By Plex Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plex organizes all of your video, music, TV, and photo collections, and streams them to all of your screens. With the free Plex Media Server on your home computer and Plex for iOS, you can watch and listen to all of your personal media on your iOS device and share it with friends and family. Enjoy unlimited use of free features of this app, and unlock its full functionality with a Plex Pass subscription -OR- a small one-time in-app purchase (see below).
Here are some ways that Plex makes your media experience awesome:
• Makes your media beautiful with artwork, descriptions, and more
• Automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device
• Makes sharing your media with friends and family simple and easy
• Lets you browse, fling, and control your media on most Plex apps
• Gives you access to a wide range of online channels such as TED Talks, Revision3, and TWiT
• Enables you to queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and then Watch Later on any device
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to all of your screens (such as your computer, smartphone, tablet, streaming devices, game consoles, smart TVs, and more!)
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server to all of your screens
• Remote control of your big screen Plex Apps
LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
UNLOCK FULL FUNCTIONALITY:
You can remove the playback limitations on the app in several ways:
• Use a Plex Pass enabled account to sign into the app -OR-
• Sign up for a monthly Plex Pass subscription in the iOS app -OR-
• Make a small, one-time, in-app purchase of just the iOS app itself
NOTE: If you've already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again!
Other features include*:
• Accessibility: Connect to your Plex Media Server wherever you are, whenever you want
• Plex Home: Use customized, managed accounts, and restrict content those users can access
• Camera Upload: Automatically upload your photos from your device to your Plex Media Server
• Mobile Sync: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing
• Security: Enjoy your media away from home, knowing connection is securely encrypted
• Plex Mix: Kick off a playlist of similar and related tracks from your collection at any time
• Rotten Tomatoes: See how your movie collection ranks with ratings from Rotten Tomatoes
• Related Movies and TV shows: Easily find similar movies based on selections in your library
• Top Movies: View top movies by genre, director, and actor
• Movie Extras and Music Videos: Access trailers, extras, and music videos from your libraries
• Mini Player: Continuous viewing and control over what's playing while browsing the app
• Multi-disc support: Listen to multi-disc music albums the way they were meant to be
*Please note, some features are only available to Plex Pass subscribers.
The app offers (but does not require!) a Monthly Plex Pass In-app Purchase for the equivalent of US$4.99. The purchase will be charged monthly to your iTunes Account after confirmation of your purchase.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
NOTE: PLEX FOR IOS REQUIRES IOS 8.1+; YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.12.5 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
- Video playback would pause when showing Notification Center or Control Center, or when replying to a notification.
- Background art was missing when opening certain item detail screens.
- Under some circumstances, settings wouldn't be saved.
- The friends list now updates correctly.
- Star ratings are now hidden in the audio player if the currently playing track can't be rated.
- Video play queues would always be restored, even after stopping playback.
- The Sync action was enabled in some scenarios where the feature wasn't available.
- The audio player didn't close when stopped from a remote controller.
- Some low-powered servers would fail to fling videos to Chromecast.
I love Plex media server and this App!!
I have hundreds of digital movies, home videos, pictures, and TV shows that I love to view on through plex media server to my plex app!! It gets better all the time!! I bought the life time membership because I use this app for all of our collection and home theater experiences... I use the app on iOS, and it works flawlessly everytime. I love that you can sync your movies to your phone so while you are away, you can watch whatever you sync without using your data. It is easy to sync and only takes a matter of 3 or less minutes to sync a 45 min tv show for my iPhone. You can choose what quality to sync and is wonderful. I haven't figured out how to figure out all the channels yet but I love it!!! Thank you to all the developers... If you are having issues with the volume, or other parts of the app, there may be another issue with your phone and may need to be reset... The app works great for me on multiple devices as well as on the roku. Thanks again
Plex is one of the best Media Apps out there!
Plex is one of the best Media Apps out there!
I've been using Plex for a few years now. I watch all my tv shows and movies on Plex on my iPad, iPhone, laptop and of course on my tv's too! Every so often there might be a glitch here or there, but it alway irons its-self out. I Love how it always knows what's on deck, so you'll never skip a show. But lately something has changed and my deck is not working as it should. Hopefully this issue will be corrected soon. Otherwise I enjoy using Plex as my main media streamer. It's easy to add you video files. The only thing I really dislike is that if you have an issue, you have to spend to much time sifting through other people's problems until you find one similar to your problem. And hope there is a solution. I wish that Plex had somebody to actually help when you have a problem or a question.
Plex Is By Far the Best Home Media Streaming App
Plex is by far the best home media streaming app and service available on the App Store. The way it organizes an sorts your home DVDs and BluRays is simply stunning. Honestly Plex does a better job of displaying digital media than even iTunes, and is my preferred method of sorting my digital videos. It is also really the only way to have your home DVDs right alongside your iTunes purchases, all displayed in a gorgeous digital format. I highly recommend Plex to everyone interested in digitalizing their home video library.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 05, 2016
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 59.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Plex Inc.
- © 2015 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices)$4.99
- Monthly Plex Pass$4.99