The best podcast app & podcast player to search, download, and listen to your favorite podcast, FM, radio and audiobook anywhere, anytime.
Listening to over 50 million episodes of podcasts worldwide on iPhone/iPad. The Podbean podcast app enhance your podcast listening experience with intelligent speed, volume boost, customizable playlist and all the best features:
— DISCOVERY / RECOMMENDATION —
• Search by podcast name, episode name, or author name.
• Browse new/trending/top podcasts by topics or categories.
• Get customized recommendations based on your play history.
• View your play history and favorite episodes.
• Choose audiobooks from bestsellers and classics for free.
— PLAYBACK / AUDIO EFFECTS —
• Instantly stream or download podcasts to play offline.
• Stay organized with customizable playlists.
• Intelligent speed removes silences from an episode without distortion.
• Volume boost normalize the volume and make shows easier to listen to.
• Advanced playback features like auto-play next and Sleep timer.
• CarPlay Support.
• Integrates with Amazon Alexa.
— NOTIFICATION / AUTOMATION —
• Stay updated: Get new episode notification from followed podcasts
• Automatic download and option to delete after being played.
• Supports batch mode to download, delete, and add playlist.
• Settings can be customized by podcast.
— AUDIO RECORDER —
• Professional audio recorder with easy-to-use interface.
• Rich background music and various sound effects to choose from.
• Powerful post production including edit, split, merge and export.
• Provide free large space, various promotion and social sharing.
• All-in-one podcast creator on your phone.
Podbean Podcast app now supports English, German, Portuguese, Swedish, Chinese, French, Spanish and Japanese.
Listen to the best podcasts on Podbean - Podcast App & Podcast Player, including This American Life, Serial, The Joe Rogan Experience, S Town, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, Radiolab, My Favorite Murder, True crime, Criminal, Joel Osteen, The Dave Ramsey Show, ESPN Radio, The Moth, The Tim Ferriss Show, Freakonomics Radio, Startup, Stuff You Should Know, How Stuff Works, Bloomberg, Revision3, Relay FM, PodcastOne, The New Yorker, Showtime, Slate, TEDTalks, NPR podcasts, WNYC, 5by5, KCRW, NASA, CBS Radio, CNET, CNN, CBC, BBC and Bill O'Reilly etc.
Podbean podcast app & player is ad-supported. User can choose to purchase Podbean VIP Subscription to remove ads, and get advanced features including: customize homepage, unlimited playlist and priority support. Current price for Podbean VIP Subscription is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
1. Enhanced audio recording editor
2. Support playlist synchronizing and drag drop sorting
3. Listening level can be shared
4. Fix a bug in cellular download
5. Other small optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Only App that is designed for talk podcasts and not music.
Podbean is the only podcast app that I've found that when I press the back button on my Bluetooth device, it takes me back 30 seconds on my current podcast. When I press the back key on all the other apps, it takes me to the previous podcast. I don't want to leave my podcast, I just want to re-hear the last 30 seconds because I either didn't understand something that was being said or I was distracted and just want to hear it again. All the other apps - Apple, Stitcher... are designed for music and think you want to go back to the prior song. It's really frustrating because I have to look at my phone, while I'm driving to hit the back 30 seconds button. But with Podbean, I keep my eyes on the road and just tap the back button on my Bluetooth device and I can simply rewind the last 30 seconds - perfect!
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for your positive feedback! We are pleased that you are satisfied with the application!
I wanted to love this app...
I originally posted 5 stars after switching to Podbean. I did love several of the features of this app that I didn’t have with others, and it never crashed. It also downloaded episodes quickly (I didn’t have mine set to auto download, just chose the individual episodes I wanted), and the downloads deleted immediately after they finished playing space and time. HOWEVER, I just deleted the app. Podcasts I listened to daily would disappear from my feed. I would have to search for them again to follow and listen. I thought it was me at first, maybe an accident with my touch screen. But then it did again, more than once, it happened with more than one show. I reached out to customer service, but the response was completely useless. Even if they didn’t/don’t have a fix or answer at the moment, the response could have been handled better. I would have preferred them not to answer at all than what I received. I was too annoyed at that point to keep trying. Promptly deleted.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for your feedback, Please log in the app with the same account if you reinstall the app. After logging in, please tap the 2nd icon on the app home page to find your following list.
I really want to enjoy this app. But everything about it feels backwards, and there’s no option to sort the locked episodes in with the standard ones based on date, which makes keeping up to date super difficult. For some reason downloading episodes is also separate from the original location, and I have no option to have it automatically deleted after I listen to it from that different location, which makes me spend a lot of time on the unsorted list, rather than just seeing the ones I have left to listen to. Clicking on an episode automatically begins the recording, rather than popping up with options about it. What happens when you tap the wrong episode? Now it’s redirected you to a new page, and you’ve got to backtrack to get to the right one.
It’s exhausting, honestly, and if I didn’t have to use it to reasonably access the bonus content I get, I would just delete it. I wonder if they’ve got an access link that I can punch into Overcast.
Developer Response ,
Would you please let us know the podcasts you're having trouble with, so we can look into the issues you met?
- Podbean Tech LLC
- 137.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2007 Podbean LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Podbean VIP Member $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.