By Plex Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Plex is a streaming powerhouse for all your content needs. Organize, access, and stream your media on any device, anytime, and anywhere. Now featuring customized, trusted video news from local and global publishers. There’s never been a better time to cut the cord!
• Plex organizes all of your media collections—movies, shows, music, photos, and videos—and streams them to any device, anytime, anywhere.
• Cut the cord! Go premium with a Plex Pass and use Plex Live TV & DVR so you can watch and record free over-the-air HD TV, like NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX, with any supported digital antenna and tuner.
• Plex is packed with tons of free features, like remote access, sharing, security, and casting, and it makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, ratings, and more.
• Stay up-to-date with Plex News: a free personalized newscast with trusted local, national, and international news sources, like CBS, Euronews, IGN, AJ+, Sky News, and more.
• Enjoy premium features with a Plex Pass subscription: Live TV & DVR, Mobile Sync, Premium Photos, Premium Music, Parental Controls, and so much more.
Want to use Plex on all of your devices, any time, anywhere? Visit https://www.plex.tv/ for more information.
What's New in Version 4.21
- Added home screen discover hub for News. This can be disabled in the News personalization settings.
- Increased recommended quality for home streaming to Maximum.
- Fixed issue causing the server icon to jump unexpectedly on iOS 11.
- Display artist name in music video context menus, when available.
- Fixed an issue adding music videos to existing playlists.
- Don't show a mark as watched option for music videos in playlists.
- Improve tapping areas for location picker and navigation menu buttons.
- Fixed an issue with Camera Upload that could cause a crash.
- Tapping the close button on Picture-in-Picture will now end playback.
- Improvements in audio player UI on iPad.
- Sometimes playback wouldn't resume where you left it.
- Auto hide controls on the photo timeline.
- Try to fit more year labels on the index of the photo timeline.
- Sometimes, the first photo doesn't show as selected when selecing multiple photos.
- Video player would go under the notch on iPhone X.
- Fixed a crash trying to save a photo to the camera roll on iOS 11.
- Fix playback issue of synced content and camera roll videos not working via AirPlay.
I love plex and have been a user since the begin but the update today is terrible. I have an entirely HEVC library. They add HEVC support and my iPad Pro that has an A9X process capable of HEVC is now slower then ever before. It takes at least 2 minutes just to load a list of my movies on the local network. From there some HEVC files only play audio and other play 10 seconds and buffer again. They are all direct play and encoded exactly they same way at the same but rate and audio profiles. Fix promptly please! I’m still waiting for a fix! My iPhone 6s loads fast and works great!
This is so cool! I was copying my stuff to give it to my family, but now I just activate the app on my laptop, and it's '
movie night' every night. It occasionally freezes, but compared to 3 adults hovering on top of my laptop, that's no big deal. Also, sometimes my TV freezes, so it could be a TV problem. I'm going to dedicate my laptop to make it into a family server.
Well made Media Server
This is a great app for your media collection. Well organized and good on the eyes. Only issue I can say is they need more codecs built into the players to support more media types and less resource intensive transcoding.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 22, 2017
- Version: 4.21
- Size: 113 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Plex Inc.
- © 2017 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices)$4.99
- Monthly Plex Pass$4.99
- Yearly Plex Pass$39.99
- Lifetime Plex Pass$149.99