Plisterine: Launchd for the rest of us
By William Gustafson
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Plisterine is an application that will help you easily create, edit, and manage launch agents.
Launch agents are magical little files with which you can automate the launching/running of applications and scripts when certain conditions you define are met.
Maybe you have a media server and want to ensure iTunes is running all the time, or you rely on Dropbox and can't afford to not have the sync client running all the time. Perhaps you're a computer whiz and are just tired of manually creating the launch agents for all of the other apps and scripts you have which automate everything in your digital life...
Plisterine makes configuring launch agents super easy. Seriously, there's nothing easier than using Plisterine.
With Plisterine you can create launch agents that launch an application/script:
• At a specific time every day , weekday, or day of the month
• On an interval, such as every 10 seconds, or every hour
• When a change occurs in a folder or to a file
• When a new volume or disk is mounted
• At load or login
• When your application/script crashes (relaunch it)
And now with Plisterine 3, you can combine conditions to create complex launch agents.
Plisterine supports launching applications, AppleScript files, Python, Ruby, and Perl scripts, shell scripts, & Automator Workflows. You can even write your own shell script directly in Plisterine!
Plisterine also has advanced features such as setting the KeepAlive key's SuccessfulExit & AfterInitialDemand sub-keys, and configuring PriorityIO, Nice, EnableGlobbing, Disabled, WorkingDirectory, RootDirectory, QueueDirectories, and StandardIn/Out/ErrorPath keys for launch agents. Plisterine saves your launch agents to the correct location so that they run automatically when they're supposed to.
* Plisterine 3 requires OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or higher
* Plisterine doesn’t write bad reviews on the App Store for it’s competition
What's New in Version 3.0
Plisterine 3.0 is its biggest update ever! Plisterine has been completely re-written from the ground-up in Objective-C (previously written in AppleScript Objective-C). With the new optimized code comes an improved & more intuitive user interface… and of course, new features!
• Support for Nice, WorkingDirectory, RootDirectory, QueueDirectories, StandardIn/Out/ErrorPath keys
• Support for Python, Ruby, and Perl scripts, AppleScript script files, and Automator workflows
• Combine multiple run parameters for launch agent invocation
• Ability to schedule launch agents to run once a month
• Allows for files to be selected for WatchPaths key
… with more new features planned for future releases ;)
Decent Launchd Manager, No Help File
This is a good app if you need to manage launchd and create watch folders. I wish the developer had included a help file. Instead, th developer coped out with "Defining and explaining the uses for these keys is not feasible within this dialog’. Also all plists you add to luanch agents has plisterine in the name, and you can not edit with out dropping to shell, defeating the purpose of having the App.
Like the new features, especially the ability to use Automator workflows now. Nice that the developer did not charge more $$ for this upgrade, as I just bought Plisterine 2.
Great app for people who want to automate stuff on their Mac! Worked perfectly.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 18, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: William Gustafson
- © William C. Gustafson
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor