Pocket Weather Australia
By ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pocket Weather Australia is a beautiful weather app which sources it's data from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
This is a world class weather app made for Australians, by Australians.
Five years ago Pocket Weather Australia was the first Aussie weather app on iOS, and we continue to update it to make sure it remains the best!
What has it got?
- A stunning iOS 7 inspired user interface that adapts to the conditions being displayed.
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology data.
- Weather information for every suburb in Australia.
- Rain radars all around Australia.
- Tide times.
- Push notifications for temperatures, warnings, forecasts & more.
Pocket Weather Australia is a joy to use, thanks to the time we've spent planning, designing, building & polishing the user interface.
- Simple, intuative ui
- Dynamic weather display indicates conditions at a glance.
- Data is visualised as much as possible.
- Contrast has been increased throughout app for better readability.
Who makes this?
We do. We're called Shifty Jelly and we're from Adelaide. We're a team of four. We love making Pocket Weather Australia for you. :)
What has it got Part II: The details.
Hourly temperature & wind forecasts seven days into the future (Everywhere except the Northern Territory)
Forecast data (where supported)
- Chance of rain
- Amount of rainfall
- Maximum UV
- High & Low Temperatures
- Weekly forecast details
- Sunrise & Sunset times with first and last light
- Current Temperature
- Feels-like Temperature
- Rainfall since 9am
- Wind velocity
- Live UV
- Air Pressure
- Dew Point
- Delta T
Three days of history information.
Downloadable tide tables for offline use.
- Rain Radars (64km, 128km, 256km, 512km radiuses where available)
- Rainfall radars (10min, 1 hour, Since 9am, 24 Hour)
- Wind Doppler
- National Rain
- National Satellite Map
Under the hood
- Background refresh; Pocket Weather updates quietly in the background so you needn't wait for a refresh after opening the app.
- Performance is back on older devices running iOS 7.
- Super fast refresh.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
Todays update features some lessons. Yes, I'm a teacher for a day!
- Taught older iPads how to count properly. 1mm of rain plus 1mm of rain does not equal 88mm of rain. Newer iPads it seems already knew this.
- Taught all iPads that going back to the past to find weather, specifically 1970 isn't really that helpful.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 31, 2014
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 22.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
- © Shifty Jelly Pty Ltd 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.