By Sony Computer Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STAY IN THE GAME
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
· See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
· Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
· Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
· Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
· Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application's features.
What's New in Version 1.60.6
- The [Live from PlayStation] feature has been added.
- Playback of video in notifications from PS Store is now supported. These notifications appear under [What's New].
- This app will no longer automatically connect to a PS4™ system that is in standby mode.
- Stability has been improved.
Good Idea, Needs Better Execution
It has pretty much all of the things you would expect from a playstation app minus the ability to play games. I don't expect to play games on it but there are 2 things this app needs to become useful. 1, it needs to be a lot faster. It's not slow slow but it's definitely not fast enough for it to be as convenient as a mobile app should be. The other thing it needs are push notifications. Add push notifications for new messages, friend requests, accepted requests, party invites, etc., with options to pick and choose which we personally want on or off and this app not only becomes useful but it becomes perfect. The fact that you need to physically open and refresh the app most of the time to see any updates defeats the purpose. In fact if you're home your ps4 is actually more convenient because there are both audio and visual notifications. The mobile app is good because it has the features to check on your account while your away but between the speed and lack of notifications it's almost not worth that convenience. I fought between giving this 2 and 3 stars and decided to be nice but those 2 improvements really need to be made in order for this app to have it's intended effect.
New some futuer must do it pllz
Hi thanks for the great app on the world this is my dream app we need to get all store inside the app so we can buy for ps4,ps3,psvita and old ps1,ps2,PSM i used the iphone so when i press store button it's go out from app and open it on the safari and get some error or no conection for the store pllz we need it inside to enjoy the full futuer in the app and we need fully control remot from phone to ps3/ps4/psvita the interface only to do install or to delete some game or any other thing's or to see time left to download games and we can do instal if we outreach from the device hop to see all this and thank you all of you sony to make my life happy love you all goodluck :)
The app insists that my login info is incorrect - this is simply not true. After two password resets, I'm am 100% certain my
Login info is correct.
A quick google search confirms that many others have been dealing with the same issue for a while - myself included.
So... Are you going to fix this Sony or are we just going to have to live with a broken app? I'm trying Sony; I'm trying really hard to enjoy your platform but this generation has been plagued with bugs and issues.
You guys can't even get a phone app to function correctly. It's not the end of the world but it's yet another strike against your platform.
I bought your product, I'm trying to enjoy what you have to offer but you're not making it easy. I'm not going to pretend I understand what it takes to launch a system/app/etc at this magnitude but c'mon, it's not unreasonable to ask for your product to work and if it doesn't that it gets fixed in a timely fashion.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 31, 2014
- Version: 1.60.6
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- © Copyright 2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.