The top rated piano learning application, co-created by Quincy Jones - the all-time most nominated Grammy artist.
With Playground Sessions, learn keyboard skills, how to read music, chords and advanced rhythms, and how to play by ear - all through the lens of your favorite songs, in the comfort of your own home. With our real-time feedback you’ll always know when you’re playing something correctly, and where you’ll need extra practice. And through our guided tour, you’ll always know where you are on your piano journey, and where you’re headed next.
Playground Sessions is fun, fast, and easy!
- Play hits from John Legend, Taylor Swift, The Beatles, Beethoven, and more, right away on day 1.
- Earn scores, badges, level up, and keep track of your results.
- Play a note right, it will turn green. Play it wrong, it will turn red. Play the note’s rhythm wrong and it will turn pink. With Playground’s interactive feedback, you'll always know what notes you played right, and what notes you played wrong, right away!
- Lessons and songs are broken down by skill level - Rookie, Intermediate, and Advanced.
- Begin playing right away! Simply connect your keyboard to your iPad using a MIDI or USB cable and a USB to Lightening adaptor (use a USB to 30-Pin adapter for older iPad models).
Added offline support for already downloaded lessons
Added ability to set custom tempo
Added ability to manually scroll music
Improved automatic scrolling to be smoother and more consistent
Fixed video segments not being marked complete
Fixed videos restarting in the background so you could hear multiple copies playing
Ratings and Reviews
Cannot Select Music Sections for Focused Practice
Very disappointing that the iPad app does not allow you to select and repeat sections (such as an especially difficult part) of the sheet music to practice with the app showing where the notes you played where correct and correctly timed, as the Windows version of the app does.
Instead you either have to practice the difficult part of the song without feedback (obviously not great for learning) or repeat the ENTIRE piece of music just to practice with feedback on notes and timing, which is absolutely the wrong way to efficiently learn.
This is especially frustrating because THEY KNOW THIS (that’s why it is a feature of the Windows app) and they simply did not put in the effort to include this feature.
Learning piano and learning new songs is difficult enough in itself, please add this much needed feature ASAP!
Best piano learning app
This should get better ratings than what it is right now
They are constantly updating and I love this all！
We Love Playground Sessions
Playground Sessions was the most economical (and fun) way for two children to begin to learn piano. My 6 and 9 year old try not to squabble when their sibling is taking “too long” on their turn to play the piano. My six year old is the “worst” and through the course of a day may play up to an hour of piano. He is currently working on learning Fur Elise and has asked to be called Baby Beethoven.
- Playground Sessions, Inc.
- 123.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Playground Sessions Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.