By Gary Hughes
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
PodGrasp is an easy to use audio podcast player. The ideal companion to PodGrasp for iPhone*.
- Simple uncluttered interface.
- Browse complete show notes inline.
- Customisable refresh schedule.
- Stream or download new episodes.
- Automatically download new episodes.
- Scheduled cleanup of played episodes.
- Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL.
- Import and export podcast subscriptions via OPML.
* PodGrasp for iPhone is sold separately and is available on the App Store.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- Use the new trickle command to catch up on the back catalogue of podcasts you've just discovered.
- Chapter support.
- Playback speed controls.
- Much faster refresh.
- Added a Swedish localisation.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Just what I was looking for!
That is, a light app for podcasts with a UI like Podcruncher for iPhone. If you're looking for bells and whistles and automatic subscriptions this app isn't for you, but if you want to subscribe to your favorites and load 'em up for later, it works great. The only thing that kept me from that 5th star was that (unlike Podcruncher) you can't search for a podcast name and have the app find the rss feed for it--you have to go out on the web and find the URL yourself and cut-and-paste it in. Of course, you only need to do that once for any subscription, but some podcast websites don't make it easy to find. The next update that has this feature I'll give 5 stars (unless it breaks previous functionality), if that's any inducement for the author.
Worth the .99c I suppose, but one feature I deem neseccary on all modern Podcast players is the ability to do a search to find new and interesting podcasts. This you have to bring all your content to with no way to search or find new things.
it's just not working for me
bought this yesterday, tried to use it 3 times and I've only been able to play 1 podcast so far. I subscribe to very popular podcasts and for some reason this just won't play them. I made sure the files are downloaded, tried deleting and re-downloading, etc. I wish it were working for me, but it just isn't :(