Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A simple and intuitive Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority application for the iPhone iPod touch, and iPad!
- Get arrival times based on actual vehicle locations (powered by NextBus)
- Find the stops closest to you
- Find stops near an address or intersection
- Add favorite routes and stops, and view their arrival times concurrently
- *NEW*: View arrival times for your favorite stops immediately in the iOS 8 Today view.
- View map locations of routes, stops, and vehicles
- iPad support! Uses the larger screen to create an even more interactive experience
Arrival times can be accessed using WiFi, 3g, and Edge. Route and stop information is saved on your device so you can view them offline. If MBTA has a major route change, simply press one button and Pocket MBTA will download all of the updates.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Vehicle locations are not supported for every line. This will NOT affect the accuracy of displayed arrival times.
What's New in Version 9.0
- Favorites widget for iOS 8! You will now be able to view arrival times for your favorite stops in the Today pull down view.
- iOS 8 + iPhone 6 support
- Option to view arrival times as time of day (instead of time until arrival)
- Bug fixes
It used to be great...
When I first got it, I could look at one list and see what my route options were for my favored bus stops were. Now I get "no current predictions" for that favored route (though clicking on it usually brings up an accurate arrival time), or a completely inaccurate prediction time (again, a real time arrival can be found by tapping the actual stop/route on the list) or "no predictions available" for a particular stop, with no info at all, even if the next stop does have accurate information. Again, this used to be a really good bus app, but it is not worth the frustration any more.
Great to know where the bus is
Great to know where the bus is so that I can estimate how long it takes for the bus to arrive according to the traffic around my home. The time estimate (either by this app or other apps like NextBus) is not nearly as accurate, going too low at rush hour and too high on holidays.
Has gone down in quality
This was my go-to MBTA bus app in 2014 and 2015. But it hasn't been updated in a long time and I have had so many bad experiences with it that I simply don't trust it anymore. There are much better options out there, including Apple Maps with transit in Greater Boston. Or all the others. This app use to be great. If urge the developer to update or de-list from the App Store - it's not fair to leave this vestige on here any longer.
-An Old Fan
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 10, 2014
- Version: 9.0
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gilad Gurantz
- © 2011 Gilad Gurantz
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.