Pocket Files is the ultimate tool to manage and keep your photos, videos and documents safe and private: File Manager, Photos Vault, Media Player and a Private Web Browser with file downloader all in one incredibly simple app.
Easily import your photos from your iDevice, private web browser or computer, create new folders/sub-folders and notes. Set a passcode for the app or folders and catch the intruder’s picture with their GPS location who attempt to break-in to your app.
◉ File Manager
- Simple and elegant photo, video and file manager and organizer
- Create new folders/subfolders (or albums) and notes
- Import or export files from your computer wirelessly or iTunes sync
- Import photos/videos from iOS Files (iCloud Drive), Dropbox and more
- Import Live Photos as video + photo
- Share extension: import supported files directly from Safari, Photos and other apps
- Search and tag files, sort by dates, name or size
- View photos, videos, animated GIFs, PDF, ZIP, Microsoft Office documents or iWork files
- Shuffle order of photos videos and files
- Recover deleted files using Trash
- Zip and unzip files with passwords
- Capture photo or record videos inside the app
- Quickly preview photos, videos and folders using 3D Touch
- Mark files as favorite to view them quickly from the Favorites option
- Create multiple vaults (e.g. a new vault for decoy or fake PIN vault, guest user etc) and open completely new screen with entirely different files and folders by just entering a separate passcode at launch
- Assign launch passcode/PIN using 4 to 8 digits
- Lock and password-protect any folder and its files by using password, FaceID or TouchID
- Panic Action: quickly switch to any vault or Safari, Music, Mail and Messages app by simply swiping the screen
- Break-in report: catch photo and location of any intruder who tries to break-in to your app
◉ Media Player
- Play all popular audio and video formats:
AVI, DAT, DIVX, FLAC, FLV, F4V, WMV, VOB, WEBM, RM, RAM, VGM, VGZ, MKA, MKV, OGG, OGM, PVA, MTS, M2TS, DVR-MS, MPC, AMR, AU, ASF, DTS and more
- Supports gestures: swipe left and right to move media position, swipe up and down to adjust volume and double-tap to pause/resume
- Speed control, scrub, shuffle, repeat and video gravity controls
- Ability to play audio and videos files in background
- Supports MP3 artwork and metadata
◉ Private Web Browser
- Multiple tab support
- Automatically delete browsing history and data when you close the browser
- Built-in file and photo downloader
◉ Slideshow photos with customized settings (transitions, slide time, loop or shuffle)
◉ Quickly edit photos (crop and rotation)
◉ Easily access and share stored files via iMessage
◉ Dark Theme and more...
Pocket Files v5.1 brings many new features and improvements:
◉ Multiple vaults: you can now add multiple vaults in addition to the primary and decoy vaults
◉ Brand new App Icon and also an option to let you choose over dozen alternate app icons including all classic Pocket Files icons
◉ Smaller thumbs: added a fourth viewing type
◉ Added an option to sort folder and sub-folders globally instead of changing them one by one
◉ Added an option to change the view type (list, grid etc) of a folder and all of its sub-folders globally instead of changing them one by one
◉ The last used camera settings is preserved when taking pictures or recording videos (e.g. flash mode, capture mode)
◉ Added an option to disable auto folder cover
◉ Added an option to disable transition in slideshow
◉ Added an option to change the Notes background color manually to Light or Dark in the App Settings
◉ A new loop control on the media player to loop a single video or all videos or turn it off
◉ Added options to disable delete confirmations
◉ Panic Action can now be switched to any vault
◉ Added keyboard shortcut "F" to toggle favorite in slideshow
◉ Fixed Share and Email options not showing up in the file settings on iPad
◉ And many other improvements and bug fixes
Pocket Files v5.1.1:
◉ Improved performance significantly when scrolling and navigating into folders
◉ Fixed an issue with migration from the old Pocket Files app
◉ Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for me
I desired a specific set of requirements in a “video vault” type of app, and after trying around 10 different apps, this one nailed them all:
1. Plays wide variety of video sizes and formats, plays vids in sequential order (doesn’t stop between vids).
2. Files can be presented in a clean, text format with minimal thumbnails, and can be reasonably sorted.
3. Creating folders and moving files around is easy and straightforward, and syncing files with iTunes seems exceptionally solid (compared with other similar apps I’ve tried).
4. The UI is streamlined and minimal. There’s also a help icon!!
5. Uses my preferred password format... the dot-square, for input.
Everything else in the app, for me, was frosting... but, if your main needs in this type of app match mine, I can highly recommend it. If they don’t, I still recommend checking it out, overall it seems to be good quality.
This is the one....
First it was St@sh. Then it it was no longer supported so I had to migrate to a new app. Then I found Photorange but same thing. Hadn’t been updated in years so I knew I needed to find a new app to put my files in. THIS APP IS THE ONE. I’ve looked and looked and looked. Tried them all. This is the best. It’s better than Keep Safe and it’s crazy prices. Everything about the app is on point and gets better and better.
It only needs airdrop support so you can send files from one your iPhone to another or MAC.
Keep up the great work!
After trying no less than five different apps in the wake of the loss of HiFolder, I have finally found the one that provides me with all the functionality I needed: nested folders, File Sharing import, TouchID security, and a decoy vault. The only thing that could be improved, would be to allow full passwords instead of just PINs, although support for numeric passes up to eight digits does measurably improve security over the usual 4-digit option. Besides that, a perfect app for the secure storage of photos and other files.
- Rambax, LLC
- 120.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013 - 2018 Rambax, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $9.99
- Free Pro Version Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.