By William Gustafson
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Plisterine is an application that will help you easily create, edit, and manage launch agents.
What are launch agents, you ask? Launch agents are magical little files with which you can automate the launching/running of applications and scripts when certain conditions you define are met.
Maybe you have a media server and want to ensure iTunes is running all the time, or you rely on Dropbox and can't afford to not have the sync client running all the time. Perhaps you're a computer whiz and are just tired of manually creating the launch agents for all of the other apps and scripts you have which automate everything in your digital life.
Plisterine makes configuring launch agents super easy. With Plisterine you can create launch agents that launch an application/script:
• At a specific time every day
• At a specific time on a specific day of the week
• At load or login
• When a change occurs in a folder (file added/deleted/moved, etc.)
• When a new volume or disk is mounted
You can also create launch agents that run an application/script:
• All the time (and automatically relaunch it if the application crashes)
• On an interval, such as every 10 seconds or every hour
• Relaunch only after a crash (as opposed to properly quitting)
Plisterine also has advanced features such as setting the PriorityIO, EnableGlobbing, and Disabled keys for launch agents. Plisterine saves your launch agents to the correct location so that they run automatically when they're supposed to.
* Plisterine requires OS X 10.7 Lion or higher
* Plisterine doesn’t write bad reviews on the App Store for it’s competition
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Introducing Plisterine 2! Plisterine 2 is a complete overhaul and free upgrade! Improvements and new features are as follows:
- Resolved a bug with creating a new launch agent when the system date format has been modified from the default settings. (Thanks Arie!)
• Complete overhaul of user interface
• Improved help windows
• New smart alerts
• Adjustments to app icon
• Ability to edit launch agents created with Plisterine
• Ability to enable globbing for launch agents
• Ability to set priority level for launch agents
• Ability to disable or enable launch agents
• Plisterine can now save launch agents to ~/Library/LaunchAgents automatically
• Plisterine now selects an application's executable automatically
• New preferences window for changing Plisterine's behavior
• Resolved a poorly designed way of launching Terminal.app
• Fixed an issue with using ampersands and quotes in shell scripts
• Resolved an issue for OS X 10.7 Lion users with unload/loading launch agents
• Several UI issues
• Other minor issues
• Sadly, OS X 10.6 support is not feasible. This feature has been dropped from the list of planned improvements.
Works like a charm
Got what I wanted working in a matter of minutes. Great choice.