Want to make it easy for your listeners to tap directly through to sponsors? Skip over spoilers if they aren’t caught up? See what’s coming up in your episode? Let Podcast Chapters help.
With Podcast Chapters you can add MP3 chapter markets to your MP3 files, supported by most podcast clients, including Apple Podcasts!
• Really Fast: From exporting your podcast out of your audio program, to having an MP3 file with chapter markers ready to post, Podcast Chapters is the fastest way to get your podcast in the hands of your fans.
• Dead Simple: No complex export settings, no pages of preferences, and the shortcuts you already know. You import your file, add the chapters, then export it. It just works.
• Listen Back: If you're not sure where to drop your chapter markers, listen back in Podcast Chapters. Adding a new chapter marker will drop it automatically at your current position.
• Add Metadata: No need to go into iTunes and set metadata tags, Podcast Chapters now lets you set the podcast and episode metadata, including your show
• Power-User Features: Do you edit multiple podcasts? Save time with the presets system in Podcast Chapters. Save your shows with pre-set metadata, including the show art. Never spend hours searching for that one image file again.
• Native to the Mac: No uploading, using a clunky web interface, and re-downloading. Podcast Chapters is designed for the Mac you use and love, by someone who uses and loves it too.
• Added support for macOS Mojave, including a new dark theme and accent colors. To use the dark theme in Mojave, go to System Preferences, General, Appearance, and select the dark option.
• Fixed a few minor bugs with image drag-and-drop.
If you run into any issues, please feel free to reach out to me using the 'Support' link in the Mac App Store. I'm a one-man team, and Podcast Chapters is my side-project, but I'll do everything I can to help address any issues you might have.
Ratings and Reviews
It's great if all you want is chapters
The chapter-adding functionality is reliable and very helpful. Being able to play back in-app and see where your chapters begin and end is great. However, the app also offers the ability to add episode and chapter-specific images, and I've had zero success getting those to actually show up in supporting podcast players (Overcast and Castro, for example). I emailed the developer months ago asking about this, but never heard back. This app wasn't exactly cheap, either, so to have persistently broken functionality is inexcusable. I would recommend the free Forecast from Marco Arment instead. It's a little more fiddly when entering chapter starts, and you can't listen in-app to check your timing, but it has a lot of great built-ins to save time, and the pictures actually work.
Doesn’t work at all
I tried importing various MP3 files into Podcast Chapters. It will not play them at all. It does nothing.
Just purchaesd this and the app does not respond, doesn’t play the mp3 I uploaded and just hangs and does nothing, literally gave this developer $20?
I am running Mac ios 10.12.6, support email or better yet UPDATE would be great, if not then just remove this app as it doesn’t make use of certain iOs’s
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.