By Russel Neiss
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PocketTorah is designed to help you learn the weekly Torah and Haftarah portion anywhere, at any time for free.
This project is made possible thanks to the generous support of the Jewish New Media Innovation Fund
The app includes:
- The entire text of the Torah and Haftarah in Hebrew and translation.
- On Demand Audio: With a simple click or touch of any verse number the corresponding Hebrew with proper trope is chanted, while the corresponding text is highlighted.
- Tikkun View – With a touch you can choose whether you want to see the Hebrew as vowelized text or as it appears in the Torah with crowns and without vowels.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
Bug fixes! --
1. Allows users with smaller screens to scroll to all of the aliyot and haftarot
2. Fixes an issue some users were experiencing where maftir aliyot did not play properly.
3. Fixed an issue where opening aliyah 3 of Pinchas would crash the app.
What a wonderful gift of being able to just tap on any word in any Aliyah from any parsha and hear and see the text so I can learn the tropes. Thank you for making this available for free and continuing to update and keep this free for all to use! I'm also very thankful of the translation in English and the ability to pause so I can read through and learn as well as understand the text I'm reading. Again I give much appreciation to all the work and kindness put into this app.
One thing I've noticed is my app crashes on iPhone 5s when I try to just go to the parsha of the week. The app just kicks me out and closes. I just reopen the app, then I just search for the correct parsha in the provided list. But I probably just need to update my iPhone.
Great idea, good app - needs improvement
This app has great potential!
Unfortunately it crashes when I try to go straight to "this week's parasha."
Also, the pause button is pretty small - or it isn't very responsive, making it hard to pause and go back to the beginning of the pasuk when trying to memorize a specific part.
Otherwise I like it. Please keep improving - it's clear a lot of people use it to learn leining, which is a great service!!!
Great app! I have used it very often to study the Torah reading on the go. However, the “shva” in the latest update seems to be misplaced/missing. Also, this needs a bookmark to remember the last parasha and location within it...keep up the good work!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 03, 2017
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 487 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Russel Neiss
- © 2012 Russel Neiss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.