pMix is a sound design, composition and performance tool that allows you to morph between VST plugin presets using an intuitive graphical interface.
Presets are represented by coloured balls that are positioned on a 2D plane. The size of each ball and its proximity to the cursor affects the weight of the associated preset in the interpolation.
Morphing between presets often results in the discovery of interesting hybrid sounds. By constraining sound manipulations within a predesigned "interpolation space" complex transitions can be achieved that would otherwise be hard to manage.
pMix can load four VST2 audio plugins. It comes with a suite of specially designed plugins which cover a range of experimental DSP techniques (noise generators, FM synthesis, formant filtering, frequency shifting etc). These plugins can also be used in other VST host applications.
* Realtime VST2 plugin chainer
* Live processing of audio input, file playback or instrument plugins
* Unique multi-layered interpolation approach
* Rich visual control interface with real-time feedback
* Includes a suite of 9 high-quality audio FX and generators
* Many options for randomisation
* Break-point function and "freehand" automation modes
* Audio file player & recorder built in
* Controllable via OSC and MIDI
* Can be used with other applications via Rewire or Soundflower
Ratings and Reviews
Pmix with Soundflower works great
Pimix is great for putting together my Racks.
I have a rack for Drums and one for my keyboards. I use this for recording via soundflower and for live use.
Pmix works great!
This and mainstage 2 are my tools of choice for makimg music on one or two of my Daws. For Live performance Mainstage, Pmix, and soundflower.
Really interesting app! I like the graphical approaching to tweaking the sound of my plugins...
not coming up... 10.6.8
I'm not sure what's going on but the app launches and then shows no windows, consistently. I do have Max for Live installed so I'm not sure if there's some sort of conflict or somesuch going on. I don't see anything obvious in "console" re: information from com.OliLarkin.pMix.
I rated it low only because I can't use it :P
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.