Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the all-new Podcasts app, an amazing way to discover, subscribe to, and play your favorite podcasts. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts in the Featured tab, or browse Top Charts to see what's hot right now. Add your favorite podcasts to personal stations that stay up to date when new episodes become available. You can sync playlists from iTunes, or create an On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want. iCloud keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in sync across all your devices, computers, and Apple TV.
• Explore hundreds of thousands of free podcasts on a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more
• Tap Subscribe for your favorites and automatically get new episodes for free as they become available
• Browse by audio or video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
• Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Adjust the playback speed of your audio or video podcasts
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Enjoy your favorite podcasts on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically when new episodes become available
• Use the On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want
• Choose to download new episodes automatically when they become available, even when the app is not open
• Subscribe to podcasts that require authentication — just enter the podcast URL into Search in My Podcasts
• Share your favorite episodes with friends using Facebook, Twitter, Messages, and Mail
• Optionally sync episodes and playlists from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• iCloud remembers your place in an episode, your subscriptions, and your stations and keeps them up to date on your devices, Mac, PC, and Apple TV
• Requires a device with iOS 7 or later
• Optionally syncing episodes requires iTunes 10.6.3 or later
• Syncing subscriptions, stations, and play position using iCloud requires iTunes 11.1 or later and Apple TV Software 6.0 or later
• Streaming or downloading episodes requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
• iTunes playlist syncing is not compatible with iTunes Match
What's New in Version 2.0.2
This update resolves an issue where the 15-second skip buttons may not appear on the lock screen when used with iOS 7.1.
Newest Version Needs Work
Since I’m not a programmer I do not know where iTunes/iOS went wrong with podcasting but it appears to be when it made the leap to the “stunning” looking new 2.0 version.
Since then, I must waste a ton more bandwidth because it appears as though iTunes, my Mac, my iPhone 5S and my iPad do not communicate with each other in regards to podcasts. When I watch or mark one as “read” on a device it doesn’t translate over. In fact, it wants to redownload said episode again on the devices I did not watch/listen to the said episode on.
I spend more time trying to keep a handle on 12 podcasts and what I’ve already seen, deleted, marked as “watched”, etc, only to find out when I open the app in another device it plays dumb.
I’ll take non-stunning looks over a simple “touch base with the cloud and check if this episode has been played” scenario. The app used to remember WHERE I left off too… even that simplicity is gone.
Will rate when next update comes.
Failed integration with iTunes
No way to leave feedback. Only way it remotely works is if when you install it is to NOT allowing to sync only use manual updating.
If I delete an episode in iTunes it should take it off of the Podcast app and vice versa, not make it available for download. It doesn't share that something was recently played across the two programs so it will download new podcasts that were not recently listened to on the computer, but not be available on the Podcast app. Also running into significant issues with iTunes deleting approximately half of podcasts, duplicating the half that remain and then splitting those between two apparent podcast subscriptions. Also, no apparent way to sort so the podcast subscriptions with unplayed episodes appear at the top in the app.
The single worst app ever made by a large developer
DOWNLOAD THIS immidiately!!! Misery loves company -I downloaded this app and am paying for it consistently from here forward! subtlely frustrating and self-esteem crushing, like a bad marriage! This app is such a trainwreck it is a must see! It is SO bad that it is its own paradox, and source of bewilderment. You will never see a major app so poorly contrived and so ill concieved, that it will instantly spark fascination and revilement of such drastic proportions, that you will be forever changed deep within your soul as soon as you make the foolhardy mistake of clicking 'download'. proceed at own risk!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 10, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.