By Recargo, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join over 120,000 electric vehicle drivers and plug into the #1 downloaded EV charging station locator app.
- Engadget: “PlugShare includes a complete database of public charging stations across the US.”
- CleanTechnica: “Naturally, PlugShare makes trip planning easier and more effective.”
- Green Car Reports: "Most electric-car users find the tips from actual users of the individual sites to be one of the most useful features--and there, PlugShare has the clear edge."
PlugShare provides the most accurate and complete public charging map worldwide with over 50,000 public stations, including those in all major networks in North America (Tesla SuperCharger, ChargePoint, Blink, SemaCharge, GE WattStation, Aerovironment, eVgo) and Europe (RWE, Clever, Endesa, Enel). The largest community of EV drivers in the world, PlugShare users have contributed over 150,000 station reviews and 30,000 photos to make driving electric easier than ever before. PlugShare is also the official EV charger locator for the Nissan No Charge to Charge Program(sm) and the MyFord Mobile app. PlugShare has been featured in the NYT and the WSJ, and the app was spotlighted on Earth Day by the App Store.
Whether you drive a Tesla Model S, Nissan LEAF, Chevy Volt, or some other plug-in car, use PlugShare to...
- Locate public charging stations for your electric vehicle.
- View station ratings, real-time availability, photos, and descriptions.
- Check out reviews and tips from other PlugSharers.
- Pay for charging conveniently through your phone at participating locations.
- Filter for chargers compatible with your electric vehicle.
- Add new charging stations as you discover them.
- Coordinate with others when you need to top off.
What's New in Version 4.2.1
Tweaks and enhancements.
Plugshare censorship and poor search engine
I use the app very much. The app was extremely useful on my recent trip from Texas to Colorado and back in my 2013 FFE. The biggest complaint I have with Plugshare is their censorship of user post. Many of my post have been deleted by Plugshare.
I understand the need to moderate posts but I feel that what Plugshare does is more like censorship than moderation. It appears that Plugshare only wants happy posts. If you have any complaints about the charging services Plugshare will delete your posts.
Plugshare is a major communication avenue to service providers and other users. Users should be able to freely express their concerns and frustrations. The Plugshare censorship is only hurting the electrification of America and the world. Plugshare should be more tolerant of users posts.
There are also a lot of problems with the search engines. There is no way to do things like find out where the latest CHAdeMO chargers are without having to weed through all the other charger listings. There should be away to select just what charger type you want to look for in the new activity screen.
Also the provider filters don't work very well on map. For example, when you select only the evGO filter a bunch on non-network charging stations show up.
Brings a sense of Community to driving an ev.
I use this app all the time, because the real time reviews and check ins from other drivers are great.
The app is exactly what it should be, easy to use, easy to read, and quick.
Most accurate charging station app
Use this every time I need to drive more than 30 miles in one direction. Daily check ins are great to know if the station is operating.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 10, 2015
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 54.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Recargo, Inc.
- © 2014 Recargo, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.