Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the all-new Podcasts app, an amazing way to discover, subscribe to, and play your favorite podcasts. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts in the Featured tab, or browse Top Charts to see what's hot right now. Add your favorite podcasts to personal stations that stay up to date when new episodes become available. You can sync playlists from iTunes, or create an On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want. iCloud keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in sync across all your devices, computers, and Apple TV.
• Explore hundreds of thousands of free podcasts on a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more
• Tap Subscribe for your favorites and automatically get new episodes for free as they become available
• Browse by audio or video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
• Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Adjust the playback speed of your audio or video podcasts
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Enjoy your favorite podcasts on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically when new episodes become available
• Use the On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want
• Choose to download new episodes automatically when they become available, even when the app is not open
• Subscribe to podcasts that require authentication — just enter the podcast URL into Search in My Podcasts
• Share your favorite episodes with friends using Facebook, Twitter, Messages, and Mail
• Optionally sync episodes and playlists from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• iCloud remembers your place in an episode, your subscriptions, and your stations and keeps them up to date on your devices, Mac, PC, and Apple TV
• Requires a device with iOS 7 or later
• Optionally syncing episodes requires iTunes 10.6.3 or later
• Syncing subscriptions, stations, and play position using iCloud requires iTunes 11.1 or later and Apple TV Software 6.0 or later
• Streaming or downloading episodes requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
• iTunes playlist syncing is not compatible with iTunes Match
What's New in Version 2.0.2
This update resolves an issue where the 15-second skip buttons may not appear on the lock screen when used with iOS 7.1.
Use this version of Podcasts with iOS 7.1 and iTunes 11.1.5 or later to resolve issues with downloading and playing episodes after syncing with iTunes.
Newest Version Needs Work
Since I’m not a programmer I do not know where iTunes/iOS went wrong with podcasting but it appears to be when it made the leap to the “stunning” looking new 2.0 version.
Since then, I must waste a ton more bandwidth because it appears as though iTunes, my Mac, my iPhone 5S and my iPad do not communicate with each other in regards to podcasts. When I watch or mark one as “read” on a device it doesn’t translate over. In fact, it wants to redownload said episode again on the devices I did not watch/listen to the said episode on.
I spend more time trying to keep a handle on 12 podcasts and what I’ve already seen, deleted, marked as “watched”, etc, only to find out when I open the app in another device it plays dumb.
I’ll take non-stunning looks over a simple “touch base with the cloud and check if this episode has been played” scenario. The app used to remember WHERE I left off too… even that simplicity is gone.
Will rate when next update comes.
Fixing this app isn't rocket science!!
Apple, I honestly don't understand how you can do such a brilliant job making hardware but such a horrifically mediocre job with your own apps! Even the creators of Prodigy are laughing at your podcast app!
All we want...is for our podcasts...to work. That's all. When we subscribe to them, they should appear on our devices and play. If they work on our Mac, they should work on our iPhones, period, no more excuses.
This is not rocket science. You aren't even breaking new ground or exploring uncharted territory here. You've heard of Downcast? Yeah, pretty much just do what those guys did. Problem solved.
I like Apple and would prefer to use native applications on my iPhone whenever possible. But as long as the quality and depth of the native app remains at the level of this Podcast app, then I'm sorry to say that you've made it impossible for me to do so. Hope you get it together soon, and if you do, I'll come back.
Does not sync correctly
The old iTunes app that included podcasts worked. This separate app is a constant problem. It doesn't sync with the computer correctly. You will think you have all your podcasts on your phone, it will show you the little number saying you have new podcasts on the phone, and when you go to listen to them they aren't actually on the phone, they're just a link that only works on wifi. Then after you listen to the podcasts and sync again, it doesn't take them off the phone It's incredibly frustrating. Basically you have to do everything manually and it takes forever and is not something you can just grab in the morning and be sure will work. Also, it crashes somewhat regularly. After months of this not improving, just bring back the old iTunes app that was both music and podcasts.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 10, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.