Pocket Casts is the world's most powerful podcast platform.
Wired: "Pocket Casts Is the Podcast App Every iPhone User Needs"
iMore: "Pocket Casts is the best podcast app for iPhone"
With a unique set of simple yet powerful features and a limitless podcast database, you're sure to find something you love.
WE SWEAT THE DETAILS
Design: Easily listen to, manage and find new podcasts.
Themes: Whether you're a dark or light theme person we've got you covered. We even have you OLED lovers covered with our Extra Dark theme.
Universal: Custom but familiar iPad interface, supporting Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture.
Everywhere: CarPlay, AirPlay, Chromecast and Sonos. Listen to your podcasts in more places than ever before.
Up next: Automatically build a playback queue from your favorite shows. Sign in and have that Up Next queue sync to all your devices.
Trim silence: Cut silences from episodes so you finish them faster, saving hours.
Variable speed: Change the play speed from anywhere between 0.5 to 3x.
Volume boost: Increase the volume of voices, while decreasing background noise.
Stream: Play episodes on the fly.
Chapters: Jump between chapters easily, and enjoy embedded artwork that the author has added (we support MP3 and M4A chapter formats).
Audio & video: Play all of your favorite episodes, toggle video to audio.
Skip playback: Skip episode intros, jump through episodes with custom skip intervals.
Apple Watch: Control playback from our Apple Watch app, adjust the volume or change playback effects, all without ever touching your phone.
Sleep timer: We'll pause your episode so you can rest your weary head.
Airplay & Chromecast: Send episodes straight to your TV or speakers with a single tap.
Sonos: Browse and play your podcast collection directly from the Sonos app.
CarPlay: When you're in the car, so are we.
Sync: Subscriptions, Up Next, listening history, playback and filters are all securely stored in the cloud. You can pick up where you left off on another device and even the web.
Refresh: Let our servers check for new episodes, so you can get on with your day.
Notifications: We'll let you know when new episodes arrive, if you like.
Auto download: Automatically download episodes for offline playback.
Filters: Custom filters will organize your episodes.
Storage: All the tools you need to keep your podcasts tamed.
ALL YOUR FAVORITES
Discover: Subscribe to any podcast in iTunes and more. Browse by charts, networks and categories.
Share: Spread the word with podcast and episode sharing.
OPML: Jump on board without any hassle with OPML import. Export your collection at any time.
There are many more powerful, straight-forward features that make Pocket Casts the perfect podcasting app for you. So what are you waiting for?
Visit pocketcasts.com for more info about the web and other platforms supported by Pocket Casts.
[camera fades from black to a white, featureless room]
[Posh British accent] "Pocket Casts 7 is a truly wonderful re-imaging of what a podcast application should be. Every surface. Every touch point. Every detail has been milled to unbelievably precise tolerances. The chamfered aluminium gives way to...
Sorry we ran out of budget for the rest of this amazing video, so instead let's go over what's new:
- Play without subscribing: Committing to things is so 2015. Browse podcasts and hit play on episodes that look interesting, no strings attached.
- Episode Search: Trying to find your favourite guest on that one amazing episode? Looking for your pet topic but confronted with hundreds of shows to sift through? Episode search to the rescue!
- Up Next Syncing: Have you built the perfect list of shows to play on your phone? Wouldn’t it be nice if they were all there, ready to go, on your PC at work? How about the tablet sitting on your coffee table? Pocket Casts 7 has you covered.
- Listening history: ever wondered what you listened to last Wednesday? What about that amazing show you fell asleep to last night? Pull up your listening history and wonder no more!
- Streamlined user interface: everything from the new bottom tab navigation to buttons being exposed instead of hidden behind menus makes Pocket Casts 7 the easiest to use version ever.
- Refined Light and Dark Themes. Brand new Extra Dark theme for those that love their OLEDS blacker than black.
- Archive episodes you don't want to see, without losing the playing status so you never again have to wonder "Did I actually play this?"
- Streaming playback effects. You asked for it, we worked hard to bring it to you.
- Enhanced Apple Watch support: control the volume of your phone and change playback effects from your wrist.
- Siri Shortcuts. For the more adventurous among you, reach new levels of automation (or just plain fun) by talking to your phone.
- Season and episode numbering support.
- Vastly Improved Discovery. Enjoy more dynamic and regional content that is updated more often to find that new podcast which is just right for you.
- Airplay 2 support
There's a tonne of other small and large improvements in version 7 of Pocket Casts. This is just the beginning of the next phase of our journey though. We have so many exciting things in the works and we can't wait to share them with you in the future. In the meantime though, grab a hot beverage, sit back, relax, and explore the new Pocket Casts. We think...you're going to love it.
Ratings and Reviews
Tune it to your favourite shows.
Lousy update ruined a great app
I’ve been happily using this app every single day for several years, but now I’m so frustrated by the latest update and unexpected (read: unwelcome) interface changes that I felt compelled to write my very first AppStore review. There is no longer a badge count option that includes episodes that are unfinished, only for those that are completely unplayed. The second you begin to listen to an episode, the badge count goes away. There is no longer a visual separation between played and unplayed episodes, now just an endless stream of every episode ever produced by a given show. The “up next” queue no longer includes a count of the number of episodes in the queue. The amount of time remaining to listen to the “up next” queue no longer updates as you listen to episodes in the queue. There is no longer a way to “pull down” to refresh podcast subscriptions and load new episodes. The options for creating filtered searches no longer include an option to include unfinished episodes, yet it appears that filters created before this new update were weirdly “grandfathered” in, and still can include unfinished episodes.
All around, these changes lead me to want to ditch this app in favor of a competitor. It seems the dev team put more thought into trying to write a cute update description than they put into the potential UX for existing users.
Unexpected major change, but growing to like it
I have to admit, I had no clue what was going on when I launched Pocket Casts the other day. I use it multiple times daily and know every screen and gesture, and what to expect when I hit ‘play’ and my queue continues where it left off.
I was a bit annoyed that my queue had been wiped out, and that all of the sudden navigation was completely different. It took all of 5 minutes to figure it out. Once I added a bunch of episodes back to my queue, I realized how much easier queue management is with the new update, and I appreciate the updated cosmetics. And it saved all of my downloaded episodes and playlists.
Overall, I like the update because it flows better with overall iOS 11 navigation, and it is more visually appealing. I didn’t enjoy the sudden change, but I still think it’s the best podcast management app out there. It’s core appeal is still there in spades. And it’s nice to not have to pay for what any other company would branch off as a new ‘edition’ of the app (Reeder, *cough cough*). I’d say give it 10 minutes and you old timers will be all good.
- Podcast Media, LLC
- 48.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Podcast Media LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.