• Detailed worldwide maps and travel guides • Works completely offline even with GPS • Great when abroad, NO data roaming charges • Online routing and much more!
« Reviews »
“I love this technology” – Natali Morris, Tech Reporter, NBC’s Today Show
Editor's Pick Best Offline Map App – thedigitaltrekker.com
“The best travel app in the world… Don’t leave home without it!” – bonvoyageurs.com
“Very impressive app with unmatched features.” – toptenreviews.com
« Maps »
• Beautiful Retina quality maps at a fraction of the size! The fastest and most beautiful offline maps on the App Store!
• Detailed and interactive worldwide maps! More than 100,000 places & completely free!
• Access your maps online and offline! Saves on data roaming costs!
• Personalize the maps to show the info you want!
• Online Routing with voice guided turn by turn directions. Save your multi-stop itineraries for offline navigation!
• Online street address search and contacts integration!
• Did we mention everything is offline? Works anywhere- cities, small towns, even in the middle of nowhere. Never any roaming charges. We dare you to try it!
« For the Traveler »
• Find out about thousands of interesting places - hotels, restaurants, bars, tourist sites, even get metro and public transit info!
• Our super wide area Nearby search is also super fast!
• Have all the travel info you need with more than 25,000 detailed Wikivoyage Travel Guides and more than 1 million Wikipedia articles in 7 languages!
• Customizable Pins and favorites groups! Add notes and mark and share favorite spots!
• Share maps links and your current location (SMS, Facebook, WhatsApp, Email, etc)!
« For the Adventurer »
• An in-app purchase option offers topographic maps. Get high performance, high accuracy 10m / 50ft contour display world-wide. The ONLY offline app that lets you download large areas, even entire countries! Contours are displayed on our existing maps for all Activities.
• Hiking and Cycling maps! Great for geocaching and getting off the track!
• GPS track recording lets you see what route you took! Great for hikes, cycling and off road! Never get lost again!
• Import/Export support for GPX and CSV files! Share with friends using PE Archives.
• Displays and lets you search for map coordinates (including DD, DDM, DMS, MGRS, UTM/UPS, GeoHash, and what3words)!
• Numerous GPS settings for your preferred configuration including compass and heading arrow or rotation, look ahead mode, accuracy and recording settings.
...and much more - so try it out!
« How's it Work? »
Just select the cities, regions, or even whole countries you want to download, and it will be available for offline use, complete with information on thousands of POIs (Points of Interest), travel guides and Wikipedia articles.
To do this we utilize community driven open data from a number of amazing projects. We use some magik to compress and package it in a format optimized for mobile devices. Pocket Earth then renders its beautiful vector maps on your device using our OpenGL ES based MagikMap technology.
To learn more about Pocket Earth or the community driven open data sources that we use, please visit our website.
Don’t forget this:
1. Using the GPS features of this app can significantly affect battery life. Only leave GPS enabled when you need to use it. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Pocket Earth only uses GPS in the background for route navigation and gps track recording features.
2. This app uses data from the amazing community driven open mapping project called openstreetmap.org! Coverage detail may vary by region, please visit our website to check the map detail for your regions of interest.
3. Does not currently support all asian texts on the map (Chinese, Japanese, etc).
Bug and stability fixes. New geodesic line routing mode and a GPX waypoint to route import option. Now supports OLC (Open Location Codes) coordinates, also known as plus codes.
Ratings and Reviews
Pocket Earth Pro
Pocket Earth Pro is a great resource for those interested in traveling, adventures of those who just want to access maps for almost every location around the world. Almost any helpful information you can think of can be used for assistance. Whether individual travel guides for numerous locations, Wikipedia articles to provide information on locations, whether large maps of known and unknown areas that can be downloaded and accessed offline Pocket Earth has it. Most importantly the app is easy to navigate and use which can sometimes not be true of an application brimming with information. The side bar can be used to access a category or customize your personal settings. Pocket Earth is an application well worth a download whether the free or Pro version.
Great app for outdoor!
Amazing app! Way to customize the route such as avoid hill in cycling is something never seen in other apps! At any time any location you can see your moving speed and altitude. So many features am so excited about. Real masterpiece if you are all for outdoor activities! Better than any other popular and heavily advertised apps out there! Don’t get blown away by so many options initially. Once you get used to it, it’s hard to find anything else that can compete with this one!
So close, but not good for rural users
I’ve used a number of offline maps apps. This one is so close to being great... but for rural users, not close enough. Minor roads, especially unpaved back roads, don’t appear on the map until you zoom WAY in. They completely disappear when you zoom back out just a little. I get that not everyone wants to see the back roads, but a lot of us do. Even just faint gray lines visible at all zooms would do it, or an option to show minor roads.
It’s frustrating that the roads are in the database, but made to be invisible. Until this is addressed, fellow backcountry navigators will want to look elsewhere.
- GeoMagik LLC
- 50.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 GeoMagik LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Topographic Maps $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.