Plugged In - Movie Reviews
By Focus on the Family
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Plugged In App is a Focus on the Family product designed to shine a light on the world of popular entertainment. Through our reviews, articles, and ratings, we hope to spark intellectual thought, spiritual growth and desire to follow the command of Colossians 2:8: “See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.”
- Watch or read our acclaimed movie, music, TV and game reviews
- Use our Plug ratings to quickly find the best movies for your family
- Watch and listen to Plugged In reviews
- Listen to the Plugged In weekly podcast
- Read video game reviews and descriptions for all the hottest games.
- Read music reviews from the most popular Christian and secular artists
- Share Plugged In reviews with friends using Facebook, Twitter, or Email
- Using the "Favorites" section, maintain a list of your favorite movies, music, or games in order to share with friends or refer back to on your next date night.
- Search our entire media database
- Sign up for the Plugged In eNewsletter
- Share the Plugged In App with friends via email
Our media reviews provide a thorough look at popular media in the following categories:
Spiritual Content, Crude Language, Drug Content, Positive Elements, Negative Elements, Violent Content, Pro-Social Content, etc.
What's New in Version 3.3
- iPad Bug Fixes
- New Logo
Great for our family!
We use this app to get a quick snapshot of the content that will be in some of the movies we want to see with our right year old. It categorizes content into main categories like language/spiritual/sexual content. I think it gives you a great analysis of content so you can feel confident that you are going into a movie you approve of. They also review tv shows and games which we use occasionally as well. Thank you for this app!!
I just deleted it.
I'm a follower of Jesus and try to filter most all my kids' media. Though this app was super helpful when my kids were really little, the app gets far less useful once kids are past elementary age. The reviews aim to protect kids, not equip parents (hence the outgrowing as kids age), unlike The Common Sense Media app, which is just so much more useful, and you don't have to wade through the feeling that you're in a church you don't like.
The app is not as good as the website
The visual red light, green light and yellow light "Content Caution" for kids, teens and adults is not on the app. For me that was the quick filter for whether or not to even consider a movie. Without that on the app I find myself reading the entire article to get a pulse for something that was easily a red light for kids.
with that one addition this would easily be a five star app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 07, 2017
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 18.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Focus on the Family
- © Copyright 2017 Focus on the Family
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.