***TOP 10 2008 Entertainment APP of the Year***
Now New Sound, New Graphics, Plus: RECORD, PLAYBACK, METRONOME, DOUBLE ROW KEYBOARD, and choose from TWO PIANOS, a Steinway and Sons Grand or a Yamaha Baby Grand! EVEN MORE FEATURES ARE ON THE WAY!
Now you can carry a piano with you everywhere you go!
Pocket Piano has the rich sound and versatility of a real piano. Notes range from C3 to C5 including sharps and flats giving you two full octaves to play your favorite tunes. Hold keys for longer notes or tap for shorter ones.
-Each note is sampled independently and recorded from real pianos ensuring that every key is in tune, high quality DVD and CD grade audio, and has a realistic piano sound.
-Pocket Piano supports chords and two handed play. You can play up to five keys simultaneously.
-Record your performances and layer them for more complicated pieces.
-You can magnify the keyboard to enlarge keys and allow for easier playing for large fingers or thumbs. Or zoom back out to play in normal mode for a broader range of keys.
-Double Row Keyboard allows you to see up to 30 keys at once. To access double row, press SMALL KEYS/LARGE KEYS button until DOUBLE ROW button appears, then press it.
-Tap to turn on scrolling and simply drag your finger to move the keyboard left or right. Tap again when you are ready to play.
-Customize your Pocket Piano. Choose from 12 different finishes (skins): traditional black, red, cherry wood, argyle, chrome, and sunflowers to name a few.
-A metronome allows you to adjust tempo from 40 to 220 BPM.
-Highest quality 16-Bit sound
-Volume control is in your hands, adjust your piano master volume from 1-10. Lower volumes give you better quality when layering notes. High volume is our loudest piano yet. At high volumes, your piano will easily be heard by everyone in the room.
Anyone can become a pianist with Pocket Piano.
Play your favorite songs or duets with other friends who have an iPhone or iPod touch.
If you like Pocket Piano, try "Pocket Piano Plus" for even more entertainment! Now featuring nine instruments!
You may also enjoy other Better Day Wireless apps like "Farkle Deluxe" an exciting dice game, "Voice FX" and "Voice Transformer" which change your voice with effects like Helium and Deep Bass, or "Christmas List" Santa's little helper to get your holiday shopping organized.
Better Day Wireless. Better Apps. Better Value.
If you have any suggestions on how to make this app better, email us at:
New Piano Sounds Added! Pub Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, and Electronic Music. Improvements made to Piano images and sound.
Ratings and Reviews
Save your dollar. I got this to record ideas but you can't save the recording and it's too easy to lose them. It's gotta good sound but who wants to play piano on a phone? Not me. I just wanted to record little melodies and listen to them later. No dice
Request for improvements
This is an irresistibly fun application. A steal for 99 cents. Please consider the following improvements (I’d gladly pay $10 for the first three):
1. In Grand Piano mode, the middle “D” key “sticks”, or rather, the middle “D” on the piano from which it was sampled, sticks. Please re-sample this key.
2. Reconfigure the scroll feature as follows: Instead of the Scroll/Lock button at the top, how about an “always on” arrow in the upper right corner, and another in the upper left. Each tap moves the keyboard up or down half an octave.
3. Add more keys. Eighty-eight would be nice.
4. In Baby Grand mode, the force with which the keys were struck varies considerably. Please resample the Baby Grand with consistent strokes.
5. Sample more pianos: Add a Fats Waller-esque “honky-tonk” piano. Sample the same grand piano with harder strokes (Rachmaninoff), and again with softer strokes (Chopin).
6. If it were also possible to register the force with which one taps the keys, even just two variations (loud, soft), then this piano might be worth $20 or more.
VERY USEFUL for theory students...
I need a keyboard handy for my classes at Chico State concerning theory homework. I was going to buy a foldout keyboard for $30 - 50 but this made that problem go away as it's only $0.99 which is a great price considering what it does. I'm going to find this very handy doing theory homework in the library when I need to hear a chord that I'm writing down.
This is also very useful for basic tuning and the only complaints I have about this program is the notes seem a little too loud. I can't turn down the volume of this app without having to go to the main menu of the iTouch. I hope they update this soon. Also, a built-in menu of different kinds of chords for reference would make it a godsend! I look forward to a decent update of this program.
- Better Day Wireless, Inc.
- 16.4 MB
- Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008 Better Day Wireless
- In-App Purchases
- Organ $0.99
- Electronic Piano $0.99
- Harpsichord $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.