PocketCAS Mathematics Toolkit
By Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Happy Black Friday! 30% off only until next Monday!
PocketCAS is a very advanced mathematics application for your Mac. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots!
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Mathematical keyboard: Allows you to quickly select the functions you need.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (http://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (http://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
PocketCAS is also available on iOS. Please visit http://pocketcas.com/ios for more information.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
What's New in Version 3.8.3
Thanks for reading these release notes :-) You'd do us a huge favor by leaving a positive review on the App Store! If you already posted one for an older version of PocketCAS, please submit it again to make sure that it shows up for the latest version. A good App Store rating is extremely important to us :-)
New feature: PocketCAS for Mac now supports the MacBook Pro's new touch bar.
Bugfix: Fixed some keyboard problems on iOS 10 when rotating the device.
Great so far
I haven’t used this very long, but I like it. The feature to export function as image is useful. Many functions, can make calculations much faster for large equations. Haven’t had any issues with crashes. I have been working on some complex stuff and the progress bar is nice. I want to tell it when to reduce all constants to approximations, maybe I can, but can’t find it. I also want it to not expand really large equations into an image. Put one in and let it run over night, calculated, but started using about 10 GB of memory. Never got to see result. There comes a point where an exact answer or equation is not resonable. My linear equations are much larger than they need to be. Seems to do well with large numbers. I don’t believe the solver, sometimes. It doesn’t seem to be working for my linear equations. Maybe because the input text is about 4 pages long. It is only 8 linear equations and 8 unknowns and I would be very supprised if it couldn’t reduce even a little. That is nice when it works. Even if the solution is itself another linear equation, it reduces the size. Also the determinant doesn’t seem to work all the time, it said it was undefined, but had well defined real eigen values as well as an inverse. Almost thought my algorithm was wrong, turns out it was the app. Maybe check the precision, the numbers in matrix were small. Still Great, so useful in many ways. I am a programmer myself, writing a CAS is not trivial, this is well made. Saves so much time, and resonably priced. Also another great feature is saving a history of derivations/work as a file, very good. Thank You!!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 14, 2016
- Version: 3.8.3
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
- © 2016 Daniel Alm
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor