By Plex Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Plex is a streaming powerhouse for all your content needs. Organize, access, and stream your media on any device, anytime, and anywhere. Now featuring customized, trusted video news from local and global publishers. There’s never been a better time to cut the cord!
• Plex organizes all of your media collections—movies, shows, music, photos, and videos—and streams them to any device, anytime, anywhere.
• Cut the cord! Go premium with a Plex Pass and use Plex Live TV & DVR so you can watch and record free over-the-air HD TV, like NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX, with any supported digital antenna and tuner.
• Plex is packed with tons of free features, like remote access, sharing, security, and casting, and it makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, ratings, and more.
• Stay up-to-date with Plex News: a free personalized newscast with trusted local, national, and international news sources, like CBS, Euronews, IGN, AJ+, Sky News, and more.
• Enjoy premium features with a Plex Pass subscription: Live TV & DVR, Mobile Sync, Premium Photos, Premium Music, Parental Controls, and so much more.
Want to use Plex on all of your devices, any time, anywhere? Visit https://www.plex.tv/ for more information.
What's New in Version 4.22
- It is now possible to change quality on live streams.
- Browse by Channels in News.
- Some proxied players wouldn't show up in the player list.
- Fixed app crash receiving DVR updates from the server.
- Plex Media Server would think an iOS app is playing photos when it's not.
- Location selector tutorial wouldn't show up if connection to the current server failed.
- Video playback errors would jump to the post-play screen.
- Fixed an issue where news playback would be incorrectly limited.
- Fixed crash when trying to sync under some circumstances.
- Marking a show as watched or unwatched wouldn't immediately display locally.
- You shouldn't mark as favorite a Photo from Camera Roll.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when deleting items.
- Video player wouldn't change audio stream reliably for synced content.
Love this app. It has what I need for using my data and getting it anywhere. I don't understand the need to have a Plex pass I don't use this feature as it is not needed. I do think however that the Plex makers or any app or program designers should ever withhold the ability to have parental control. This feature is a security feature to make sure no children ever get what they should have and should be a default item in any app. When this becomes a standard non plex pass feature Ill give 5 stars. Its just the right thing to do. Beyond that all features are great app works like a charm. I took another star for not having the ability to have plex find all my movies. Vob and a few other standard movie types when ripped Plex did not find and i have to now convert 400+ films to a mode plex will use. Silliness. It should at least do what XBMC already does. As Most that use plex also use xbmc for hone use since the XBMC interface is better for home use and streaming plex is best for. Ill return that star when it does other formats also.
An app worth paying for
I have been a Plex user (free) for a few years until today when I finally become a Plex Pass (lifetime) user. I absolutely love this app and have gotten others on the bandwagon too. Once I upgraded my router I have had great streaming in my house and it wasn’t so bad with the severely outdated one too. I run an older i3 4gb ram wireless N computer and I can stream pretty high rate 1080p with little to no issues and if I have some I just dumb down the stream so the computer can handle it all. As of now I can stream and control the quality of the stream when I am away from home. My iPad Pro loves Plex and so do I. Thank you for the consistent updates to make Plex the best entertainment app and (home network/computer) software one could ever need!
Search Menu please read
App is fantastic. One thing though, if I wanna listen to one particular artist I can go their 'artist' tap but there's so much more that's NOT under their tap so I go to search and type in said artist then I just wanna shuffle all the songs that consist of said artist. But it doesn't work like that, I click a song in the search menu, when the song is over, should then go on to the next song in the search menu of said artist not to the next song under that song's album. Annoying. Please update search menu
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 13, 2017
- Version: 4.22
- Size: 113 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Plex Inc.
- © 2017 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices)$4.99
- Monthly Plex Pass$4.99
- Yearly Plex Pass$39.99
- Lifetime Plex Pass$149.99