The PLNAR App measures & creates 3D models of rooms in real-time using the latest in AR technology. Simply outline & optionally take a few photos of your space / room and PLNAR will generate a picture-packed PRO Report, an interactive 3D model, and ready-to-export CAD files. All output is saved to our PLNAR Portal for easy access and sharing.
Coupled with our enterprise software, the PLNAR app can easily be leveraged by the likes of home project planners, interior designers, or insurance adjusters to drive down costs and drive up revenue.
* Insurance Adjustors: Reduce claim cycle time, reduce human error, create more accurate estimates, and desk adjust more claims with fully digitized annotations, summarized measurements and 3d interactive models
* Home Contractors: Save time and money on each project, wow your customer, digitize your entire sales process and close more business
* Homeowners: Great for any DIY project, receive accurate estimates from your contractors and settling home claims faster
* Home Product Companies: Sell more flooring, windows, window treatments, cabinetry by leverage PLNAR for your sales estimation process
- Generate measurements of any room or wall
- Create 2D and 3D room plans
- Include and measure structures such as Islands and Stairs
- Annotate, in AR, characteristics of the room
- Obtain area of a room
- Obtain perimeter measurements of a room
- Obtain wall surface area
- Combine multiple rooms into a single project
- Attach photos to a project
- Generate a Pro Report and share it with friends, designers or contractors
- See an interactive 3D view of your space
- Generate a 3D CAD file of your room
- Save all project information to the cloud
PLNAR is an Austin, TX based AR startup focused on automating the traditional in-home data collection process required for DIY projects, quoting home services, underwriting insurance policies or settling claims.
- iOS 12 app optimization
- Stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great concept but tech isn’t quite there yet
The ability to create floor plans using AR could hugely change how many real estate related professions get work done. If I could rate the app purely in concept it would have 5-stars without trouble. Unfortunately, the technology isn’t quite there yet to make this practical in real life.
As you make your way around the room, points slowly shift so the end product isn’t as accurate as it needs to be, and the larger the room the less accurate the product.
Looking forward to seeing this product develop into a full 5-Star game changer.
Great concept with slightly flawed execution
I really like this simple use case for AR and was excited to give it a spin. I plotted out the points of my home-office and it was initially working really well. But by the time I reached the 3rd wall, previous points had shifted and were no longer in the corners of the room that I had originally placed them. As I spun around to examine my work, all of the points seemed to become more and more off from their original locations.
Still, for a free app, it’s handy to get some general estimates of measurement.
Unique & Innovative
First off, this app is really, really cool. It is a unique and innovative tool that could be used by business owners and craftsmen alike.
However, I have two suggestions:
1.) Add an "enable flash" button so that the camera can be used in the dark
2.) Get the stability and augmentation almost exactly perfect.
- Smart Picture Technologies Inc.
- 97.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SmartPicture Technologies, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.