By Thomas Pritchard
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Want to make it easy for your listeners to tap directly through to sponsors? Skip over spoilers if they aren’t caught up? See what’s coming up in your episode? Let Podcast Chapters help.
• Really Fast: From exporting your podcast out of your audio program, to having an MP3 file with chapter markers ready to post, Podcast Chapters is the fastest way to get your podcast in the hands of your fans.
• Dead Simple: No complex export settings, no pages of preferences, and the shortcuts you already know. You import your file, add the chapters, then export it. It just works.
• Listen Back: If you're not sure where to drop your chapter markers, listen back in Podcast Chapters. Adding a new chapter marker will drop it automatically at your current position.
• Add Metadata: No need to go into iTunes and set metadata tags, Podcast Chapters now lets you set the podcast and episode metadata, including your show
• Power-User Features: Do you edit multiple podcasts? Save time with the presets system in Podcast Chapters. Save your shows with pre-set metadata, including the show art. Never spend hours searching for that one image file again.
• Native to the Mac: No uploading, using a clunky web interface, and re-downloading. Podcast Chapters is designed for the Mac you use and love, by someone who uses and loves it too.
What's New in Version 1.3
This update simply would not have been possible without the incredible work of Fredrik Björeman, who ported the entire app to Swift 3. This was no small task, and I'm incredibly indebted to him.
In this update, Podcast Chapters gets a couple of new features, and fixes a few bugs that managed to creep through.
• Drag-and-Drop: Fredrik has gone through and enabled drag-and-drop all over the app. You can now drag images onto the cover art or chapter image areas, saving you from using the file picker every time.
• Export Chapters as Cue Files: As of Podcast Chapters 1.2 you could import chapter markers from cue files. Well now you can export to them as well! Note: Cue files only allow for a title and a timestamp, so unfortunately any URL or images associated with the chapter aren't exported.
• Export Chapters to Show Notes: You can now export your chapter markers in a show-note-friendly text format, perfect for listeners who don't have a client that supports MP3 Chapter Markers.
• Bugfixes: Squashed a number of bugs.
The minimum macOS version in this update has changed to macOS Sierra.
You can always see the latest release notes at chaptersapp.com/release-notes.