Podbean Podcast App is a powerful podcast player with super clean layout and easy to navigate interface.
A better way to discover and play all your favorite podcasts anywhere, anytime. The Podbean podcast app enhance your podcast listening experience with intelligent speed, volume boost, customizable playlist and all the best features:
— DISCOVERY / RECOMMENDATION —
• Search by podcast name, episode name, or author name.
• Browse new/trending/top podcasts by topics or categories.
• Get customized recommendations based on your play history.
• View your play history and favorite episodes.
• Choose audiobooks from bestsellers and classics for free.
— PLAYBACK / AUDIO EFFECTS —
• Instantly stream or download podcasts to play offline.
• Stay organized with customizable playlists.
• Intelligent speed removes silences from an episode without distortion.
• Volume boost normalize the volume and make shows easier to listen to.
• Advanced playback features like auto-play next and Sleep timer.
• Support bluetooth.
• Integrate with Amazon Alexa.
— NOTIFICATION / AUTOMATION —
• Stay updated: Get new episode notification from followed podcasts
• Automatic download and option to delete after being played.
• Support batch mode to download, delete, and add playlist.
• Settings can be customized by podcast.
— AUDIO RECORDING —
• Professional audio recording with easy-to-use interface
• Mix your voice with background music.
• Preview and edit your recording before publish.
• Auto-post to Facebook and Twitter.
Podbean Podcast app now supports English, German, Portuguese, Swedish, Chinese, French, Spanish and Japanese.
Listen best podcasts 2017 on Podbean - Podcast App & Podcast Player, including This American Life, Serial, The Joe Rogan Experience, Radiolab, True crime, Criminal, Joel Osteen, The Dave Ramsey Show, ESPN Radio, The Nerdist, The Moth, The Tim Ferriss Show, Freakonomics Radio, Startup, Stuff You Should Know, How Stuff Works, Bloomberg, Revision3, Relay FM, PodcastOne, The New Yorker, Showtime, Slate, TEDTalks, NPR podcasts, WNYC, 5by5, KCRW, NASA, CBS Radio, CNET, CNN, CBC, BBC and Bill O'Reilly etc.
Podbean podcast app & player is ad-supported. User can choose to purchase Podbean VIP Subscription to remove ads, and get advanced features including: customize homepage, unlimited playlist and priority support. Current price for Podbean VIP Subscription is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Exciting new recording features:
Choose from 50+ background tracks with different styles and moods.
Brand new sound effects，echo effects and tone adjustment.
Audio synthesis, editing and splitting make mobile post production convenient and easy.
Ratings and Reviews
Podbean is a clean, concise and easy to follow app that allows for the streaming of all of your favourite podcasts on the go— for free. The app has the ability to create a profile, which allows the user to write comments about episodes, save podcasts for later, download, and subscribe to receive notifications about when podcasts are updated. The audio is good, and the program is easy to navigate.
With one exception. Perhaps it is the age of my iPhone, but during long podcasts, if the podcast is interrupted and closed out of, the app remembers where you left off. However, the app does not immediately start playing there, as it does from the beginning of an episode, but seems to need to load the entire episode over. While occasionally this doesn’t take longer than 30 seconds or so, occasionally it can take several minutes, where the battery drains at the same accelerated rate (which is no fault to the app directly) but with no podcast being played. The later in the podcast it is interrupted, the longer it takes to resume.
If you can keep your podcast going straight through, this app is one of the best on the market.
I really want to enjoy this app. But everything about it feels backwards, and there’s no option to sort the locked episodes in with the standard ones based on date, which makes keeping up to date super difficult. For some reason downloading episodes is also separate from the original location, and I have no option to have it automatically deleted after I listen to it from that different location, which makes me spend a lot of time on the unsorted list, rather than just seeing the ones I have left to listen to. Clicking on an episode automatically begins the recording, rather than popping up with options about it. What happens when you tap the wrong episode? Now it’s redirected you to a new page, and you’ve got to backtrack to get to the right one.
It’s exhausting, honestly, and if I didn’t have to use it to reasonably access the bonus content I get, I would just delete it. I wonder if they’ve got an access link that I can punch into Overcast.
Developer Response ,
Would you please let us know the podcasts you're having trouble with, so we can look into the issues you met?
I have constant buffering problems on the app. At home, at work, everywhere. I know the automatic response is going to be “It’s your connection.”, but it isn’t. It’s not a WiFi issue, because Podbean is the ONLY issue I have on my phone. The worst thing is that if I have to pause a long podcast, I know when I go back to it that it will try to start where I left off but will never play. It just buffers. Right now, as I type this, I’ve been waiting for 15 minutes hoping that an episode of “Something to Wrestle” will start back up but it won’t. I’ll have to shut off and restart my phone just for the app to work again.
I liked the app at first but it has become absolute garbage in the last couple weeks. I’m never using Podbean, again.
- Podbean Tech LLC
- 136.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2007 Podbean LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Podbean VIP Member $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.