Pocket Casts is the world's most powerful podcast platform.
Wired: "Pocket Casts Is the Podcast App Every iPhone User Needs"
iMore: "Pocket Casts is the best podcast app for iPhone"
With a unique set of simple yet powerful features and a limitless podcast database, you're sure to find something you love.
WE SWEAT THE DETAILS
Design: Easily listen to, manage and find new podcasts.
Themes: Whether you're a dark or light theme person we've got you covered. We even have you OLED lovers covered with our Extra Dark theme.
Universal: Custom but familiar iPad interface, supporting Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture.
Everywhere: CarPlay, AirPlay, Chromecast and Sonos. Listen to your podcasts in more places than ever before.
Up next: Automatically build a playback queue from your favorite shows. Sign in and have that Up Next queue sync to all your devices.
Trim silence: Cut silences from episodes so you finish them faster, saving hours.
Variable speed: Change the play speed from anywhere between 0.5 to 3x.
Volume boost: Increase the volume of voices, while decreasing background noise.
Stream: Play episodes on the fly.
Chapters: Jump between chapters easily, and enjoy embedded artwork that the author has added (we support MP3 and M4A chapter formats).
Audio & video: Play all of your favorite episodes, toggle video to audio.
Skip playback: Skip episode intros, jump through episodes with custom skip intervals.
Apple Watch: Control playback from our Apple Watch app, adjust the volume or change playback effects, all without ever touching your phone.
Sleep timer: We'll pause your episode so you can rest your weary head.
Airplay & Chromecast: Send episodes straight to your TV or speakers with a single tap.
Sonos: Browse and play your podcast collection directly from the Sonos app.
CarPlay: When you're in the car, so are we.
Sync: Subscriptions, Up Next, listening history, playback and filters are all securely stored in the cloud. You can pick up where you left off on another device and even the web.
Refresh: Let our servers check for new episodes, so you can get on with your day.
Notifications: We'll let you know when new episodes arrive, if you like.
Auto download: Automatically download episodes for offline playback.
Filters: Custom filters will organize your episodes.
Storage: All the tools you need to keep your podcasts tamed.
ALL YOUR FAVORITES
Discover: Subscribe to any podcast in iTunes and more. Browse by charts, networks and categories.
Share: Spread the word with podcast and episode sharing.
OPML: Jump on board without any hassle with OPML import. Export your collection at any time.
There are many more powerful, straight-forward features that make Pocket Casts the perfect podcasting app for you. So what are you waiting for?
Visit pocketcasts.com for more info about the web and other platforms supported by Pocket Casts.
With the holiday season fast approaching, Pocket Santa always delivers the good. He Casts them at you with a sprinkling of terrible puns:
Santa's highlight reel:
- Added per podcast auto-archive settings to help people manage shows that release a lot of episodes
- Added progress indicator to Apple Watch Now Playing page, tap the title to toggle it on
- Added support for the new watchOS 5 complication styles
- Added long press play all and archive all options to the Downloads page
- Added unsubscribe button to the podcast settings page (you can also tap the subscribed tick on the podcast page to do the same)
- Added a long press option to the skip forward button in the player, for those that quickly want to move to the next episode
- Added a refresh button to the profile page, as well as displaying when your last refresh was
- Tap artwork on the player page to quickly view episode info
- Added release date and season info to items in your Up Next list on the player page
Santa's Elf Related Fixes (SERF for short):
- various crash fixes and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't sort Up Next items above/below the height of your screen
- Improved performance of the Up Next list in the player when you have hundreds of items
- Updated the Profile tab so that the header scrolls with the rest of the table
- Various iPad fixes. It's not water proof though, so still don't use it for SERFing (sorry)
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Inactive sync option not to work properly
- The list version of the podcast grid now works with accessibility
- Changed "Now Playing" to "Playing" in the Apple Watch app so it doesn't take 3 seconds for the time to appear on smaller watches
- Fixed a Chromecast issue that could cause your progress to get reset to 0 when you stop casting
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to not get new episodes of some shows
- There's many more fixes and improvements that are just too long to list in these update notes. Rest assured though that Santa treats his elves with respect, especially now the little blighters have unionised. None of them were harmed in the making of this update, but if they were all the correct health and safety regulations were followed!
Ratings and Reviews
Tune it to your favourite shows.
New user hoping for swipe to mark-as-played button
Long time podcast listener, first time Pocket Casts User. I just moved on from Castbox which I loved but started to have too many playback issues. Overall love the look and ease of use of this app, the filter feature is especially cool for those of us that subscribe to a lot of different pods. The queuing has worked great for me, and I love the customization (theme colors, app icon color) options that not a lot of other apps have.
Because I just switched from another podcast listening app I’m working on marking episodes that I’ve listened to as “played” so I can tell which I still need to listen to. Although there is a mass “archive” option which automatically hides the episodes from the list (a setting which I have turned off since I still want to see archived episodes), it does not gray them out. The only way to gray out these episodes is to tap on the episode, mark as played, then tap back out. I noticed that when looking at an episode list you can swipe left to archive a single episode, but not mark as played.
My hope in writing this review is to tell other people looking for a new podcast listening app that this app is great and worth the money, and my one hope is that they make it easier to mark episodes as played.
Unexpected major change, but growing to like it
I have to admit, I had no clue what was going on when I launched Pocket Casts the other day. I use it multiple times daily and know every screen and gesture, and what to expect when I hit ‘play’ and my queue continues where it left off.
I was a bit annoyed that my queue had been wiped out, and that all of the sudden navigation was completely different. It took all of 5 minutes to figure it out. Once I added a bunch of episodes back to my queue, I realized how much easier queue management is with the new update, and I appreciate the updated cosmetics. And it saved all of my downloaded episodes and playlists.
Overall, I like the update because it flows better with overall iOS 11 navigation, and it is more visually appealing. I didn’t enjoy the sudden change, but I still think it’s the best podcast management app out there. It’s core appeal is still there in spades. And it’s nice to not have to pay for what any other company would branch off as a new ‘edition’ of the app (Reeder, *cough cough*). I’d say give it 10 minutes and you old timers will be all good.
Tune it to your favourite shows.
- Podcast Media, LLC
- 48.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Podcast Media LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.