By Thomas Pritchard
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Want to make it easy for your listeners to tap directly through to sponsors? Skip over spoilers if they aren’t caught up? See what’s coming up in your episode? Let Podcast Chapters help.
• Really Fast: From exporting your podcast out of your audio program, to having an MP3 file with chapter markers ready to post, Podcast Chapters is the fastest way to get your podcast in the hands of your fans.
• Dead Simple: No complex export settings, no pages of preferences, and the shortcuts you already know. You import your file, add the chapters, then export it. It just works.
• Listen Back: If you're not sure where to drop your chapter markers, listen back in Podcast Chapters. Adding a new chapter marker will drop it automatically at your current position.
• Add Metadata: No need to go into iTunes and set metadata tags, Podcast Chapters now lets you set the podcast and episode metadata, including your show
• Power-User Features: Do you edit multiple podcasts? Save time with the presets system in Podcast Chapters. Save your shows with pre-set metadata, including the show art. Never spend hours searching for that one image file again.
• Native to the Mac: No uploading, using a clunky web interface, and re-downloading. Podcast Chapters is designed for the Mac you use and love, by someone who uses and loves it too.
What's New in Version 1.2
In this big update, Podcast Chapters gets a ton of new features, helping you with that annoying last part of the podcast process.
• Metadata: Podcast Chapters now lets you update all other kinds of MP3 metadata for publishing your podcast, including the name of your podcast, the episode's title, and your show art.
• Presets: You can now save a preset for a show, letting you quickly and easily fill information about the podcast, without having to find the pesky show art each time.
• Import Chapters: You can now import your chapters from Cue files.
• Chapter Artwork: You can now add artwork to a chapter marker! Give it a try!
• Bugfixes: Squashed a number of bugs, including:
• Annoying text encoding bug (thanks to Preben Friis of Hindenburg Systems for helping me debug this).
• Conflicts between the shortcuts for jump time and screenshots.
• Menus for jump time now update (My thanks to Ali Moosa for their help with these bugs).
• A number of VoiceOver bugs.
Failing at exporting
I purchased this app and tried it out, and it worked a couple of times, but now it is not working at all for me. I get the same error that Sugarattack is reporting below: "An Error Occurred. The export wasn't successful. If you keep getting this, you may need to re-master your file from your audio program”.
I really would like to use this tool to add chapter markers to my mp3s but it is not working at all. Thomas Pritchard, please help!
Once you get it working, I have a question/suggestion: Is the “Summary” field the same as the podcast Description in terms of meta data? I need to be able to edit the Description of the podcast files (not the Comments).
Update adds AMAZING features!
I’ve been using Podcast Chapters for while and have always wanted the ability to add my ID3 tags in app, and now I can. Also, the addition of per chapter artwork is a feature I’ve been waiting for.
If you have a podcast and are looking for an app to implement chapters with, Podcast Chapters will definatly be the app for you! And as a creator of 3 podcasts, the templates feature will be a definate improvment to my workflow.
$20 is really worth what you’ll get out of this app.
Have been using this app for a while as part of my podcast publishing workflow, but always hated having to go through iTunes or another app to edit the metadata. So, the new update which adds support for editing title/description/show art etc… is extremely welcome and save me a few minutes every time I need to publish an episode. Great work!
Now my only request is for better drag and drop support for starting and edit and cover art.