By Playster Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Meet Playster: The world’s first all-in-one entertainment service, offering unlimited streaming of ebooks, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows. Playster brings millions of premium titles together in one easy-to-use app.
From the Big Five publishers (HarperCollins, Hachette Book Group, Macmillan Publishers, Penguin Random House and Simon and Schuster) to Warner Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, The Orchard, Paramount, Starz and more, Playster houses entertainment in all its forms from the world’s biggest publishers, labels and movie studios, as well as from the best indie talent.
You can now enjoy unlimited streaming of timeless classics and New York Times Best Sellers alike from the Netflix of Books -- no credits and no restrictions. What’s more, switching between media types has never been easier because it’s all housed in one app. Listen to an expertly curated playlist, pull up a movie soundtrack, choose the perfect audible story or watch an educational documentary at the click of a button. And with hundreds of new titles added every week, Playster’s diverse digital catalog just keeps growing.
• Stream unlimited books, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows.
• Your first 30 days are FREE!
• Switch seamlessly between media types without ever having to leave the app. That’s right: All it takes is the click of a button.
• Enjoy countless New York Times Best Sellers, like The Girl on the Train, Fifty Shades of Grey, Hamilton, Inferno, It, The Light Between Oceans, The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo and more.
• Choose from a wide range of genres, including: Young Adult, Romance, Mystery, Thriller, Business, Cooking, Health & Fitness, Religion, Kids, Science Fiction.
• Download books, audiobooks and music for offline streaming.
• Discover new favorites with unique mood-based sorting, which offers cross-media recommendations for every mood and occasion.
• Stream hundreds of expertly curated playlists. Or create your own ultimate playlist, which you can then share with friends on social media via Facebook and Twitter.
• Learn a new language, including French, Spanish, Italian and Chinese, with educational audiobooks.
• Access unabridged Bibles in multiple languages, including English, Spanish and French, in both eBooks and audiobook formats.
• Audiobooks Basic - unlimited access to audiobooks for $19.99 per month. Cancel anytime. (Price shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply)
• All-Media Basic - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $32.99 per month. Cancel anytime. (Price shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply)
• All-Media Premium - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $62.99 per month. Cancel anytime. (Price shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply)
• Audiobook Premium - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $38.99 per month. Cancel anytime. (Price shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply)
• Books Only - unlimited access to books for $12.99 per month. Cancel anytime. (Price shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply)
• Music Only - unlimited access to music for $12.99 per month. Cancel anytime. (Price shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply)
• Movies Only - unlimited access to movies for $5.99 per month. Cancel anytime. (Price shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply)
Enjoy all these perks and more by downloading the Playster app and starting your FREE 30-day trial today!
Connect With Playster:
What's New in Version 3.5.3
- Fixed an issue in which the user had to kill the app to get their membership plan updated.
- Improvements and minor bug fixes.
Bad app design, poorer business model
This app has so many bugs it needs an exterminator. FIrst, they never fixed the bug which requires one to delete the app in order to install the updates otherwise one gets into into an infinite loop. Second, it is not possible to bypass an update which is an issue if you live in a location with limited cell phone service as I do. So, I often can’t access my downloaded books because I need to update a working app to one that will not work. Third, the app does not seem to recognize which devices are linked. I constantly got messages that I had too many devices linked when I was using one of my already linked devices. Playster technical support suggested I unlink all my devices and delink them all. This is a ridiculous request to expect a paying customer to do each and everytime there is an update. I spend more time updating and trying to access the material I have already downloaded. In addition, now with no notice they triple their rates effectively immediately. I signed up for a contract and at least they should have honored the months contract that I already payed for and given customers a chance to upgrade or change at the end of the month. I will be cancelling my contract. I might have paid $15 for a glitchy program but certainly not the new exorbitant rates for a program that does not function.
Please fix the bugs and lose the interruptions!
This is a great concept and on paper I’m happy to pay the premium audiobook costs. The reality, however, is that this app is too much work! When I pause the book, random songs start playing or it simply plays nothing and requires one to manually unlock the screen on the phone to restart the book. That is, IF it hasn’t lost your place and restarts a couple of chapters earlier or at the beginning- again. My local library app works better. And for the love of all that’s holy, stop interrupting play and asking if I want to listen on this device or if I want to find another book - I started the book I WAS listening to ON the device I wanted to use before the interruption. I don’t understand why of all the audiobook apps, only this one actively interrupts your listening to make you respond to a stupid question?! Also, if I’m listening to a book, and paying for audiobook, why doesn’t my book stay open when I re-enter the app? I should not have to go find it in my library to resume listening. If you guys can get rid if these issues this will truly be a stellar app and service!
Too many crashes to count
If I could give this app zero stars I would but in order to rate it you have to least give it one. I downloaded this app to be a companion to my Audible account. The plan was when I ran out of audible credits I would listen on Playster. Well I tried it for one month and I’m going to delete the app and the subscription. The app has crashed horrible so many times I have lost count. It never remembers the place that you left off in your book, even if you use the bookmark option. The audio skips, it jumps from one chapter to another right in the middle of listening. I can go on and on. I have spent more time reloading the app and finding my place on my book and then actually listening. I’m going to stick with Audible and my credits they may be expensive but they’re well worth it so I can listen to a book without multiple crashes.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 22, 2017
- Version: 3.5.3
- Size: 102 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Playster Group Ltd
- © Playster Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Audiobooks Basic$19.49
- All-Media Basic$45.99
- Audiobooks Premium$38.99
- All-Media Premium$61.99
- Movies + TV Shows$5.49