Use PlayStation Messages to see who's online and to send messages to your friends from your mobile device. Always stay connected with your friends even while you're away from your PS4.
The PlayStation Messages app for your mobile device includes the following features:
• See who's online and what game they're playing.
• Send text and voice messages as well as photos and stickers to your friends and groups.
• Quickly access your groups by adding them to your favorites.
A Sony Entertainment Network account is required to use this app.
The Share extension is used for sharing content such as URLs and images to PlayStation Messages.
• Online friends are now displayed at the top of the Messages screen.
• New stickers are available!
• This update includes fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
App needs Major Fixing
The app was working perfectly fine last week. However, for the past couple of days I’ve been getting notifications for messages I’ve been getting but once I get onto the app, it says “Cannot Connect To Service” and the message I received isn’t there, but it is on my PS4. It also won’t let me send messages either due to this problem. I thought signing in and signing out would make it work, but it says “Cannot Connect To Internet” when I try to sign out. From there I clicked, “Clear Cache” and it signed me out automatically. When I clicked “Sign In”, again. There’s a loading icon that pops up for around 1 second then asks me to sign in again, and the same thing keeps happening. This app used to be great with no problems at all. But the past months of using this app have been horrible.
Profile picture is now looking weird
This app is honestly great as well as the message version of it but when I had got this I changed my profile picture to somthing I had on my phone and it was really nice but now whenever I want to change it and I select a photo it looks pixilated unless you zoom in and this never happens befor. So ever since then I haven’t changed my profile pic in fear that it will be pixelized and look weird to others saying it. Although the original picture stay perfectly fine the visual once you select one to change your profile picture come out as I explained previously
Can’t sign in
When I finished downloading the app I clicked the sign in button, however a white screen came up and disappeared. It has been doing that several times.
I went online to find a solution and it says to restart the phone. After I did that I clicked the sign in button and the white screen came up and stayed longer than expected, it had the loading circle and the X bottom. After waiting a few minutes I tapped the screen and the white screen disappeared.
When I clicked the sign in button again the white screen did the same exact thing when I downloaded it: popping up and going away. I don’t know if my phone is causing this or it’s the app, but right now I’m kinda frustrated.
- PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- 56.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © PlayStation Mobile Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.