Pocket MUD Pro
By Brandon Trebitowski
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now available on iPhone AND iPad!
Pocket MUD Pro is the fastest and most feature-rich MUD client on the iPhone! Not only does it beautifully render MUD text with full ANSI color support, it also has all of the features of a full blown desktop MUD client.
Here are just some of the major features included with Pocket MUD Pro.
- Support for all orientations
- Full ANSI color support
- Dedicated prompt
- Zoomable Text View
- Perfect rendering of MUD text (check out the maps)
- Very fast
- Hides Telnet codes from the user (unlike every other MUD client)
- Autoconnect on startup
- List of MUDS
- Favorite List
- Unlimited Command history
- Quickly cycle through command history
- Triggers using the lua scripting language
- Text Command Alias
- Lua scripted aliases
- Timer Support
- Background support. Stay connected for up to 10 minutes after you close the application.
- Support for multiple commands separated by semicolons
- Comes packed with a list of some of the most popular muds
- In-App Documentation of triggers and aliases
- Ability to play sounds when triggers fire
- Ability to gag extraneous text, which is extremely helpful for visually impaired players.
- Customizable buttons to send commands or run lua code
- Dedicated send button preventing the keyboard from dismissing
- Client-Side Text wrapping
- Customizable health/mana/etc bars
Full documentation can be found at http://brandontreb.com/apps/pocket-mud-pro/pocketmud-docs.html
If you have issues with a specific MUD, please email email@example.com and we can work towards a solution.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Fixed Bug Causing Crashes on iPad
There are a lot of great things to say about this app. I personally enjoy about this. There a couple improvements that I wish that they would make to this. First off I wish that when you added stuff to your favorites that it opened to them instead of opening to the mud list all the time. 2ndly I wish that when you where in the app that it would be easier to get to a perviously inserted command instead of hitting that up arrow. Since I use a keyboard with mine, I wish that it could use the arrow keys in order to do that or any other command so I do not have to type c 'cure all the time
other then that it is a perfect app to use for mudding on the go
Good mud, worth the money
Pocket MUD rocks! It comes in handy when you are on the go. It works well with voiceover, the only thing that is annoying with it is when using voiceover, you have to swipe left from the edit box to ser new text on the screen. My suggestion would be to have Voiceover read Incoming text, without losing your place on the screen. Thank you for making it Accessible!
Solid iOS mud client
Does a great the job connecting me to RotJmud on the go. Clean layout and support for the iPhone 5 screen! Decent advance features too for those that want them. Would like to see some formatting options (colors/fonts/scrollback) and it'd be 5 stars. Keep the updates coming!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 27, 2012
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Brandon Trebitowski
- © Brandon Trebitowski
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.