By Recargo, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join over 120,000 electric vehicle drivers and plug into the #1 downloaded EV charging station locator app.
- Engadget: “PlugShare includes a complete database of public charging stations across the US.”
- CleanTechnica: “Naturally, PlugShare makes trip planning easier and more effective.”
- Green Car Reports: "Most electric-car users find the tips from actual users of the individual sites to be one of the most useful features--and there, PlugShare has the clear edge."
PlugShare provides the most accurate and complete public charging map worldwide with over 50,000 public stations, including those in all major networks in North America (Tesla SuperCharger, ChargePoint, Blink, SemaCharge, GE WattStation, Aerovironment, eVgo) and Europe (RWE, Clever, Endesa, Enel). The largest community of EV drivers in the world, PlugShare users have contributed over 150,000 station reviews and 30,000 photos to make driving electric easier than ever before. PlugShare is also the official EV charger locator for the Nissan No Charge to Charge Program(sm) and the MyFord Mobile app. PlugShare has been featured in the NYT and the WSJ, and the app was spotlighted on Earth Day by the App Store.
Whether you drive a Tesla Model S, Nissan LEAF, Chevy Volt, or some other plug-in car, use PlugShare to...
- Locate public charging stations for your electric vehicle.
- View station ratings, real-time availability, photos, and descriptions.
- Check out reviews and tips from other PlugSharers.
- Pay for charging conveniently through your phone at participating locations.
- Filter for chargers compatible with your electric vehicle.
- Add new charging stations as you discover them.
- Coordinate with others when you need to top off.
What's New in Version 3.9.2
Stability improvements and under-the-hood updates.
THE app for the "refueling" of the next generation of vehicles
Until electric charging is fast and ubiquitous, crowdsourced apps like this will be the M.O. You can not only "check in" to a charge spot, you can add photos and any other tips or information you can, both free-form as well as specifying things like max volts/amps, hours, free or paid, available plug interface types, etc. And as a user you can filter down to any sites based on those parameters. All popular EV charging solutions seem to be covered, although I believe that ChargePoint (for whatever reason) may have asked to have its information withdrawn (they have their own app). I hope ChargePoint lets their own info back on as I don't prefer to use multiple apps for this use. All of their information/maps are also available via their website, which is fantastic.
Endlessly invaluable for navigating the EV landscape
I use this app daily to keep up on charging station statuses across California. I've been able to drive my Leaf to places well outside it's home range because of the confidence I have from knowing where the next charging station is located. The pictures and descriptions are all community-based so the information is up to the minute. I'm a regular contributor to because I feel obligated to give back good info as well.
Being able to delete pictures from the mobile app would be useful.
A wonderful resource
I use this app constantly and find it very useful to allow me to travel in my Leaf and feel comfortable driving around Atlanta. There are so many options and places to charge my car, and I would never know about them if it were not for this app. I highly recommend it to anyone with an electric car!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 20, 2014
- Version: 3.9.2
- Size: 52.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Recargo, Inc.
- © 2014 Recargo, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.