The return of arcade pool from the creator of Really Bad Chess and Flipflop Solitaire.
Pocket-Run Pool combines 8-ball pool with the thrill of a chasing the perfect highscore.
In Pocket-Run, your goal is to sink all the balls, but where and when you sink them is what matters most!
With each pocketed ball, you're awarded points based on the pocket you sunk. So sink carefully, but watch out, with each miss or scratch you lose a life — run out before you finish the table and it's game over.
Compete against yourself, the world, or the bank in a variety of thrilling game modes!
Can you make the perfect pocket-run?
Arcade pool is back!
------WHAT THE CRITICS ARE SAYING
5/5 - Touch Arcade
"Help me, I can't stop playing!"
5/5 - 148Apps
"Most certainly the best pool game I've played on a phone"
"Like the best arcade games, this creates a “just one more turn” mentality" - The Verge
"a perfect little mobile game" - iMore.com
------WHATS IN THE “BOX”?
- Play Pocket-Run Pool's Standard, High Stakes, and Insta-Tournament modes for free!
- Asynchronously Go for gold against players from around the world in Insta-Tournament mode
- Manage your risk against all manner of game conditions (like the devious Cuewall) in High Stakes mode
- Unlock Break of The Week, alternate backgrounds, and remove Insta-Tournament buy-ins with a single In-App-Purchase of just $3.99
- Track stats for all four modes
- Win alternate pool cues and color schemes in High Stakes mode
------A WORD FROM THE DEVELOPER
I've always loved pool, and when I got my first iPhone years ago, the world of digital pool games opened up to me.
There are certainly a lot of options out there, but finding a simple and enjoyable single-player pool game was harder than I expected. I found one that I enjoyed, but after playing it extensively I found it too easy to beat the computer every time. Suddenly the problem with pool hit me — when you play against a computer in a physics simulation, you're literally playing against a god... By which I mean, either the computer is going easy on you (for a reason), or it's playing a perfect game and taking all your money.
It dawned on me that if I wanted a good single player pool game, I'd have to make a new kind of pool — a variant that doesn't need a computer opponent, that's built around the notion of scoring and improving, of taking risks, and of presenting unique and interesting challenges.
Pocket-Run Pool is the game I came up with, I hope you enjoy it!
- fixed a bug in putt putt high stakes bet
Ratings and Reviews
Love the game but there are far to many adds.
Ads, ads and more ads.
Ads, ads and more ads. Id rather buy it then go through this. Otherwise it’s a 4+.
Excellent mobile game
I have tried many pool games for the phone but they all try to simulate a 3D experience with everything swishing around with the point of view of the stick as if you were in a first person shooter. I avoid those on a small device. This, however is a perfect distillation of basic pool physics into a friendly handheld game. The quick play and optional high stakes and break of the week make it interesting attractive for a few minutes or an hour.
My only request is that for standard play, there be an option to go back a shot or two to do them over so you can see how a different aim or push strength would send the game in a different direction. I’ll confess that I want that so I can practice shots I continue to miss. Great game.
- Zach Gage
- 157.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Zach Gage
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full Version $3.99
- 5 Rebuys $0.99
- 50 Rebuys $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.