PocketCAS for Mathematics
By Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
PocketCAS is a very advanced mathematics application for your Mac. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots!
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Mathematical keyboard: Allows you to quickly select the functions you need.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (http://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (http://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
PocketCAS is also available on iOS. Please visit http://pocketcas.com/ios for more information.
What's New in Version 3.4.4
Thanks for reading these release notes ;-) You'd do me a huge favor by leaving a positive review on the App Store! If you already posted one for an older version of PocketCAS, please submit it again to make sure that it shows up for the latest version. A good App Store rating is extremely important to me :-)
Bugfix: Fixed 3D plots under OS X Mavericks.
Bugfix: Fixed calculation results not appearing under OS X Mavericks.
Bugfix: Fixed an issue with scrollbars covering up results.
Bugfix: Fixed a crash when changing editor fonts.
Tired of the long load times for Maple? Then use PocketCAS for Mac!
I have been using PocketCAS on my iPad 4 for some time now. I am very happy with it. I was very excited to find that PocketCAS is now available for the Mac - and it works!. All of my interactions with the author while using PocketCAS for the iPad has been very exceptional, and now v3.4.4 has removed all the bugs that I have found. Most of what I thought were bugs were simply user error, and the feedback I get from the author is extremely helpful and usually within 24 hours of when I submit a support request. This is an amazing app! The interface for the Mac version is the closest thing to intuitive that I have found in any app, and has come very close to my no longer needing Maple.
PocketCas is a powerful app that is also flexible and intuitive. It has an easy-to-use interface, built-in functions that cover anything you could want in a math application, and excellent print and export options. Another plus is that the developer responds promptly to questions and suggestions with personalized answers.
PocketCas delivers what it promises, and I highly recommend it.
Great replacement for Matlab
I wanted a tool that could do what Matlab did but I didn’t have an extra $1000 lying around. For $9.99 this app CAN NOT be beat. After using it, I would have paid more considering what it does. It is very powerful. I had some questions regarding the syntax (it is slightly different than Matlab) and the response from technical support was fast and helpful.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 31, 2013
- Version: 3.4.4
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
- © 2013 EUROCOMP
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor