Pocket Cancer Care Guide
By National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“I hate to take the doctor’s time to answer my questions.”
“I’m so puzzled I don’t know what to ask.”
“So many medical terms were used so quickly that I just went away confused.”
If you’ve had these reactions after meeting with your doctor, you’re not alone: the emotional aspects that accompany cancer, together with the complex details of treatment, can be overwhelming. You need to know that it’s okay to ask your doctor questions and expect answers in terms you can understand.
That's why NCCS has created the Pocket Cancer Care Guide, an app for you and your family, friends and loved ones to quickly and easily build lists of practical questions used to guide conversations between you and your doctors and nurses.
- Browse hundreds of questions in categories relevant to stages of your cancer diagnosis
- Build lists of questions to use when talking to your doctor or nurse
- Link doctor appointments to your lists and automatically add it to your calendar
- Record and playback your doctor's or nurse’s answers
- Can't find the right question to ask? Create your own custom questions and add them to the app!
- Explore the extensive glossary to learn more about medical terminology your doctor uses
What's New in Version 1.1.0
Optimized for iOS 7 and iPhone 5s.