By Giuseppe Cigala
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
PNG Animator is an application which allows you to generate APNG files (Animated Portable Network Graphics)
APNG is like animated GIFs, but supports 24-bit images and 8-bit transparency (not available for GIFs).
- load your sequence of image files (drag and drop support);
- change the order of the frames;
- set the delay between each frame;
- set the loop's counter (0 = forever);
- change the duration of the selected frames;
- set the default duration (on loading);
- change the background color;
- check the total duration;
- preview your animation;
- compress the resulting png (zlib, 7zip, zopfli);
- save the file (with .png extension) and display it with browsers that support APNG format (Safari, Firefox, Opera, SeaMonkey);
The file must be saved with .png extension (not .apng).
What's New in Version 1.12
added "Total Duration" label
Great app, could use some tweaks
Ok, this app isn’t perfect but it’s very usable and a huge time saver for me. I would love to see a delete all button to wipe out all currently added images and maybe a way to batch process multiple folders would be AMAZING. Heck, I would pay for it again for this functionality!!