streamlined experience, and transferring files between all of my devices couldn't be simpler. Thanks for a quality app!
Awesome Video Player
I've been using PlayerXtreme for the last couple of weeks. It plays wonderfully, forward and reverse easy and even plays when screen is minimized. The only suggestions would be to make it easier to find your videos that are on your phone (you have to hit the three lines to open the menu), and make the video folders and titles bigger for easier viewing in the selected folder!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 10, 2017
- Version: 6.3.5
- Size: 75.3 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Xtreme Media Works
- © Xtreme Media Works
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- PlayerXtreme Pro$4.99
- Loyalty UpgradeFree