PocketCAS for Mathematics - Calculus, Linear Algebra, Graphing Calculator and more!
By Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
PocketCAS is a very advanced mathematics application for your Mac. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots!
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Mathematical keyboard: Allows you to quickly select the functions you need.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (http://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (http://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
PocketCAS is also available on iOS. Please visit http://pocketcas.com/ios for more information.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
What's New in Version 3.6.13
Thanks for reading these release notes ;-) You'd do us a huge favor by leaving a positive review on the App Store! If you already posted one for an older version of PocketCAS, please submit it again to make sure that it shows up for the latest version. A good App Store rating is extremely important to us :-)
This version is another minor release. But we have great plans for the next major update! For example, we're thinking of the following new features:
- Changing the default settings for plots
- Importing functions and variables from other PocketCAS documents
- Importing data in e.g. CSV format
But we're also really interested in how we can make PocketCAS better for YOU! If you want to let us know, please fill out our short survey at http://pocketcas.com/feedback. Your feedback helps us a lot!
For now, this version contains:
Improvement: Significantly improved the accuracy of detecting zeroes and extremes in plots. Most extremes should now be properly recognized as e.g. 2.0 instead of 1.9998. This is not yet perfect (for some plots 100% accurate detection might be impossible), but please let us know if you encounter any unexpected results.
Improvement (iPad): Slightly tweaked the routines responsible for sizing popovers.
Bugfix: Fixed a rare issue where tapping keyboard buttons would insert their values twice.
Bugfix: Improved handling of logarithmic plots, especially when zoomed out.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 23, 2015
- Version: 3.6.13
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
- © 2015 Daniel Alm
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor