PlayOff allows you to start playing music on one device, like your iPhone, then continue without missing a beat on another, like your Mac. It finds the song playing (and its position) on your other devices and picks up where you left off. It's like Handoff, but for music!
PlayOff works with both Apple Music and music synced to your iPhone with iTunes.
- Continue playing a song you started playing on one of your devices.
- iPad support
- Go beyond a single song and continue an entire playlist.
- Automatically switch audio output (like AirPods)
*Upcoming feature list subject to change.
PlayOff requires the Music app to be installed.
- Fixed an issue where nothing would play on devices not set to English.
- Fixed a crash when trying to pair devices.
- Fixed an issue where PlayOff would load indefinitely - particularly when trying to continue a track streamed from Apple Music.
Thanks as always for using PlayOff! Feel free to send me an email at email@example.com for help and feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Works great, even with the iPad which is not yet officially supported. Can’t wait to see how this app evolves, and adds support for more devices like apple watch. Amazing job!! keep up the great work!!
A magic minimalistic solution to a problem I didn’t know I had! Thank you, thank you!
Those who don’t deserve to work harder than necessary.
Solid app for an overlooked feature
Why isn’t this built into the Music app?
Hoping the developer can enable handing off queue and playlist between devices. Shortcuts or Siri support would be awesome!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for using PlayOff! I will defiantly consider supporting Siri Shortcuts in the future :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.