PocketMoney - checkbook, budgets, expenses
By Catamount Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PocketMoney gives you the most features, at the least cost, in an effective user interface. Find out why AppAdvice.com says: "The app is easy to use that in fact, it is fast-becoming my most-used app on my iPad."
Need to track your finances on multiple iPhones, iPads, iPods, other OS's, or desktops? PocketMoney can do that, too. Sync multiple iOS or other OS's devices together over Wi-Fi or to the PocketMoney desktop app on OS X, Windows, and Linux (www.catamount.com).
[SUPPORT: e-mail email@example.com. We can't help you if you post your issues as reviews.]
The system is simple, and a minute a day using PocketMoney will help you navigate through the pitfalls of the current economy.
** Start by entering all your income and expenses as they happen across multiple accounts such as credit cards, savings, and checking accounts. PocketMoney can track thousands of transactions through many years of financial data with no performance loss. Transactions can be split across multiple categories, transferred across accounts and can also be scheduled to occur at regular intervals.
** PocketMoney makes this really easy by remembering previous transactions and auto-completing them as you type.
** Analyze your overall financial situation by using the built-in reporting features of PocketMoney. Charts can help you visualize overspending and target areas to cut back. Furthermore, your data can be exported to desktop applications such as Microsoft Money and Excel.
** If you use Quicken or MS Money, then you can export your desktop data to PocketMoney, enter data on the road, then export changes back to your desktop app via QIF files. (Quicken Essentials doesn't support QIF exports/imports.)
- Unlimited number of accounts and transactions
- Accounts include credit cards, checking, overdraft, savings and more
- Proven performance and responsiveness
- Repeating transactions with complex logic
- Autocomplete transactions
- Splits and Transfers
- Reconcile and rollup your accounts.
- Photo receipts
- Current, future, cleared balance displays
- Customized account ordering, grouping and graphics
- Customized transaction entry preferences
- Custom filters
- PocketMoney Sync Client - sync your finances over Wi-Fi to PocketMoney for Desktops (www.catamount.com for OS X, Windows, & Linux versions).
- PocketMoney Sync Server - (Optional Add-on) -keep your data in sync over Wi-Fi between multiple iOS devices without the need for PocketMoney for Desktops.
- Income and expense budgeting
- Daily, Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual budgets
- iBeam to show current location of budget period
- Budget bars for each category
Reports and Charts
- Custom reporting for Accounts, Categories, Class and Payee
- Charts (Optional Add-On) - Net Worth, Cash Flow and Category/Payee graphs
- Custom reporting and charting periods
- Print transaction register, receipts, and report details to AirPrint compatible printer
- Email, web browser and SyncDocs backup/restore
- Keep partner in sync by emailing transaction to them.
- Transaction and photo sync between multiple iPhones
- Import - TDF, CSV, QIF, OFX/QFX
- Export - TDF, CSV, QIF, OFX/QFX
- PocketMoney’s iReceipt open standard allows other applications or websites to post transactions directly to PocketMoney to eliminate redundant data entry. (iReceipt supported by MPG, CheckPlease, BillMinder, and others)
- Multilingual (15 different languages)
- Password protection
- Transaction search
- Themes, Fonts and colors
- Visually Impaired friendly
- Badge display for overdrawn accounts
What's New in Version 4.2.7
Thanks everyone for the support!! More updates on the way...
- Fixed blank areas on Accounts screen
- Fixed exchange rate updating
- Fixed SyncDocs syncing
- The iPad can select photos or take a photo again
- Calendar positioning adjusted on Edit Transaction screen
- Calendar - selected day now highlights again
- Calendar - iPad can now use the calendar instead of the picker
- Updated password screen (preparation for Touch ID in the next update)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes/code cleanup
Please don't forget to rate each version
Best in Class!
I originally bought PocketMoney in 2011 to get a handle on my cash flow as part of my retirement planning. Since then I have used this app to track every penny that has passed through my hands (oh no: travel and gifts). PocketMoney has given me an amazingly clear view of my spending patterns and retirement income planning needs. I no longer have to guess; I know how much income I need for retirement planning purposes. This will save me literally thousands of dollars in financial advisor planning dollars. Thank you, Nick. PocketMoney is my most-used app, bar none
When the original developer died and the app degraded through neglect, I think I bought and tried every alternative app in the store. Nothing compared to the flexibility of this app. And I found all of the alternatives disappointing. PocketMoney lets me track expenses and plan my budget the way I want to, not the way some academician tells me I should. The construction is elegantly simple: two account types, asset and liability; three transaction types, withdrawal, deposit, and transfer. And from that simple base I can track and manage all of my accounts. I would have paid full fare for this update, but instead it was free. Thanks, Nick! This update is like welcoming an old friend home.
Best finance app available
So glad PM is back & updated!! It's working great on my IPhone 6S Plus. I had been contemplating looking for another household budget/checking app for past year but just couldn't part with PM. So very thankful to have you folks back at it in full force!! This has been my only and preferred finance app since 2005. Please keep up the good work. I use PM on phone, IPad, and my Mac (also still have it loaded on an old Win desktop)...thank you!!!
This is my prior review:
I've used some form of PocketMoney software since 2005 on a HP iPaq Windows Mobile PDA device to currently running on iPhone + iPad iOS devices & PM Desktop version running on Windows 7. So what can I say, I love the program & it's functionality for household finance, budgets & banking. I've paid for each program and if need be to keep the app from ever being discontinued, would even pay an annual fee to keep it alive...that's how serious I am about the convenience of this app! It's better than old school methods of checkbook registers & spreadsheet docs to track this stuff. Not to mention being able to update balances on my phone as I'm spending. Thank you Catamount for a great app!
Great to see that this app is alive again. It’s been updated to fix all the bugs that weren’t working on the newer iOS, and works smoothly again. Thankful that I could delete the other crappy finance apps that I had been trying and can keep using this. High hopes for a mac os version that would improve on the earlier attempt. I’ve never been a big fan of the icon design, but the functionality is solid.
I’ve used this app for almost 8 years and it’s been great, nothing else like it.
Since May of 2013 it hasn’t been updated and everything seems to have stopped. It still works, but it’s getting more and more buggy and crashes often. It seems the app is finished and will become increasingly incompatible.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: May 02, 2016
- Version: 4.2.7
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Catamount Software
- © 2016, Catamount Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PocketMoney Sync Server$4.99
- Photo Receipts$0.99