Pocket Casts is the world's most powerful podcast platform.
Wired: "Pocket Casts Is the Podcast App Every iPhone User Needs"
iMore: "Pocket Casts is the best podcast app for iPhone"
With a unique set of simple yet powerful features and a limitless podcast database, you're sure to find something you love.
WE SWEAT THE DETAILS
Design: Easily listen to, manage and find new podcasts.
Themes: Whether you're a dark or light theme person we've got you covered. We even have you OLED lovers covered with our Extra Dark theme.
Universal: Custom but familiar iPad interface, supporting Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture.
Everywhere: CarPlay, AirPlay, Chromecast and Sonos. Listen to your podcasts in more places than ever before.
Up next: Automatically build a playback queue from your favorite shows. Sign in and have that Up Next queue sync to all your devices.
Trim silence: Cut silences from episodes so you finish them faster, saving hours.
Variable speed: Change the play speed from anywhere between 0.5 to 3x.
Volume boost: Increase the volume of voices, while decreasing background noise.
Stream: Play episodes on the fly.
Chapters: Jump between chapters easily, and enjoy embedded artwork that the author has added (we support MP3 and M4A chapter formats).
Audio & video: Play all of your favorite episodes, toggle video to audio.
Skip playback: Skip episode intros, jump through episodes with custom skip intervals.
Apple Watch: Control playback from our Apple Watch app, adjust the volume or change playback effects, all without ever touching your phone.
Sleep timer: We'll pause your episode so you can rest your weary head.
Airplay & Chromecast: Send episodes straight to your TV or speakers with a single tap.
Sonos: Browse and play your podcast collection directly from the Sonos app.
CarPlay: When you're in the car, so are we.
Sync: Subscriptions, Up Next, listening history, playback and filters are all securely stored in the cloud. You can pick up where you left off on another device and even the web.
Refresh: Let our servers check for new episodes, so you can get on with your day.
Notifications: We'll let you know when new episodes arrive, if you like.
Auto download: Automatically download episodes for offline playback.
Filters: Custom filters will organize your episodes.
Storage: All the tools you need to keep your podcasts tamed.
ALL YOUR FAVORITES
Discover: Subscribe to any podcast in iTunes and more. Browse by charts, networks and categories.
Share: Spread the word with podcast and episode sharing.
OPML: Jump on board without any hassle with OPML import. Export your collection at any time.
There are many more powerful, straight-forward features that make Pocket Casts the perfect podcasting app for you. So what are you waiting for?
Visit pocketcasts.com for more info about the web and other platforms supported by Pocket Casts.
[camera fades from black to a white, featureless room]
[Posh British accent] "Pocket Casts 7 is a truly wonderful re-imaging of what a podcast application should be. Every surface. Every touch point. Every detail has been milled to unbelievably precise tolerances. The chamfered aluminium gives way to...
Sorry we ran out of budget for the rest of this amazing video, so instead let's go over what's new:
- Play without subscribing: Committing to things is so 2015. Browse podcasts and hit play on episodes that look interesting, no strings attached.
- Episode Search: Trying to find your favourite guest on that one amazing episode? Looking for your pet topic but confronted with hundreds of shows to sift through? Episode search to the rescue!
- Up Next Syncing: Have you built the perfect list of shows to play on your phone? Wouldn’t it be nice if they were all there, ready to go, on your PC at work? How about the tablet sitting on your coffee table? Pocket Casts 7 has you covered.
- Listening history: ever wondered what you listened to last Wednesday? What about that amazing show you fell asleep to last night? Pull up your listening history and wonder no more!
- Streamlined user interface: everything from the new bottom tab navigation to buttons being exposed instead of hidden behind menus makes Pocket Casts 7 the easiest to use version ever.
- Refined Light and Dark Themes. Brand new Extra Dark theme for those that love their OLEDS blacker than black.
- Archive episodes you don't want to see, without losing the playing status so you never again have to wonder "Did I actually play this?"
- Streaming playback effects. You asked for it, we worked hard to bring it to you.
- Enhanced Apple Watch support: control the volume of your phone and change playback effects from your wrist.
- Siri Shortcuts. For the more adventurous among you, reach new levels of automation (or just plain fun) by talking to your phone.
- Season and episode numbering support.
- Vastly Improved Discovery. Enjoy more dynamic and regional content that is updated more often to find that new podcast which is just right for you.
- Airplay 2 support
There's a tonne of other small and large improvements in version 7 of Pocket Casts. This is just the beginning of the next phase of our journey though. We have so many exciting things in the works and we can't wait to share them with you in the future. In the meantime though, grab a hot beverage, sit back, relax, and explore the new Pocket Casts. We think...you're going to love it.
Ratings and Reviews
Tune it to your favourite shows.
Simply the best
For those of you still using the stock Apple podcast app, let me tell you the three big things that will keep my locked in with pocket casts. I’ve listened to 16 DAYS of podcasts since I picked up my iPhone 7 back in 2016 so I think I can give a fair review here.
1. Silence removal, intro skipping and precise speed controls. When you listen to a large quantity of podcasts these features save you a lot of time. While Apple podcast allows speed control, it goes 1x all the way to 1.5 which are find too fast. I keep my pocket cast at 1.3
2. It works with my in car forward and back buttons to skip forward and back. This is probably the single biggest thing preventing me from ever using the stock app. With Pocket cast My 2013 VW skips forward by 45 seconds when I hit the “skip forward” in car button. Apple podcast app does not do anything when I hit the in car button. The ability to skip ads when driving is absolutely a must have because it’s probably where I listen the most.
3. Faster refresh rate - I find pocketcast pulls the latest streams faster than the stock app.
If you are even a moderately frequent podcast listener this is the most obvious purchase I can think of. I think by pure run time this is probably the most frequently used app on my phone, it’s basically always running. 10/10 great Dev, great app.
Simply the best
The dev, Shifty Jelly, have been at it in the podcasting business a lot time. And their full-featured Pocket Casts app is what they have to show for it. It will not disappoint. I consider it simply the best podcast app out there.
If you listen to podcast while on a desktop computer, I’d also recommend you try their web app. Pocket Casts sync with it creating a fully integrated seamless user experience.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. So good. :-)
My old review (mostly still relevant, ‘cept the cons have been addressed to my satisfaction!)
I see the negative reviews as those that find change hard to deal with. Yes, the new Pocket Casts takes some getting use to. But, give it some time and the user experience is worth it!
Outstanding job, Shifty Jelly!
ORIGINAL REVIEW (pre-v3):
As a former Podcaster user, I am very impressed with my overall experience in using Pocket Casts.
+ aesthetically pleasing UI
+ faster, more reliable push (than Podcaster) based on my experience
+ flexible playback controls (big rewind/FF buttons, 1x/1.2x/1.5x/2x playback speeds)
+ chapter support (image changes with each chapter if podcast author provides for it, of course)
+ Dev is very responsive to user issues/feedback
- Podcast Cleanup Management needs to have an auto customizable option
- I'm not crazy about the new v2 icon (liked the older one better)
- Podcast Media, LLC
- 48.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Podcast Media LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.