Pocket Prep is your award-winning tool in mobile learning and exam preparation. Pocket Prep allows you to study anywhere, anytime, right from your mobile device. We strive to make studying more efficient by redefining how you prepare for the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC®) exam.
* Academics’ Choice “Smart Media” award winner
* EdTech Digest “Cool Tool” award winner
The Science Behind Mobile Learning:
Overloading your brain with too much information at once is a common study mistake. Research has shown that smaller, more frequent study sessions are the key to knowledge retention. In other words, taking short quizzes on the go is a much more effective means of exam preparation than reading page after page in a textbook. Apps offer the benefit of interaction, which means you’re far more likely to remember a concept you engage with rather than one you’ve only read about.
Take your Board studies with you, no matter where life takes you.
PMHNP Content Areas:
I. Foundations for Advanced Practice Nursing
II. Professional Role and Policy
III. Independent Practice Competencies
Get Started for Free:
We provide a limited free version so you can get a feel for the app before deciding to upgrade. The free version offers 74 questions with detailed answer explanations.
- 30 free questions available with download
- 30 free bonus questions available through social media
- 14-day access to the Question of the Day (QOTD)
- Comprehensive test-taking strategy guide
Unlock the Ultimate Mobile Learning Experience:
A one-time in-app purchase grants full lifetime access to our PMHNP app.
- 500 total practice questions and detailed rationales
- Lifetime access to Question of the Day (QOTD)
- Unlock all social media bonus questions
- Unlock Exam Builder to create customized exams
- Priority in-app support
Pocket Prep Features:
- No internet required
- Study Modes: See answers as you go or at the end
- Retake past exams with a single tap
- Study reminders and QOTD notifications
- Automatic test saving and retrieval
- Detailed history and results reporting
- Exam day countdown
- Multi-device ready
Our team of writers and editors are industry leaders who have meticulously crafted PMHNP practice questions and detailed answer explanations with you in mind. Since 2011, Pocket Prep has been the leader in mobile learning and has helped over five million students and professionals achieve more.
Need help? Contact us through the app’s support section at any time for a response within 24 hours.
- Fixed a bug affecting the restore purchase function
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent study guide
This was an essential tool to preparing for my boards. I received daily reminders to study a robust test question bank. Rationales were provided for all questions along with references to expand valid resources to explore. This guide provided more education on policy and law than I received in school or found on other practice tests. Previous test results and missed questions are maintained in a history to allow you to go back and define areas of focus. Use of the application is very intuitive and the customer service is top notch. I confidently give this app 5 stars.
Don’t find this app that helpful for the exam
Some of the materials are outdated. The ethnical and research questions are not similar to the level of questions that was being tested on the exam. The clinical stuffs are relevant but more like memorizing the materials rather than applying the knowledge. Most board exams questions are geared toward applying our knowledge in the question and choose the best answer. There weren’t a lot of memorization questions. Good luck everyone who is going to take the exam too!
Most questions irrelevant for September 2017 ANCC exam
All the questions on my exam were case vignettes, whereas this really user friendly and fun app had a much wider array of material. A great app - if I were to do it again, I would only study the clinical questions. I encountered a lot of questions about who can order restraints and what psychological defenses are at play in a given scenario.
- Pocket Prep, Inc.
- 60.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Pocket Prep, Inc. All rights reserved. This product is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the ANCC.
- In-App Purchases
- PMHNP Premium $33.99
- PMHNP Special $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.