Pluto is the first money app of its kind for college students, trusted & loved by thousands across 300+ campuses.
Manage your spending & saving in a fun, simple & automatic way. No more tedious budgets, stressful numbers & ugly graphs—ever again!
"I love that it's catered to students and allows me to compare my spending habits with my peers automatically.. and the challenges make it fun!" - Allison B.
Perfect for you if you're stressed or clueless about your finances, want to improve your money habits, or save up for goals.
Securely add your accounts (debit, credit cards, PayPal, etc.) so Pluto can help you! We support 10k+ financial institutions across the U.S.
HOW WE HELP YOU
Save for Goals, by doing Simple Challenges:
• Do fun challenges tailored to your finances & save up some bucks.
• EX: Take the "Spend Less on Uber" challenge this week, spend under your benchmark, save the difference towards your SE Asia trip!
Compare Finances to Similar Peers, Anonymously:
• Compare your spending to similar peers, grouped by criteria like your age, income, relationship status and college campus.
• The more peers on Pluto, the more accurate it gets - so invite your friends to Pluto!
Understand Your Money with Simple Insights:
• Finally, insights that don't overwhelm you.
• See snapshot summaries, then dive into details only if you want!
Automatic Tracking & Categorization:
• Tracks your financial accounts and activities for you in one place.
• Categorizes all your transactions for you!
• Keeps you on track with our challenge "Spendometers".
• Bank-level security (learn more below).
Search Transactions, Easily:
• Type to search by bank accounts, merchant name and category!
• Want to see all transactions + total spend for Lyft? Start typing "Lyft" into the search box and boom! Or maybe for Fast Food? Start typing Fast Food into the search box and boom!
Get Powerful Alerts:
• Notifies you about new transactions, including when you get paid & pay off your credit card bills.
• Encourages and informs you of your challenge and goal progress.
• Tells you how many more times you can spend to stay green!
And best of all, Pluto is absolutely 100% free!
• SMS verification to prevent fraudulent accounts.
• PIN & Touch ID to protect device-specific account access.
• Bank-grade security & encryption to keep your personal data safe.
• Your bank log-in credentials cannot be stored by us.
• Your money cannot be moved via Pluto.
• Our partner Plaid also partners with Venmo, Acorns & AMEX.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
• CNN Money: A recommended app “to keep tabs on expenses”
• PT Money: Named as one of 'The Best Personal Finance Software for Taming Your Budget (2019)'
• Stacking Benjamins (#1 personal finance podcast by Kiplinger): "This whole idea of gamifying your goals is pretty exciting”
• Budgets Are Sexy: "12 New Financial Companies to Watch Out For"
No money can be moved in Pluto yet, so it's just virtual savings. We're working hard to bring you Pluto FDIC-insured accounts and easy in-app transfers. Email us at email@example.com for more info!
Here’s to a financially lit 2019!
• Try our new-look Accounts page! See your cash+debt breakdown & rename your accounts.
• Changes you make to your profile now automatically save.
• Added a fresh new App Overview for new users!
• Polished more stuff under our hood to start 2019 strong.
Did you know you can chat with us LIVE in-app? We respond super fast. What additional challenges do you want? How can we improve? Your feedback makes our world go round. <3
Ratings and Reviews
Best finance app I’ve used
I have tried many many expense apps, but Pluto so far has been the best. Not only does it have amazing UI (which was super hard to come across), it also analyzes how I spend money the way I like (with graphics, categories, etc). The two features mentioned have never been both present in another app I tried before. I also like that I can see how I spend compare to my peers and that I can set challenges for me to save. One more thing: I also really like that I can edit transaction amounts. I’ve either entered every transaction manually (which is annoying and I stop after 2 months), or use an app that enters transaction automatically. The problem with the latter is that in college, we take the bill and Venmo each other a lot, thus the total isn’t necessary what I spend myself. I love that my spendings are tracked automatically AND I can edit it to reflect the true value.
Funnest financing app!
I’m in college and trying to figure out how to maintain my income and expenses since I /thought/ I was doing okay, but in reality I want to save for things like studying abroad. This app provides challenges for goals like that, as well as just sorts your spending in such a user friendly way! Before this, I was physically inputting my expenses and income into an excel sheet to keep track of money. However, that won’t be necessary anymore ☺️
Really really happy and already got one of my friends hooked on it too! Did I mention you can personally classify any transactions from your cards into certain categories?? Ex/ I can classify “shopping” expenses as “educational” if that’s why I went shopping. No more default-classifications like other financing apps!
Developer Response ,
Hi there - wow, what an amazing review! Thank you for sharing Pluto with your friends - we love you! Don't hesitate to let us know how we can improve in our in-app chat! -Pluto Team
My favorite budgeting app
I have a spending problem... and I have tried ALOT of budgeting apps, but this one is by far my favorite. I love that you can customize goals and challenges to reach your savings. It also shows you exactly how close you are to reaching your goal and tracks it as you go. It’s also just visually appealing, which for some reason makes me want to use it more! I love that it sends you notifications of how you’re doing (which you can turn off if you’re not the notification type, I am). My favorite part though is that it lets me compare my spending to peers of the same demographic. And boy do I have a spending problem...
Developer Response ,
Hi Madi - you're *our* favorite! Such a fab review. Hopefully we've helped you fix some of your spending problems. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any more feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. And let us know if you want some Pluto stickers. :) -Pluto Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.