By Rainfrog, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
• Over 200 beautifully illustrated pose images showing correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Play music from your music library in place of the default music. You can even play music through iTunes Radio or other apps while Pocket Yoga is running.
• Play the practices on your Apple TV through AirPlay.
• Works with the Health app. Track your workouts, heart rate, and calories burned.
• Ask Siri to start your practice directly from your Home or Lock screens.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps"
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
Pocket Yoga works great on your Apple Watch. When you are playing a practice on your iPhone you can get extra information directly on your wrist. See the current pose, time remaining, heart rate, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice directly from your Apple Watch.
The “Pose of the Day” Widget helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
What's New in Version 5.3.2
What's New in Version 5.3.1 - 5.3.2
• Technical fixes.
What's New in Version 5.3.0
• Apple Watch app fully redesigned for watchOS 3
• New feature: start a workout directly from Siri!
• Full support for iOS 10
• Improved “Pose of the Day” Widget
MORE ON APPLE WATCH APP
The new Pocket Yoga app on Apple Watch has a simplified interface and new features. Use the Swipe Left and Swipe Right gestures to skip forward or skip back in your practice, use Tap to change the view mode from Simple to Detail, and Force Touch to Pause or Quit your practice. We have added a new complication so you can launch the app directly from the Watch Face. Improved the Heart Rate tracking so that it is now constantly sent to your iPhone. To see your Heart Rate on your iPhone’s screen just enable the ‘Show Heart Rate’ checkbox.
MORE ON SIRI SUPPORT
Siri now works with Pocket Yoga. You can ask it to begin a practice directly from your Home or Lock screens. Just say “Siri, start a Desert practice with Pocket Yoga” or something similar and you are ready to go. Pocket Yoga will launch and your class will begin.
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Love this app. So useful!!!
I do believe that you need some experience with poses, but I like that it still gives you a list to look over which poses there are in yoga. So maybe a beginner can start off by studying the list. I've taken one yoga class, so I did have some knowledge, but not tons. I feel like the beginner stage is a perfect way to challenge a person interested in yoga. Self motivation will push you through if you want to be a yogi. Love love love all of the ways it engages your entire body. I do wish there was a little bit different varieties of routines. There is a lot of repetitiveness, but other than that, it's great! It would be cool if the app offered some type of gift card rewards for getting to a certain level of karma points, that would make it even more motivational, but I love this app!!!
Good but not great for beginners.
While this app offers beginner settings, it provides limited information to help beginners. It moves very quickly and defines few poses during the workouts. There is a glossary but you'll spend a lot more time trying to figure out the poses than you will doing them.
I've been doing yoga for several years but still don't know all the poses and terms. Don't expect to have no knowledge and be able to jump into the workouts.
This is not my only paid yoga app. I got this one because of the pairing with Apple Watch. When it works, it's nice to be able to glance at your wrist since the speed of the workouts and the poses themselves prevent you from always being able to see your main device's screen. However, it doesn't always show the correct pose on the watch.
Solid, But has some Flaws
I really like this app. As someone said in another post, it's really not for beginners. You need to have some knowledge of poses to really be able to master its use.
A couple of the things that I don't like about it. First, there are very few updates. As of writing this, the last update was four months ago. Second, it doesn't doesn't have an option for a male graphic and voice. (Also the just for laughs, in some of the poses the "woman's" shirt rides up giving her plumber's crack!) Lastly, and the one I feel most important about, some of the directions for poses in the "routines" that are listed are not very descriptive if you're not actually looking at the screen. And what I mean is that if you're doing something on both the right and left sides, it will randomly omit which leg, arm, or side you're supposed to move. If you're focusing on your breathing or the pose itself, it can be distracting to have to look at the screen if you don't know which limb to move first.
That said, tho, I use the Sun Salutations every morning before my daily writing. It's helped me become more flexible and a bit stronger.
Hopefully, there will be an update that addresses some of these issues in the future!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 30, 2016
- Version: 5.3.2
- Size: 132 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Rainfrog, LLC
- © 2009-2017 Rainfrog, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3 Karma Points$0.99
- 25 Karma Points$4.99
- 100 Karma Points$9.99
- 225 Karma Points$19.99