With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
• Over 200 beautifully illustrated pose images showing correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Play music from your music library in place of the default music. You can even play music through iTunes Radio or other apps while Pocket Yoga is running.
• Play the practices on your Apple TV through AirPlay.
• Works with the Health app. Track your workouts, heart rate, and calories burned.
• Ask Siri to start your practice directly from your Home or Lock screens.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps"
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
Pocket Yoga works great on your Apple Watch. When you are playing a practice on your iPhone you can get extra information directly on your wrist. See the current pose, time remaining, heart rate, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice directly from your Apple Watch.
The “Pose of the Day” Widget helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
• Full support for iOS 11
• Improved Apple Watch app
• Improved HeathKit integration
• New feature: Quick Look Extension
• Improved Siri support
• Enhanced support for larger text sizes
• Technical fixes
MORE ON APPLE WATCH APP
• Redesigned navigation: Swipe left to access the playback controls.
• Faster controls: Press the Digital Crown and side button together to Pause/Resume your workout.
• Better HealthKit integration: Heart Rate samples and Pause/Resume workout events are now associated with your workout.
MORE ON QUICK LOOK EXTENSION
This new extension allows you to preview practices directly from the Messages or Files app. If you receive a practice over text you can now simply tap on the bubble and preview it directly within Messages. From that point you can import it into Pocket Yoga. Additionally, a practice can be transferred back and forth between Pocket Yoga and the Files app. The Files app can also preview practices.
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Ratings and Reviews
Great Yoga App!
I downloaded this a few weeks ago to help increase my flexibility and overall physical health. I scoured the App Store looking at the different apps and this one seemed to be the best... and it has not disappointed! I’m not a yoga expert by any means, but this app has been great in challenging my body to bend in ways I had not attempted since high school (15 years ago!). The great part about it is that I can stream the sessions on my TV through my AppleTV from my iPhone and see my progress on my AppleWatch. The “teacher” doesn’t include any chit-chat throughout the lesson like other yoga videos I’ve tried; she just says the moves as you make your way though the routine.
Overall, my flexibility has increased, my stress has gone down, and I have been sleeping better. My husband thinks it is a little whacky, but intrigued nonetheless, so I’m hoping he’ll join me one day - he’s not going to have the same metabolism forever! Yogis of all levels, if you’re debating this app, get it!
Really good even for beginner
I read the reviews before downloading...many said that you really needed some amount of yoga experience to use this app well. I disagree. I have never done any yoga, I don't know any terms or any poses. I did a beginner "class" with this app and it was fine. It does move fairly quickly from one pose to the next in a few places and I could not always keep up, but I am guessing that this would be the case in a "real live" class as well. Once I know the names of the poses, it will be easy enough to get where I need to be. When I was slow responding, fine, let it go, I would just jump back in on the next pose.
I am sure my posture was a bit off, at least some of the time; but as long as you can look at the picture and see where your body should be, you should get it right fairly soon. Everything has a learning curve, whether you have someone teaching you or are learning on your own.
I do have a bit of an advantage; I have been a world medalist in a martial art which requires me to get my body in the right position quickly, and to be able to move from one to another randomly, quickly, and accurately. However, the positions required by yoga poses are nothing I have ever done before.
I like this app and would recommend it to anyone who has any interest in yoga.
Love this app. So useful!!!
I do believe that you need some experience with poses, but I like that it still gives you a list to look over which poses there are in yoga. So maybe a beginner can start off by studying the list. I've taken one yoga class, so I did have some knowledge, but not tons. I feel like the beginner stage is a perfect way to challenge a person interested in yoga. Self motivation will push you through if you want to be a yogi. Love love love all of the ways it engages your entire body. I do wish there was a little bit different varieties of routines. There is a lot of repetitiveness, but other than that, it's great! It would be cool if the app offered some type of gift card rewards for getting to a certain level of karma points, that would make it even more motivational, but I love this app!!!
- Rainfrog, LLC
- 131.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2017 Rainfrog, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 3 Karma Points $0.99
- 25 Karma Points $4.99
- 100 Karma Points $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.