Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**UPDATE** PocketCam now supports audio! Support for FaceTime, iChat/Messages on macs added!
** YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69c4HHok3U
** IMPORTANT ** Please turn off Bluetooth on the device (Settings->General->Bluetooth) before using PocketCam. Otherwise, you may experience frame drops/freeze.
Why paying for an expensive webcam when you can use your awesome iOS device for video conference? Better yet, your iOS webcam is wireless! Now you can use your iOS device to show around your house/apartment on your favorite webcam applications such as FaceTime, iChat/Messages, Windows Live or Skype.
PocketCam lets you use your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad as a wireless webcam (and microphone!) for your Windows-based computer or Mac (OS X 10.7 or above). PocketCam automatically forwards video captured by your iOS camera, which can then be used as if they come from a virtual webcam.
PocketCam works with any Windows-based webcam or video conferencing applications, including instant message applications such as MSN Live Messenger, Skype, AIM, etc. For Mac users, PocketCam works with any Mac applications that use QuickTime for video capturing, including FaceTime, iChat/Messages, GTalk, Skype and aMSN.
You can even record the live video from your iOS cam using a webcam recorder such as QuickTime Pro.
1. If you have not already done so, download and install the PocketControl for Windows or Mac software from our website: http://www.senstic.com/iPhone/PocketCam/PocketCam.aspx
2. On Windows, run PocketControl for Windows and make sure the PocketCam service is running on your computer. On Mac, run PocketControl, and run any application that uses webcam and select PocketCam as your preferred webcam.
3. Start PocketCam on iOS device, and the app will automatically connect to your computer. The bottom of your iOS screen should display "Connected to your_computer_name:port."
4. Start any program on your computer that uses webcam, and select "PocketCam" as your virtual webcam.
Enjoy live feed from your iOS camera as your webcam source!
Step-by-step instructions can be found at http://www.senstic.com/iphone/pocketcam/Support.aspx
1. Currently, PocketCam supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or above.
2. There is a half second delay before the images are shown up on the computer.
*** If you have problem getting PocketCam to work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will help you fix the problem.
What's New in Version 2.14
* Added connection by scanning QR code.
* Added the option to enable or disable background audio.
Not much functionality
So all this all does is stream video from the iPhone camera, so it can be used as a glorified baby monitor and that is about it. Plus the video it streams is so tiny you can barely see it. I haven't messed with the settings yet to see if it can be made bigger, but it doesn't bode well that the developers don't have a better resolution set as default. Not worth buying.
This is the only webcam app that has worked. None of the others, including EpocCam, have worked with skype and other webcam apps. It also has lots of customizable options such as image adjustments and text overlay. Works on Yosemite for me.
The real deal
This app is the real deal. High frame rate, very good quality, you can use it with any application on the Mac that accesses the webcam. Very satisfied.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 29, 2015
- Version: 2.14
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Senstic
- © 2014 Senstic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.