PocketAmp - Guitar Amp and Effects
By POCKETLABWORKS, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PocketAmp with iRiffPort is the best guitar amp effects system for practicing
with your iTunes music, supporting Pitch Shift and Slow Downer for learning!
* High Fidelity Digital Audio I/O
* 4 amps, 4 cabs, and 7 great effects
* Built-in iPod music player with instant access to ALL YOUR iTUNES MUSIC
* Time Stretch and Pitch Shift your iTunes music
* universal full screen support
* true stereo modulation effects
* plug and play with no configuration
* low latency DSP processing, with very short delay
Gear Diary, "Dial in just about any electric guitar sound with precision and with no latency issues. The ability to play along with my music is a feature that keeps me coming back over and over to practice."
Bass Musician Magazine, "PocketAmp REALLY got this one right. PocketAmp gives you access to your ENTIRE iPod library and offers the ability to fast forward, rewind and pause."
ProMusicApps, "Given the wide app support for the iRiffPort Digital Audio Guitar Connection, and the high quality sound it produces, this is a must for guitarists working in the app world."
Blog du mac, "A Marvel to be used without moderation".
INSTRUMENT ADAPTER IS REQUIRED.
iRiffPort on sale now world-wide!
* Clean, Blues, Rock, Metal Amps
* Silverface, Tweed, Classic, and Metal Cabs
* Gain, Volume, Noise Gate
* Treble, Middle, Bass
* Reverb, Echo, Tremolo
* Stereo Chorus, Flanger, and Rotary
* Chromatic Guitar Tuner
* Background Audio mode
* Three quick presets, unlimited named presets
* iTunes music play along with Pitch Shift and Slow Down
System Requirements for best performance:
1) iOS 4.3 or later
2) iPad 1/2/3/4, iPhone 4/4S/5, or iPod touch 4th/5th generation*
3) Guitar Interface (iRiffPort or other)
*Note: For iPad 4, iPhone 5, and iPod touch 5th generation, iRiffPort works with the Apple genuine Lightning to 30-pin Adapter.
What's New in Version 2.0.16
Bug fixes for iOS 6
Highly recommend for guitar player!
I have worked as a professional guitarist on the road and in the studio. I use this app almost on a daily basis. The feature that allows you to import songs and slow them down without pitch or sound quality issues is worth it alone. The customer service is the best I've experienced anywhere. I called and within two rings I was speaking to a live person ready and willing to answer all of my questions. Get this app!
Nice Try But Needs Some Fixes
I am a pro guitar player but new to IPad apps. I downloaded a few guitar practice apps and found the following pros and cons for this one.
Pros: Guitar tone is better than most competitors right out of the box. True that you are not having to buy a bunch of up-sell add ons to make the guitar sound workable.
Cons: There was a lot of noise from the headphone jack that was not present in other apps. The jam track feature was virtually unusable for me. I could not get it to loop a track off an album and play it back consistently. It got confused and kept returning to the beginning of the album. Highly doubt it is user error. I am a Software Developer as well as a pro musician. The loop seemed to work okay when accessing single songs, but album songs screwed it up - meaning I like to search my iTunes in album mode not song mode.
So on the right track, but room for improvement. Fix the bugs and you will have something.
Best of it's kind
I tried all of the other competing apps and this one is the best, here's why
- great sounds and effects included, others make you buy them as extras
- direct access/jamming over your iTunes songs, some of the others make you import/convert them which is slow and takes up memory
- ability to change speed and pitch of the jamming song
This app rocks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 23, 2012
- Version: 2.0.16
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: POCKETLABWORKS, Inc.
- © COPYRIGHT 2011 PocketLabworks™, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.