Plex magically organizes your media libraries and streams them to any device – including all your video, music, and photo libraries. With a Plex Pass, supported tuner, and digital antenna, you can also watch and record FREE over-the-air broadcast TV, including major networks. You can also enjoy podcasts Plus Plex News – the most balanced and comprehensive personalized video newsfeed out there. Try Plex FREE!
• Magically organize all your personal media – photos, music, movies, shows, even DVR-ed TV – and stream it to any device in a beautiful, simple interface, and Plex adds rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information
• Enjoy music streaming from TIDAL, including 59 million high-quality tracks and 250,000 music videos; augment your existing library or just listen to TIDAL—right in Plex
• Podcasts are here! Search for your favorites or discover new ones through personalized recommendations. Plus: 30 second skip, variable speed playback, rich discovery, and full Plex-style support for cross-device playback status (including On Deck, so you can pick back up where you left off on any device)
• Get personalized and trusted video news from over 190 global publisher partners (and growing!), including CBS, Financial Times, Euronews, and top local news sources for over 80% of markets in the US
• Cut the cord! Go premium with a Plex Pass and use Plex Live TV & DVR so you can watch and record free over-the-air HD TV, like NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX, with any supported digital antenna and tuner
• Enjoy free features, like remote access, sharing, security, and casting, see your media beautifully enhanced with rich descriptions, artwork, ratings, and more
• Enjoy premium features with a Plex Pass subscription: DVR & Live TV, Camera Upload, Premium Photos, Mobile Sync, Parental Controls, VIP Perks, and much more
Want to use Plex on all of your devices, any time, anywhere? Visit https://www.plex.tv/ for more information.
NOTE: Streaming personal media requires Plex Media Server version 1.3 or higher (available for free at https://plex.tv/downloads) installed and running to stream to other devices. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and video_ts folders not supported.
- Early access to our new enhanced video player (experimental).
- Subtitle Search is accessible from the video player.
- External Subtitles can be deleted.
- Fix preferred server picker layout on small screens.
- Fixed an issue where playback of all content from a filtered view would ignore the filter.
- Recording details screen would wrongly show a white background.
- The app may have incorrectly entered offline mode when a VPN connection was active.
Ratings and Reviews
Update: What happened to Plex??
This is my go-to app for streaming video. Ever since the last major update, it's very difficult to navigate and things aren't where I want them. The beauty of Plex is that it's fully customizable, and this app strays so far from that concept. Please, whomever is listening, let me customize the app or change it back to the way it was.
Update: The original app was very easy to navigate and was "first time user friendly," meaning that I could find things with ease from the moment I opened it. After doing extensive research online and through forums, I learned quite a few things the new version of the app could do and how it is customizable. I'm giving the app five stars because of the beauty and functionality of it all, but if I could give it four and a half stars, I would, because it's not "first time user friendly."
One more thing: on top of the earlier stated issues, one thing I wish they would add would be easier access to playlists from the home screen instead of having to go into each individual library entry to find them. Do this and it'll be a damned near perfect experience.
Update is lacking...again
I usually don't leave feedback regarding updates, but I must in this case...
I'm a big fan of Plex, and mainly use it on Roku and IPad. I am extremely disappointed that the watch later feature was discontinued recently AGAIN which I used everyday! It was helpful to browse tv plugins on the iPad and add episodes to watch later......to then watch later on the roku....since the roku has NEVER had this feature since Plex was born. Please bring back the watch later feature asap, and please add this feature to Roku too! Also, I am happy with the new podcasts feature but would love a listen later feature for that too! I do not like the webisodes feature and don’t care to see it but there is no way to remove it? Still need tweaking with customization options. Plex is fantastic overall, but I'm giving 3 stars this time, because an update should not keep subtracting from the user enjoyment. Common sense says make things more user customizable, so people can choose what they want to keep and get rid of what they don’t want to see....and with as few clicks as possible too! Please fix what is lacking now, but once was there to enjoy.....for the 2nd time!!!
Works and works well
Best solution to cataloging and playing media across many platforms there is. With a premium subscription and PlexCloud, one can watch videos from just about anywhere you can get a decent connection. While the interface does take some time to get used to, it functions well and actually manages watching or listening for you in a very helpful way, including remembering what you have seen or heard, and continuing in the right places when you come back to something in progress.
And the Plex people are quick to address bugs and issues, and listen to suggestions for improvements. Just finished a trip to Italy and Germany, and had access to my media the whole time. In addition, Plex’s database of images, sounds, titles, and cover art make the interface beautiful and helpful.
The lifetime PLEX subscription was the best decision for me. And no, I do not work for the company, and they did not pay me to say this. Just very pleases with how well this software works.
- Plex Inc.
- 204.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Plex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Plex Pass $4.99
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices) $4.99
- Yearly Plex Pass $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.