This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The BEST Timer app to manage your children's device usage!
**Featured on Huggies.com and more**
Now you can effectively manage your child's daily device usage!
Playtime Timer allows parents to set a time limit on their child’s iPod, iPhone or iPad. It disrupts the usage of the device when the time limit set by the parent is over, It monitors time used per day, and resets the timer every day.
‣ Set a profile for multiple children.
‣ View how much time the device was used each day.
‣ When the timer runs out, popups appear constantly to effectively stop your child using their device and disrupts their usage.
‣ The timer is reset automatically each day.
‣ A 4 digit passcode protects the timer from being turned off.
‣ Create custom sounds and alert messages
~~~ Support & Feedback ~~~
Please email us your suggestion, bugs, and questions to email@example.com
~~~ Frequently Asked Questions ~~~
See more at www.playtimeapp.com
What's New in Version 3.1
- Now compatible with all iOS versions
- Fixed crashes
- Bug fixes
- New colors and layout
- Performance improvements
Good App for My Kids
I also love that they have to bring the iPod to me to reset each day. It also has a 5 min warning. No more "let me just finish this.‘ I'm giving this such a great review despite the work arounds other reviewers have mentioned. The fact is, this app can't work magic! It can't do things that apple won't allow apps to do. While it bothers me that Apple won't allow REAL parent controls. this app does in fact work for me. It works well on my iPod. iPad and iPhone. I would recommend that the developed add two things. A running talley of hours used and an option to let us add leftover time from the day before if we wanted to. Love this app! It's the "working' app I've found that let's me set an amount of time for the whole day and lets the kids pause so they can save their time for later.
Possibly not what I'm looking for
I have four kids, & prefer to manage the timers on my phone. Problems are:
1. When one alarm goes off, it doesn't tell me which one, so after I turn off the alarm, I have to go into each profile to find which child's time expired.
2. When asked for the password, the password is displayed, instead of ****.
3. It would be really nice if I could recycle a timer instead of having to delete it, enter the passcode, & create a new timer. Or at least give the option of automatically deleting the used alarms, since the password already has to be entered to turn off the alarm. Or maybe the option of deleting multiple alarms at once instead of having to enter the password with each alarm deletion.
4. Finally, today I got the message, "Time already exists for selected date or you tried to add timer in the past." I often have a couple timers running simultaneously, so I don't know why this came up today? But since it won't let me add an alarm, the app is fairly useless to me.
Perhaps it is very useful to parents if it is installed on the children's devices, but for children on the autism spectrum, to have their play suddenly cut off without any warning, is very upsetting. I prefer to hold the time reigns and give them a 1 or 2 minute warning to wrap up.
Perfect for my 10 and 6 year old
The cool thing about it is that the kid controls when the timer is going. but they can't play any of the games on there without the timer going. So, the parent sets the limit, but the kid can learn to ration out that time. rather than playing their whole hour in the morning and having no time left the rest of the day. This app is just what I was looking for. There is definitely room for some improvements, but since the developer is open to suggestions, I'm still going to give this a 5 star.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 10, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Playtime Labs Inc.
- © Playtime Labs Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.