Plug into the most accurate and complete charging station map worldwide and download the #1 EV charger locator app.
- Engadget: "a complete database of public charging stations across the US."
- CleanTechnica: "makes trip planning easier and more effective."
- Green Car Reports: "tips from actual users of the individual sites [is] one of the most useful features--and there, PlugShare has the clear edge."
PlugShare has the world’s biggest and most accurate public charging map. You’ll find over 140,000 public stations, including all major networks in North America (Tesla SuperCharger, ChargePoint, Blink, SemaCharge, GE WattStation, AeroVironment, EVgo) and Europe (RWE, Clever, Endesa, Enel).
It’s also the world’s largest EV driver community. PlugShare users have contributed nearly 1,000,000 station reviews and photos to help drivers make the most informed charging decisions possible. It’s also the official EV charger locator for the Nissan No Charge to Charge Program(sm) and the MyFord Mobile app. PlugShare has been featured in the NYT and the WSJ, and the app was spotlighted on Earth Day by the App Store.
PlugShare lets EV drivers...
- Find public charging stations compatible with your EV.
- See station ratings, real-time availability, photos, and descriptions.
- Browse reviews and tips from other drivers.
- Quickly pay for charging through your phone at participating locations.
- Filter for chargers compatible with your electric vehicle.
- Add new charging stations as you discover them.
- Message fellow EV drivers: a great way coordinate sharing a charger (even non-networked stations).
- Plan your next EV road trip route and see all the charging stations along the way.
We have improved the welcome for new users and the entire sign in experience.
Ratings and Reviews
BEST EV CAR APP!
This app is a must for anyone using an electric car for their first time! And with the latest updates the travel planner is very helpful! Don’t forget to log on to their website on a computer, it helps there too if you don’t want to be confined to a phone/iPad.
I wish I knew about this app before I bought my Hyundai Ioniq electric. I realized that I can’t go from SoCal to Las Vegas. Let alone to Salt Lake City its going to take A LOT longer than traveling in a gas powered car. The 124 range on my car just won’t do it for long trips. There are not enough charge stations.
This app gives you all the info you need to adjust from a gas powered car to electric. Enjoy!
You gotta have it, but it could be improved.
Plug Share is basic for electric driving. It's the leader in car charging apps, letting you know at a glance where the nearest charging station is. The future of electric driving depends on an extensive publicly accessible charging infrastructure, and PlugShare is the way to connect to it.
Since I wrote this two years ago, I've noticed a few wrinkles. For example, it's hard to figure out how many miles are between chargers on the map. A mileage indicators would help.
And the trip planning function is difficult to use.
For all that, though, it's the one service that unites all the difference charging providers on one map. I still say you gotta have it.
Great keeps getting better
This is the only app that really matters for all EV drivers and I’m amazed it hasn’t been acquired by a bigger company yet. Without this app, our 2000 mile road trip would not have been possible and I use it whenever I’m going anywhere I’m going to need a charge away from home. I was very excited when they added Trip Planner to their web platform. And now that they’ve added Pay with PlugShare, it’s edging closer to the “can’t live without” status. My first time reviewing an app, because I want more people to use it. Especially the check in feature. Fingers crossed for Apple Car Play integration.
- Recargo, Inc.
- 100.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Recargo, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.