PocketCAS is the most advanced mathematics application for iPhone and iPad. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots! Supports x-y cartesian plots, parametric area plots and parametric line plots.
- Animated plots: Use the variable 'anim' to animate any plot over time.
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Document Import: Load functions and variables from existing documents to re-use your work in other calculations.
- CSV Import: Load tabular data and process it in CSV format!
- Mathematical keyboard: PocketCAS' mathematical keyboard is unmatched on the App Store.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (https://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (https://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
Bugfix: Fixed crashes when entering functions under iOS 11.2 beta.
Bugfix: Fixed a few calculation errors.
Improvement: Made 3D line graphs a bit thicker, for better visibility.
Improvement (Mac): Made the width of the "expanded" graph popover depend on the current window's width.
For the improvements in PocketCAS 3.10, please see https://pocketcas.com/changes.php.
In case you left a review before, please consider updating (or reposting) it according to how the new version works for you. App Store reviews are very important to us.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent math app
Amazing. It finds the answer to the integral ∫(1/(x^3-1),x,0,∞). Wolfram could not do that. One thing I really like about this app is how it allows you to create documents (consisting of calculation steps, plot steps, or script steps) which can be saved, imported, or exported. In any step in a document the variable Ans always contains the result of the last calculation so, for example, you can have pocketcas differentiate a function in x in a calculation step, and follow with a plot step that plots Ans, to see the graph of the derivative. Also any step can be duplicated, which saves a lot of typing when you want to do similar things. On graphs of functions, you can easily zoom in and out, display x and y coordinates while moving along a curve, and see a table of coordinate points that belong to the curve. It works very well with complex numbers and symbolic calculations. It is easiest to use on an iPad, but I've had no problem using it on my iPhone.
I have used mathematical modeling throughout my career to forecast manufacturing throughput. This application is so much more versatile to the developing of models than a spreadsheet, because it allows you to compare different components of the model in the same graph and make hypothetical changes by simply using math.
The iPad version takes this application to a new level. I can now carry a mathematical laboratory with me to the field to make changes or adjustments which will synchronize with the cloud so that I can continue my work in my Mac.
Delivers what it promises. I'm reviewing calculus and it has proven to be a great help; I wish I had it when in college!
It might not be as powerful as some of the math programs for the Mac or PC (I have wxMaxima on my Mac), but it's ease of use and portability (iPhone) makes it a good choice. It also helps that it is document oriented; you work, say, the exercises of a chapter you are studying and when done just save it under a meaningful name.
- Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
- 63.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Daniel Alm
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.