By PlayStation Mobile Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STAY IN THE GAME
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
· See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
· Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
· Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
· Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
· Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application's features.
What's New in Version 3.10.8
- You can now follow verified accounts. When you follow the accounts, you can keep track of their activities in [What's New].
- The message feature in PlayStation®App is now available as a separate application. You must install the [PlayStation®Messages] application to continue using the message feature.
Fresh Start (Re-Adjusted)
So they completely wiped all the app's negative reviews with the update? Well here's is a review of the previous version seeing as a I don't want to rate something 5 stars yet if it doesn't deserve it. The biggest problems I had with the last update were that the store had problems scrolling and loading info and would frequently crash. So I had to pin bookmarks of the blog and the store to my home screen. The rest of the application worked pretty well, but now like Facebook you must download a separate app for messages which is easily found through the PS App as opposed to searching the store. The messenger app has a clean and attractive layout and can even tell you what system your friends are on as well as if they are online. Which is a nice feature that none of Sonys systems have aside from Vita telling you someone is on PS4. While you could just delete this app and use the other app for messaging and seeing if people are online, checking profiles is something you must do here
Update: I've messed around with it, and it still crashes. No point in keeping the app now. I don't need to look at my profile or trophies that often and if I do I could use the website on my phone or my Vita. Deleting this app now and keeping the messenger app.
Seriously need to fix the store
I wish I could rate this less than one star. You can't even browse games to purchase without the store crashing and making you reload. Once you reload you have to start all over again. The loading is horrible in the store. So much lag it's ridiculous. Before I used the app to buy games. Now I have to use the PS4 so I don't buy games as much as I used to since now I have to wait for the download and install where as before I would purchase it while at work through the app and it would be downloaded and installed when I got home. Now the store has so much lag and crash that it's unbearable to use for buying games. Feels like I'm on dial up, doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or LTE. All other apps work fine.
Now for the second worse part of the app. WHY IN THE WORLD DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD A SECOND APP TO MESSAGE. It was working perfect before so why do I need to waste memory on my phone/iPad to do something that I was able to do before in one app.
This app was perfect before. It was 10 stars(better than the 5 the app store allows us to give). Now, it only gets one and that's because the app store will not allow me give it a 1/4 of a star.
Unbearable and Useless
I can't log into my PlayStation Store account from the iPhone browser normally (as it just sits there doing "something" forever), and I was hoping to use this app to check on my downloads list while I was on the go (mainly because I wanted to get a PS4 and I wanted to see what PS Plus games I already have on there). Even attempting to scroll the page causes it to lag like crazy (occasionally crash), and then I am usually presented with a "Cannot Load; Refresh?" screen. Hitting refresh brings me to a white page where the app locks up. I don't even really need to use the other features of this app, but it's sad that a company as big as Sony somehow doesn't test their apps thoroughly enough before releasing them to realize that it doesn't work.
EDIT: Okay. So the PS Store functionality is still saying "Cannot Load; Refresh?" after scrolling down a page for a bit, but at LEAST it doesn't lag as much as it did before. Still 1 star, since it doesn't actually make it any better considering that the PS Store functionality is still broken.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 08, 2015
- Version: 3.10.8
- Size: 11.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- © Copyright 2015 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.