PlayerXtreme Media Player - Movies & streaming
By Xtreme Media Works
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PlayerXtreme is a video player worthy of the elegant iPad. With PlayerXtreme you can watch your movies on the go from anywhere even if they’re in any format even if they don’t normally play or even sync with your iPhone! Download PlayerXtreme & start transferring & watching your favorite movies without conversion!
PlayerXtreme is able to run files in almost any video format. It has currently the following formats covered:
3gp, asf, avi, divx, dv, dat, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, vob, webm, wm, wmv
• Mac Finder/Window Explorer like interface.
• Easy to organize you movie collection.
• New Navigation and search
• SMB, UPNP and Wifi support.
• Access your file from browser.
• Map you library as drive.
• Add files from your PC to your iPhone.
• Play files from your email attachments.
• Supports HD playback (in 1080p) for all formats.
• Support SRT, SSA/ASS, SMI and many other subtitles in almost all languages.
• Quick forward and backward controls
• Control subtitle's font size, track and language.
• Supports multiple audio tracks in a file.
• Boost volume upto 3 times the original sound for watching movies without headphones.
• Set Passcode on your library to restrict anyone from accessing your folders/files.
• Can enable guest access.
• Hiding folders. Hidden folders are not visible to guest users.
What's New in Version 7.0.6
- Improved battery performance while playing videos.
- Fixed problem with Korean and Arabic subtitles encoding.
- Translated the app to Russian language.
UI too small and a bit confusing
They could have made the User Interface larger font and just a bit easier to use. That said this player does what is says it's supposed to do. Now that Apple has eliminated the native Videos app in iOS 10.2 this is a great choice to replace it.
NOTE... with recent major update most issues with the UI have been addressed. One bug that needs to fixed, at least on iPads, is if I pause a video, shut my iPad off, then switch on my iPad, the video screen is black with audio only. The solution is to exit the video and re-open it and the video generally will pick up where I left off.
A Great Tool!
PlayerXtreme is proving to not only be very useful but easy to use. I do not consider myself to be a "digital" person and find myself becoming frustrated in trying to utilize many apps and programs on my laptop and iPad. Right from the time I downloaded it, this app has been a joy for me. It almost works all by itself. I don't hesitate to recommend it to anyone but especially to someone who often struggles with trying to push the right button in the right order.
Useful for playing WebMs (among other unsupported files) on the iPhone.
Does not support downloading from Internet! I'd like to use the built in browser but it simply doesn't work. Exporting to the camera roll (with supported files) would be nice, as would the ability to convert between file types.
I don't know if it's just my setup or the app, but it doesn't automatically associate with the files it can play, another app I have installed (which cannot play videos at all, mind you) is associated with WebM and MJPEG files for some reason.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 05, 2017
- Version: 7.0.6
- Size: 89.5 MB
- Languages: English, Russian
- Seller: Xtreme Media Works
- © Xtreme Media Works
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Loyalty UpgradeFree
- PlayerXtreme Pro$4.99