By PlayStation Mobile Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STAY IN THE GAME
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
· See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
· Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
· Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
· Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
· Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application's features.
What's New in Version 2.0.7
- The home screen has been redesigned.
- Tablet layout is now supported.
- [Players You May Know] will now appear on your Friends list.
- You can now create a link for your Friend request and share it with other people.
- You can now search for other players using their real names.
Not bad but needs some work
I like many playstation fans was excited when I saw that Sony had made a playstation app. I was and am happy that the app lets me check my messages and friends statuses to see if anyone is online. It has a few cool features but it needs work. For example it claims to let me control my ps4 with the app and although I have the two devices(the system and my ios8 iphone5s) synced properly the only button that works on the second screen function is the home button. My tv is across the room and id love for this function to work so if I want to watch a movie I could switch to my phone and plug in the dualshock4 to charge while I use the phone and app to simply browse Netflix and control the movie for a while so I can leave the controller plugged in for the next gaming session. Overall it's a great concept and beautiful in design but needs some work to make the pretty functions actually work and maybe be able to use the phone as a literal second screen even for people who don't have Sony phones and a controller phone mount. For example maybe work with EA to use the app to show stats and useful info during fifa matches or NHL games. Please keep working on it Sony. -sincerely a Sony fan who sees the potential of the app
This app was not executed properly. It's a good idea, I think psn needs an app considering that Sony is one of the leading electronic companies in the world. But this app shows laziness and inconsideration on Sony's part for gamers on the psn. Especially referring to the fact that we go out a spend hundreds of $$$ on devices, not to mention the cost of gaming entertainment, movies, music, playstation plus and so forth just to name a few... I guess I set my expectations a little too high according to Sony's standards if I may say so. I'm not gonna list what's wrong with this app (and many faults can be named) because must people will read multiple reviews. I personally feel as though Sony just threw together this app (if you wanna call it that) with very little concern for the needs or wants of playstation network veterans. And I think I speak for many many people when I say that. They gave us a low quality app and sent us on our way. Sony... Playstation... I'm hurt. Why do you think we deserve less or below basic. We all expected more and had high hopes for an app that can be as amazing as gaming systems that was produced back then and presently now. This needs to be fixed, upgraded... Your a big company use your imagination!!!
Needs better iOS 8 performance
I am a huge PlayStation fan and I really like the fact that Sony had made an app that lets users see which friends are on and offline. However, that app has many issues. To start, I cannot check my messages, the app always says there's an error. Secondly, I can't even send a message, the app says there was an error connecting to the server. Thirdly, the app seems to not work while using network data. I have 4G like just about everyone else with an iPhone 5/5s/5c/6/6+ and I can't even use that to use the app. It only allows wifi only connectivity.
The concept of the app is great but lacks in many stability aspects and performing simple tasks. Hopefully these issues get addressed in a future update to the app.
If the app improves its stability and other issues, I'd be more than happy to change my 3 star rating to a 5 star. I'm sure many others are or have experienced the issues that have at some point while using the app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 28, 2014
- Version: 2.0.7
- Size: 4.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.