By ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pocket Casts is a premium podcasting app for iPhone and iPad.
Wired: "Pocket Casts Is the Podcast App Every iPhone User Needs"
iMore: "Pocket Casts is the best podcast app for iPhone"
With a unique set of simple, yet powerful features and a limitless podcast database, you're sure to find something for you:
BEST IN SHOW
Design: Your podcasts have never looked so beautiful, colours change to complement podcast artwork
Themes: Choose between dark and light display themes
Universal: Custom but familiar iPad interface, supporting Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture
Up next: Automatically build a playback queue from your favorite shows
Trim silence: Cut silences from episodes so you finish them faster, saving hours
Variable speed: Change the play speed from anywhere between 0.5 to 3x
Volume boost: Increase the volume of voices, while decreasing background noise
Stream: Play episodes on the fly
Chapters: Jump between chapters in the MP3 and AAC formats
Audio & video: Play all of your favorite episodes, toggle video to audio
Skip playback: Skip episode intros, jump through episodes with custom skip intervals
CarPlay: browse your podcasts and filters to find an interesting episode, then control playback. All without ever touching your phone
Apple Watch: Control playback from the Now Playing Glance
Sleep timer: We'll pause your episode so you can rest your weary head
Airplay & Chromecast: Send episodes straight to your TV with a single tap
Sync: Subscriptions, playback and filters are all securely stored in the cloud. You can pick up where you left off on another device and even the web
Refresh: Let our servers check for new episodes, so you can get on with your day
Notifications: We'll let you know when new episodes arrive, if you like
Auto download: Automatically download episodes for offline playback
Filters: Custom filters will organize your episodes
Storage: All the tools you need to keep your podcasts tamed
ALL YOUR FAVORITES
Discover: Subscribe to any podcast in iTunes and more. Browse by charts, networks and categories
Share: Spread the word with podcast and episode sharing
OPML: Jump on board without any hassle with OPML import. Export your collection at any time
There are many more powerful, straight-forward features that make Pocket Casts the perfect podcasting app for you. So what are you waiting for?
Visit pocketcasts.com for more info about the web and other platforms supported by Pocket Casts.
What's New in Version 6.4.1
Twenty seventeen. Sounds so odd to say. I guess twenty sixteen was no better though. Anyway we're here for the change log, not my internal monologue:
- You can now unsubscribe from podcasts you're currently playing without the app crashing. I mean I get it, you're so offended by what someone said that you NEED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY but this one took me by surprise. You people are weird.
- Implemented Siri based actions like "rewind 3 minutes" or "skip ahead 2 minutes". Useful for people with those new fan-dangled wireless headphone thingies (you know, the ones that make you look like you shoved two toothbrushes into your ears).
- Fixed an issue where playing from Control Centre would sometimes play then pause immediately.
- Fixed issues with images in show notes being the wrong aspect ratio (look at me and muh big words! ASSSSPEEEECTTTT RAAAAAATIIIIOOOO)
- Fixed voice over text on the podcast grid
- Fixed issues around downloading episodes and starring them/marking them unplayed
- Fixed grid resorting being slow, when you let go. Look it rhymes but let's not pretend that's a crimes. Yes, I added an 's', sorry Jess, it's a mess.
- Fixed options button on the iPad going walkabouts sometimes on the podcast page.
Great App. 2 little requests.
Love this app. Use it constantly. Two things I'd like to see:
1) You can't search for and listen to an individual podcast episode. You have to subscribe to the podcast and then dig through to find the episode you want. Sometimes a friend will rec an episode of a podcast and I only want to find/hear that one ep. I don't want to subscribe. The Apple app allows this and is the only reason I still use it occasionally.
2) When I'm listening to an episode and then decide I want to listen to a different podcast, when I start the new one, it clears out my queue. I'd rather the new one just start playing and push the other items later in the queue. It's really annoying to have to go back and construct my queue just because I wanted to hear the NPR news update.
Make a widget (idea below)
Well, the Podasts app is getting a widget... I think you should make one that's exactly the same, rounded corners and all, but with one difference: I'd like to be able to customize which podcasts appear there. So, by default, it would follow whatever rule the Podcasts app's widget will. But, for example, I could manually select some podcasts to appear, or it could choose most played, etc... It could also have the first one be whatever is currently playing with a play button on it for emphasis... It could also be customizable to show whatever's currently playing plus your Up Next. Please make one that at LEAST mirrors what Apple is going to release with 10.3.
My favorite podcast app
This app gets the queue done right, which keeps me listening instead of organizing. Other apps do offer similar functionality, but I haven't found another one that does it so intuitively.
One thing I still like about the default app is that I can read other people's opinions regarding a podcast series. This helps me when I can't decide whether I want to try a new one - this is especially helpful when the episodes are long and the initial time investment feels large.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 16, 2017
- Version: 6.4.1
- Size: 44.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
- © ShiftyJelly Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.