By Recargo, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join over 120,000 electric vehicle drivers and plug into the #1 downloaded EV charging station locator app.
- Engadget: “PlugShare includes a complete database of public charging stations across the US.”
- CleanTechnica: “Naturally, PlugShare makes trip planning easier and more effective.”
- Green Car Reports: "Most electric-car users find the tips from actual users of the individual sites to be one of the most useful features--and there, PlugShare has the clear edge."
PlugShare provides the most accurate and complete public charging map worldwide with over 50,000 public stations, including those in all major networks in North America (Tesla SuperCharger, ChargePoint, Blink, SemaCharge, GE WattStation, Aerovironment, eVgo) and Europe (RWE, Clever, Endesa, Enel). The largest community of EV drivers in the world, PlugShare users have contributed over 150,000 station reviews and 30,000 photos to make driving electric easier than ever before. PlugShare is also the official EV charger locator for the Nissan No Charge to Charge Program(sm) and the MyFord Mobile app. PlugShare has been featured in the NYT and the WSJ, and the app was spotlighted on Earth Day by the App Store.
Whether you drive a Tesla Model S, Nissan LEAF, Chevy Volt, or some other plug-in car, use PlugShare to...
- Locate public charging stations for your electric vehicle.
- View station ratings, real-time availability, photos, and descriptions.
- Check out reviews and tips from other PlugSharers.
- Pay for charging conveniently through your phone at participating locations.
- Filter for chargers compatible with your electric vehicle.
- Add new charging stations as you discover them.
- Coordinate with others when you need to top off.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
Stability improvements and small tweaks.
Best app yet but greatly inadequate
Plugshare and EZ Charge are the best EV network apps. However, they are still so inadequate in basic functionality and so frustrating in failing to repair the defects for months and years on end as to still deserve only 2 stars.
The publisher has icons for stations under repair, but refuses to change Nissan icons or regular EZ Charge icons to under repair icons based upon their own user's local feedback.
There is a field for station open hours, but it is often used instead for host store open hours. And users are not allowed to filter out closed stations.
There are fields to report and get updates on status of stations, but until L3s have separate listings from L2s, it will be pretty much useless.
There is an address field, but it often contains the mailing address rather than the driveway address, making it useless for navigation.
Also, when hosts have multiple station locations, they should have separate addresses to navigate to.
Bathrooms are one of the most important needs for EV users while charging, yet the app lacks separate fields for store hours and after-hours bathrooms.
The app should let you navigate to the nearest filtered station with only 1 tap while driving.
It should also estimate fuel usage to the station based upon your car settings and elevation change.
In general, EV charging is done 10 x or greater more often than ICE gasoline station fill-ups. So, all delays and risks to charging should be minimized.
One EV app to rule them all... IN BED!!!1!1!!
Normally I ditch the pre-written comments for app reviews, but this one is just so darn accurate (and cute!) that I'll let PlugShare speak for me. Only complement to add is the Apple Watch notifications I get. Can't wait to see more interactions between the watch and all apps!
"I open this app before I open any other EV app. Uploading pictures and adding comments is a great way to notify the owner of any given charging station to any problems (especially if they don't bother to mark a parking spot, which causes ICEs to take up that space.
"Easy to use. Easy to interact with. If I could use just this app to manage my different charging network accounts, I would!"
Best app for resolving EV charging needs
Not only is PlugShare the best app for locating charging locations, but the station ratings function and user check-ins provide app users with the best and most complete information available with regard to charging station location, availability, and performance. The trip planning function is also useful. Furthermore, the latest release quickly responded to user needs and requests for preserving mobile device battery life and privacy concerns. This app will also surely improve with the growth of its user base. Highly recommended!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 19, 2015
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 50.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Recargo, Inc.
- © 2014 Recargo, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.