By Rainfrog, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
• Over 200 beautifully illustrated pose images showing correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Play music from your music library in place of the default music. You can even play music through iTunes Radio or other apps while Pocket Yoga is running.
• Play the practices on your Apple TV through AirPlay.
• HealthKit and Health app support! Track your heart rate and calories burned.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps"
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
Pocket Yoga works great on your Apple Watch. When you are playing a practice on your iPhone you can get extra information directly on your wrist. See the current pose, time remaining, heart rate, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice directly from your Apple Watch.
The “Pose of the Day” Today Extension helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
What's New in Version 5.1.0
• Support for iPad Pro
• Improved Activity ring integration for Apple Watch
• Technical fixes
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Not actually for beginners
The directions are unclear and you must constantly be staring at the phone to figure out what they want you to be doing. The beginning ocean level did not even give me time to figure out the pose before it was moving to the next one in rapid succession. Sometimes it tells you when to inhale and exhale, other times it leaves you for minutes without saying anything not clarifying if I should be returning to normal berating or whether I should be holding my breath.
I got this for the iwatch support and that was rubbish all the watch did was tell me to look at the phone. Such a disappointment. I have tried the app 3-4 times and honestly I get more angry and stressed out each time I use it. Deleting it now, but don't waste your time with this app unless you know the names of all the poses already.
Yoga Beginner - Really Liking It
At first I found the pace to a little quick but after only doing 5 or 6 practices I'm being able to keep up much better. Have tried the first three exercises on beginner with the 30 min time limit. The Apple Watch integration is a really big plus. Love being able to glance at my wrist for the pose and that it tracks my heart rate and works with the activity and health apps. Overall 5 stars. Would love to see improvements and additions to the app.
Best Yoga App I've Found!
I love this app. The category of practice types, skill levels, and practice times is great, as are the in-app tutorials. I would agree with some other reviewers - this isn't for total beginners so I would suggest not using unless you e had some classes and/or know your own limits so you can safely modify or skip poses when needed. I also have the companion app, and I wish I could link the two so that I could track points and calories burned in Yoga Builder too for my custom routines! Overall, though, excellent app and the best of many I've tried.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 09, 2015
- Version: 5.1.0
- Size: 94.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Rainfrog, LLC
- © 2009-2015 Rainfrog, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3 Karma Points$0.99
- 25 Karma Points$4.99
- 100 Karma Points$9.99
- 225 Karma Points$19.99