Meet Playster: The world’s first all-in-one entertainment service, offering unlimited streaming of ebooks, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows. Playster brings millions of premium titles together in one easy-to-use app.
From the Big Five publishers (HarperCollins, Hachette Book Group, Macmillan Publishers, Penguin Random House and Simon and Schuster) to Warner Music Group, The Orchard, National Geographic, BBC and more, Playster houses entertainment in all its forms from the world’s biggest publishers, labels and movie studios, as well as from the best indie talent.
You can now enjoy unlimited streaming of over 100,000 audiobooks with no credits and no restrictions. What’s more, switching between media types has never been easier because it’s all housed in one app. Listen to an expertly curated playlist, pull up a movie soundtrack, choose the perfect audible story or watch an educational documentary at the click of a button. And with hundreds of new titles added every week, Playster’s diverse digital catalog just keeps growing.
• Stream unlimited books, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows.
• Enjoy countless New York Times Best Sellers, like The Girl on the Train, Fifty Shades of Grey, Hamilton, Inferno, It, The Light Between Oceans, The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo and more.
• Choose from a wide range of genres, including: Young Adult, Romance, Mystery, Thriller, Business, Cooking, Health & Fitness, Religion, Kids, Science Fiction.
• Download books, audiobooks and music for offline streaming.
• Discover new favorites with unique mood-based sorting, which offers cross-media recommendations for every mood and occasion.
• Stream hundreds of expertly curated playlists. Or create your own ultimate playlist, which you can then share with friends on social media via Facebook and Twitter.
• Access unabridged Bibles in multiple languages, including English, Spanish and French, in both eBooks and audiobook formats.
• Audiobooks Selection - unlimited access to audiobooks for $14.99 per month.
• Playster Unlimited - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $34.99 per month.
• Playster Premium - unlimited digital access with audiobooks premium for $46.99 per month.
• Audiobook Premium - unlimited premium audiobook access for $29.99 per month.
• Unlimited Books - unlimited access to books for $14.99 per month.
• Unlimited Music - unlimited access to music for $4.99 per month.
• Unlimited Movies + TV shows - unlimited access to movies and TV shows for $3.99 per month.
All Prices are shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply. All subscriptions can be cancelled anytime.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Connect With Playster:
- New loading screen
- New Listen now screen
- Improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The best audiobooks for a great value
If *only* my wife used this, it would justify the charge for the Premium Audiobook subscription.
If you listen to more than two audiobooks a month, THIS IS CHEAPER THAN THE COMPETITORS!
And if you don’t like a book, or aren’t in the mood and maybe don’t finish it, it doesn’t matter! You just move on to another book for no extra charge!
And if you have a few other audiobook fans in your house, you simple create profiles for them just like Netflix!
I have several fiction and non-fiction audiobooks downloaded at any given time. And my son listens, too. NO WAY can Audible offer that kind of value.
The overlap of this library and competitors is significant! I rarely find a book that one service offers that the other doesn’t. The premium selection is a HUGE library of POPULAR authors and books.
This is a legitimate enterprise with real human beings behind the scenes working their butts off to make this work for you—I’ve been a customer for a long time now and have been watching the app and search improve by leaps and bounds and they are still improving. Bear with them! Cheer them on! We use this EVERY DAY.
Get a list of your favorite books and look for them on this service, and at your competitors. You will be surprised!
No waiting for a copy to free up. No reading the first 11 of a series to find number 12 isn’t offered. No sharing a reading list with your whole family.
Developer Response ,
Hi Gerald - thank you for your review and support! We're working to streamline and optimize everything about Playster to improve our users' experience. Thank you for your patience as we work towards this!
I use for the audiobooks only. Pretty good selection but the books don’t always play. Sometimes I will start a book and then not be able to finish it because of an “error”. I have one book that I have been anxious to listen to and it only shows the error. I’ve emailed and did all their silly requests, replies and months later still can’t listen to the book. Searching is also a problem. You have to go at it many different ways to hopefully find what you are looking for. And sometimes the authors will show but none of their books;even though I’ve seen their books on the app. The saving audiobooks to your list isn’t a good either. Sometimes only the top ones will show. Sometime the authors A-F are available but not the rest. Honestly though very frustrated I want to keep this service because when it works you can get your moneys worth and more from it. But instead of getting better seems it’s getting worse. Customer service is okay but all in all not helpful.
Warning... Playster might not be logitmit. Don’t pay them.
I was shut out of service as soon as iTunes automatically built me. Playster said it was an account messup and instead of resolving it told me to ask Apple for a refund. Apple took me in circles and essentially directed me back to Playster. Now my only choice is to dispute the charge with my credit company.
I have been Playster’s paying customer for less than 3 months. Had several app bugs and Playster support repeatedly told me to be patient. At one time one support person said the bug was caused by them raising price by 30 percent, and a couple hours later another support said they never raised prices.
They launched an audiobook premium plan in December and took out all the good books out of the basic plan. They are just trying to get you to pay more.
Do you realize the box popped up on the app the most often is asking you to upgrade the plan? Anything or everything could trigger the message.
If Apple does not want to be responsible, it should not let the app stay and charge the 30 percent on top while sticking the customers with the mess. It should kick Playster out of App Store.
- Playster Group Ltd
- 163.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Playster Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Audiobooks Select $14.99
- Playster Unlimited $34.99
- Audiobooks Premium $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.