Pocket Earth PRO Offline Maps & Travel Guides
By GeoMagik LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Detailed worldwide maps and travel guides • Works completely offline even with GPS • Great when abroad, NO data roaming charges • Online routing and much more!
« Reviews »
“I love this technology” – Natali Morris, Tech Reporter, NBC’s Today Show
Editor's Pick Best Offline Map App – thedigitaltrekker.com
“The best travel app in the world… Don’t leave home without it!” – bonvoyageurs.com
“Very impressive app with unmatched features.” – toptenreviews.com
« Maps »
• Beautiful Retina quality maps at a fraction of the size! The fastest and most beautiful offline maps on the App Store!
• Detailed and interactive worldwide maps! More than 100,000 places & completely free!
• Access your maps online and offline! Saves on data roaming costs!
• Personalize the maps to show the info you want!
• Online Routing with voice guided turn by turn directions. Save your multi-stop itineraries for offline navigation!
• Online street address search and contacts integration!
• Did we mention everything is offline? Works anywhere- cities, small towns, even in the middle of nowhere. Never any roaming charges. We dare you to try it!
« For the Traveler »
• Find out about thousands of interesting places - hotels, restaurants, bars, tourist sites, even get metro and public transit info!
• Our super wide area Nearby search is also super fast!
• Have all the travel info you need with more than 25,000 detailed Wikivoyage Travel Guides and more than 1 million Wikipedia articles in 7 languages!
• Customizable Pins and favorites groups! Add notes and mark and share favorite spots!
• Share maps links and your current location (SMS, Facebook, WhatsApp, Email, etc)!
« For the Adventurer »
• An in-app purchase option offers topographic maps. Get high performance, high accuracy 10m / 50ft contour display world-wide. The ONLY offline app that lets you download large areas, even entire countries! Contours are displayed on our existing maps for all Activities.
• Hiking and Cycling maps! Great for geocaching and getting off the track!
• GPS track recording lets you see what route you took! Great for hikes, cycling and off road! Never get lost again!
• Import/Export support for GPX and CSV files! Share with friends using PE Archives.
• Displays and lets you search for map coordinates (including DD, DDM, DMS, MGRS, UTM/UPS, GeoHash, and what3words)!
• Numerous GPS settings for your preferred configuration including compass and heading arrow or rotation, look ahead mode, accuracy and recording settings.
...and much more - so try it out!
« How's it Work? »
Just select the cities, regions, or even whole countries you want to download, and it will be available for offline use, complete with information on thousands of POIs (Points of Interest), travel guides and Wikipedia articles.
To do this we utilize community driven open data from a number of amazing projects. We use some magik to compress and package it in a format optimized for mobile devices. Pocket Earth then renders its beautiful vector maps on your device using our OpenGL ES based MagikMap technology.
To learn more about Pocket Earth or the community driven open data sources that we use, please visit our website.
Don’t forget this:
1. Using the GPS features of this app can significantly affect battery life. Only leave GPS enabled when you need to use it. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Pocket Earth only uses GPS in the background for route navigation and gps track recording features.
2. This app uses data from the amazing community driven open mapping project called openstreetmap.org! Coverage detail may vary by region, please visit our website to check the map detail for your regions of interest.
3. Does not currently support all asian texts on the map (Chinese, Japanese, etc).
What's New in Version 3.3.1
This update includes:
• Improved support for iPad Pro.
• Support for iPad split screen.
• Improved photos support.
• Improved search.
Fast and easy to save maps for offline use. Interfaces well with other apps so I can feed coordinates to it. Accepts gpx files. One of the core apps I use, particularly when traveling or hiking.
I do not use street routing since my main use is when I am hiking, kayaking, or biking - it would be nice if there was a direct distance option or an option on the main screen to shows the distance to a marked waypoint. Sometimes I want to know how far it is as the crow flies, particularly if there are no marked trails on the map, without looking around for that information.
The contour lines have been a welcome addition and hope that shading will be added to the map.
Great for planning that ultimate road trip
We like this app because you can add your own POI and have them all visible. You can then see what is coming up as you get closer or plan ahead for the next day. Be sure to download the map for the area if you are out of cell or wifi coverage.
OK, but there are some nasty bugs
Satisfactory performance only: the app locks up and shuts down after it fails to update the screen or close after 5-10 sec, all in the middle of downloading. Please correct the problems soon.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 05, 2016
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 51.9 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: GeoMagik LLC
- © 2012 GeoMagik LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Topographic Maps$4.99