Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the Podcasts app, an amazing way to discover, subscribe to, and play your favorite podcasts. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts in the Featured tab, or browse Top Charts to see what's hot right now. Add your favorite podcasts to personal stations that stay up to date when new episodes become available. You can sync playlists from iTunes, or create an On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want. iCloud keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in-sync across all your devices, computers, and Apple TV.
• Explore hundreds of thousands of free podcasts on a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more
• Tap Subscribe for your favorites and automatically get new episodes for free as they become available
• Browse by audio or video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
• Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Ask Siri to play specific shows or stations by name, like “play TEDTalks”
• Adjust the playback speed of your audio or video podcasts
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Enjoy your favorite podcasts on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically when new episodes become available
• Use the On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want
• Choose to download new episodes automatically when they become available, even when the app is not open
• Save your favorite episodes to keep them on your device
• Subscribe to podcasts that require authentication — just enter the podcast URL into Search in My Podcasts
• Share your favorite episodes with friends using AirDrop, Facebook, Twitter, Messages, and Mail
• Optionally sync episodes and playlists from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• iCloud remembers your place in an episode, your subscriptions, and your stations and keeps them up-to-date on your devices, Mac, PC, and Apple TV.
• Requires a device with iOS 7.1 or later
• iTunes 11.2 is recommended for syncing podcast episodes
• Syncing subscriptions, stations and play position using iCloud requires iTunes 11.2 or later and Apple TV Software 6.0 or later
• Streaming or downloading episodes requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection
• iTunes playlist syncing is not compatible with iTunes Match
• Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas
What's New in Version 2.2
Podcasts 2.2 includes a number of minor performance improvements and adds support for iOS 8.
please restore pre cloud and pre seperate
After recently paging thru my first three iPhones it's extra clear what a memory hog this has become .. 7Gigs of memory and like 6episodes that can be played without re streaming or "attempting to download" does anyone else remember iPhone was once popular and originally amazing cause combined iPod with a phone.. Now I waste more time trying to listen or play anything and attempting to "free up more memory" by constantly deleting apps and wasting time, plus no longer having music library or even music on here... Episodes are listed that can be downloaded or streamed and no longer on device but seem to still use memory.. Oh and photos eat the other third ever since stupid HRG option which cannot be turned off.. Annoying.. So now that podcast app has been made stand alone basically can not use or listen to much of anything unless constantly on wifi or connected.. And considering bulk of time listening was on subway ungrounded or on road trips ... It's just disappointing... Let's say we stop making more crap and new models of devices constantly and work on the basics that once made the products great.. Frustrating as hell.. Basically have to listen or update from computer iTunes.. And every update gets closer to f n that up too... This app is a MUST have, but only by necessity.. Please fix it and the basics
Free but requires patience
This podcast app should be the only podcast app anyone even considers. It's the first app I downloaded (EVER) and it has introduced me to some great things. BUT... I'm considering looking for another app now.
I have experienced a slow-burn degradation of the quality in the last year. It has always crashed on occasion, but now I have to attempt to open it 3-4 times before it even makes it to the podcast home. It has started to have more trouble with bookmarking. It's constantly re-downloading episodes, especially those that I use the "mark as played" option on, but often just random episodes from the catalog. It takes upwards of a minute to get an episode to start playing sometimes, which may seem like bickering, but a minute of just staring and waiting seems like an eternity. I rarely get playback error messages, but I do see the pre-loading hanging up in spots at times.
I think it comes down to something being created with the purpose of being a huge convenient hub of all my podcast needs. When working right, this app is just that. It just rarely works right.
I'll have a podcast playing, go to check Facebook, and it shuts down. I'll have a podcast playing, open apps I've never had problem with playing with a podcast before, and suddenly it shuts down. An episode finishes, and immediately, an episode from a different podcast I had finished and cleared from the queue starts playing. I've experienced the Automatically-changes-randomly-in-the-middle happening, and I've experienced the Error-content-unavailable-cannot-download-at-this-time trouble. Also, there's podcasts I once subscribed to, then stopped my subscription and now I can't get their podcast title thingy off my list! I can delete the others, but others don't have that option at all.
I am quite disappointed in this podcast app. Back in the days when you used the iTunes app to download and listen was the best and now this crud.
Gets 3 stars for having all of the podcasts I want to listen to. Should only have the 2 stars, really, for the headache that comes from using it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 17, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 12.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.