Want to make it easy for your listeners to tap directly through to sponsors? Skip over spoilers if they aren’t caught up? See what’s coming up in your episode? Let Podcast Chapters help.
With Podcast Chapters you can add MP3 chapter markets to your MP3 files, supported by most podcast clients, including Apple Podcasts!
• Really Fast: From exporting your podcast out of your audio program, to having an MP3 file with chapter markers ready to post, Podcast Chapters is the fastest way to get your podcast in the hands of your fans.
• Dead Simple: No complex export settings, no pages of preferences, and the shortcuts you already know. You import your file, add the chapters, then export it. It just works.
• Listen Back: If you're not sure where to drop your chapter markers, listen back in Podcast Chapters. Adding a new chapter marker will drop it automatically at your current position.
• Add Metadata: No need to go into iTunes and set metadata tags, Podcast Chapters now lets you set the podcast and episode metadata, including your show
• Power-User Features: Do you edit multiple podcasts? Save time with the presets system in Podcast Chapters. Save your shows with pre-set metadata, including the show art. Never spend hours searching for that one image file again.
• Native to the Mac: No uploading, using a clunky web interface, and re-downloading. Podcast Chapters is designed for the Mac you use and love, by someone who uses and loves it too.
Fixed a bug where the app could crash if a file was opened containing a chapter without a title.
Ratings and Reviews
It's great if all you want is chapters
The chapter-adding functionality is reliable and very helpful. Being able to play back in-app and see where your chapters begin and end is great. However, the app also offers the ability to add episode and chapter-specific images, and I've had zero success getting those to actually show up in supporting podcast players (Overcast and Castro, for example). I emailed the developer months ago asking about this, but never heard back. This app wasn't exactly cheap, either, so to have persistently broken functionality is inexcusable. I would recommend the free Forecast from Marco Arment instead. It's a little more fiddly when entering chapter starts, and you can't listen in-app to check your timing, but it has a lot of great built-ins to save time, and the pictures actually work.
Great for adding metadata
It's so easy to add metadata (chapters and other stuff like the artwork and titles) to episodes, straight out of Logic! It's worth the money!
Failing at exporting
I purchased this app and tried it out, and it worked a couple of times, but now it is not working at all for me. I get the same error that Sugarattack is reporting below: "An Error Occurred. The export wasn't successful. If you keep getting this, you may need to re-master your file from your audio program”.
I really would like to use this tool to add chapter markers to my mp3s but it is not working at all. Thomas Pritchard, please help!
Once you get it working, I have a question/suggestion: Is the “Summary” field the same as the podcast Description in terms of meta data? I need to be able to edit the Description of the podcast files (not the Comments).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.