PlayerXtreme Media Player
By Xtreme Media Works
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PlayerXtreme is a video player worthy of the elegant iPad. With PlayerXtreme you can watch your movies on the go from anywhere even if they’re in any format even if they don’t normally play or even sync with your iPhone! Download PlayerXtreme & start transferring & watching your favorite movies without conversion!
PlayerXtreme is able to run files in almost any video format. It has currently the following formats covered:
3gp, asf, avi, divx, dv, dat, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, vob, webm, wm, wmv
• Mac Finder/Window Explorer like interface.
• Easy to organize you movie collection.
• New Navigation and search
• SMB, UPNP and Wifi support.
• Access your file from browser.
• Map you library as drive.
• Add files from your PC to your iPhone.
• Play files from your email attachments.
• Supports HD playback (in 1080p) for all formats.
• Support SRT, SSA/ASS, SMI and many other subtitles in almost all languages.
• Quick forward and backward controls
• Control subtitle's font size, track and language.
• Supports multiple audio tracks in a file.
• Boost volume upto 3 times the original sound for watching movies without headphones.
• Set Passcode on your library to restrict anyone from accessing your folders/files.
• Can enable guest access.
• Hiding folders. Hidden folders are not visible to guest users.
What's New in Version 7.3.2
- minor fixes
- iOS 11 compatibility
Update: After using for a couple of months, it's still working great for me with all of the video file formats I use. In terms of platform use, I'm a UX researcher and I do think the information architecture design could be improved, though it's certainly usable.
As of this writing, I've been using this app for about 1 month. I use it during slow state cardio workouts to watch shows on my iPad. I'm able to watch a wide variety of formats and it seems to be working well.
Still working well overall.
This is one of two players that I've tried out to get control of my media experience. I love the file system, easy and intuitive. The user interface is not what I'd call beautiful, but it is very functional and easy to navigate. Connecting to my home network to stream media from a hard drive was very simple and automatic. I also like that you can load any type of media through iTunes and it will show up in the app. This is a very nice single stop for playing all media. If the interface was a little more interesting, I'd give this thing five stars.
Best player I have found so far
This is the best media player I have found and I have tried a few. I plays every format I have thrown at it and I like the way you can file and sort your media files. The wifi transfer is also pretty fast compared to other players.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 7.3.2
- Size: 122 MB
- Languages: English, Russian
- Seller: Xtreme Media Works
- © Xtreme Media Works
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Loyalty UpgradeFree
- PlayerXtreme Pro$4.99