PodCruncher Podcast App
By Obsessive Coders, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Finally, a full-featured podcast app that just works - no hiccups or crashes. Download and stream episodes, manage subscriptions, create playlists, discover new podcasts. Crafted with love - extremely fast, smooth, and easy to use.
"Podcast addicts will love this app" - AppAdvice
PODCASTS DELIVERED YOUR WAY
• Complete iTunes catalog: 250,000+ podcasts
• Download and stream over WiFi and Cellular
• Play pre-downloaded episodes when off-line
• New episodes auto-downloaded in background
• Lightning-fast feed updates and downloads
• Never have to sync with computer again
• Quick start by importing your subscriptions
UNMATCHED PLAYBACK CONTROL
• Playback speed: 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, 2x, 0.5x
• Continuous playback, edit Up Next on the fly
• Gestures for play/stop, fwd/back, next/previous
• Adjustable skip intervals for fwd/back buttons
• Precise multi-speed slider for fine scrubbing
• Landscape and full-screen modes for video
• Listen in background, even to video episodes
• Control remotely while driving or exercising
• Lock screen controls and episode information
• AirPlay support, Bluetooth audio and controls
• Sleep timer
DISCOVER NEW PODCASTS
• Browse top podcasts in 16 categories
• Search by podcast title, author, or description
• Select country for searching and browsing
• Import and Export subscriptions in Opml format
• Subscribe to any podcast feed using its URL
• Full support for password-protected podcasts
• Create regular and smart playlists
• Add, remove, rearrange episodes in playlists
• Smart playlists with many filter and sort options
• Set auto-download rules for new episodes
• Or select episodes and start download manually
• Manage download activity in the queue
• Share episodes by email, twitter, facebook
CONTACT US: EMAIL, FOLLOW, LIKE, SHARE
What's New in Version 3.3
iOS 11 and iPhone X support
Bug fixes and improvements
The best podcasting app imo, just needs one thing...
Been using this a long time, has exactly the interface and almost all the features I want.
Really pleased with the latest update too, they overhauled one part of the app that needed it - the look of it was a few OS updates old - and they made it compatible with the new phones, but didn't fix anything that wasn't broken. All the features and functionality I love are intact, and they didn't add anything extraneous.
But they just need to add one feature - the ability to search within your library of subscribed podcasts. Like some podcasts have hundreds of episodes and I might want to revisit ones with one particular guest, and it would be so much better to be able to search rather than have to scroll through the full list.
To the Developers
Could you PLEASE fix the bug that causes the iPhone lock screen player control panel to get stuck on a previous podcast episode from long before even though I’m listening to something several episodes ahead from a completely different podcast? The play/pause, skip forward/backward buttons work, but the time counter and cover art stay on the old episode until I restart my phone. I tried to contact support, but was unable to send an email because I don’t use the native Apple email app. I used my last podcast app for over a year (1,200+ hours), and bugs is what caused me to delete it and look for a new one. Considering PodCruncher is a paid app, this inconvenience is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to avoid.
One of my top two podcast players
As a podcaster, I’ve used just about every podcast player out there and I’d put PodCruncher tied at number one with Overcast for my favorite. The only feature I wish they would add is an option for a played episode to automatically be deleted once completed. Overcast doesn’t play video while PodCruncher does. That is a huge plus for PodCruncher. It would also be nice for PodCruncher to add landscape orientation. As of right now, landscape only works while playing video. My phone is usually in landscape in the car because it’s better for mapping. When flipping between apps, PodCruncher while come up sideways in portrait mode. This makes it difficult to select podcasts. Overall, I’d highly recommend it.